Level 10 Construction Reviews | Glassdoor

Dennis Giles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "First Job"

I have been working at Level 10 Construction full-time

Pros

Good company culture, and prestigious projects

Cons

No performance reviews, and lack of standardized procedures throughout projects

2. "Project Engineer"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Level 10 Construction full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and awesome people to work with!

Cons

Some people are hot headed

3. "SOOO BADD"

I worked at Level 10 Construction full-time

Pros

$400 for thanksgiving "gift" card and "high five". Thanks!!

Cons

The whole company is GROOOOOSSS. No culture. No real back bone. It it filled with managers with zero experience and "little town" builders experience with zero interest in developing a persons career .

Advice to Management

Pay attention to real talent. They are driven and want to work hard......be afraid that they want to to paid and feel appreciated.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Level 10 Construction full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Midsize GC with larger volume projects. Pay is also higher than well established GCs based on employees experience. Have not seen much more to describe.

Cons

Long hours, weekend work, not friendly, structure is not as shiny as they market for, you have to be able to play the game, the list doesn't stop here. I wouldn't recommend this company to my friends.

Advice to Management

None.

5. "Do your due diligence"

I have been working at Level 10 Construction full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Consistent work, Good Facilities, Good Benefits

Cons

Not satisfied with management styles

6. "Preconstruction"

I have been working at Level 10 Construction full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people make it fun! It's great to work in an environment where even though the work may be tough, at least it's fun because you enjoy the people you work with!

Cons

I believe this is a con for construction in general, but long hours seem to be a part of the industry.

""we don't treat people like R&S" they do!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Level 10 Construction full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young driven recognized developing construction company, able to achieve projects substaining profitability and stability in the industry.

Cons

Ego's override professional judgement, management is rude and degrades employees. Don't appreciate skills and acknowledge employee brings to the company. Confidentiality can not be trusted.

"Project Manager"

I have been working at Level 10 Construction full-time

Pros

- Working with all of my buddies from the other company
    - Truck and credit card
    - Job is easy since I just get work on one Moffett building after another

Cons

- General superintendent is unprofessional and verbally attacks everyone, from subs to all of the Level 10 employees
    - The culture is no different from the other company
    - No desire to innovate because more than half of the work comes directly from JP

Advice to Management

- Executive team could start by being more friendly and more engaging with the employees
    - Address the toxic culture and unprofessional behavior

"Great Company - Incredible Growth and Oppurtinities"

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Level 10 Construction full-time

Pros

SAFETY, passion, determination, commitment, cohesiveness, empathy, caring, strong, looking to the future...these are just but a few words to describe working with the people that make up Level 10 Construction. I have worked at Level 10 full time for almost two years. In that time I have met and worked with some great people. Upper management does their best to listen, understand, and do their best in taking care of their employees. Some reviews on here state that people are treated poorly but that has not been my experience in the least. It is quite the opposite. You are what you make it. If you are Safety minded, passionate, committed, determined, caring, strong, and looking towards the future then this company is a good fit. All companies have their positive and negative. At Level 10 the positives far out way the negative. Yes the hours can be long which occurs at many companies, especially during a building boom as the Bay Area is experiencing currently.
    Level 10 is also active in giving back to the community in the form of Food Drives, Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity, and working in conjunction with other companies in helping Bay Area residents needing repairs to their homes free of charge.
    I have been in the industry for over 20 years with time in the field as a Union member and this is one of the best companies I have worked at. Safety is the number one requirement for me. Level 10’s safety record is exceptional. Another one of my requirements is to work with a GC whose projects are built by Union Tradespeople. I have worked both Union and Non-Union and there is no comparison in terms of SAFETY and quality of construction. I enjoy working at Level 10 and highly recommend working at this company.

Cons

I don't really have any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

10. "Made up of the best"

Pros

Level 10 creates opportunities for employees to challenge themselves and celebrate their successes. There’s a great deal of variety in the exciting projects we build together. Employees get to take on as much responsibility as they want, allowing for faster development of their professional skills.

It’s a huge plus that the majority of our sr. management has worked together for many years at another firm. Those existing relationships promote the friendship and family culture that is part of Level 10’s nature. After their previous employer was sold to a public company, that feeling of togetherness eroded. A commitment to create a company of employee inclusion and appreciation remains part of Level 10’s building blocks, whether celebrating at our company family picnic or on one of our jobsites.

The business of construction is inherently challenging and demanding; and not automatically for everyone. For those who choose to excel, work hard to achieve, and enjoy the camaraderie of their colleagues, construction is an extremely rewarding profession. The caliber of people that make up the Level 10 family are truly playing at the highest level. If you are interested in being a part of something great, come see for yourself.

Cons

Acknowledging that we can always improve as individuals and as a team, there aren't any "cons" specific to being part of the Level 10 family. Many people would like to be a part of our family. Our strength as a company and what we get out of it as members of it, is in our control; and that's a good thing.