Lever "diversity and inclusion" Reviews | Glassdoor

Lever Employee Reviews about "diversity and inclusion"

Updated Nov 28, 2019

4.5
Pros
Cons
  • "With any start-up there might be growing pains with creating a solid knowledge base(in 18 reviews)

• "Typical startup growing pains are present here, but not overwhelming(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "diversity and inclusion"

Return to all Reviews

"Fantastic Growing Company."

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture. It has the feel of a startup but clearly growing towards big goals. Management cares a lot about their employees. BIG emphasis on diversity and Inclusion.

Cons

I love it. no complaints

Advice to Management

Keep creating an inclusive environment for your employees. we appreciate it.

Lever2018-10-29

"Some good people but ultimately poor leadership leaves a lot to be desired"

I worked at Lever full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Supportive of diversity and inclusion efforts but at times too liberal - Some fun cultural quirks and tradition - free foods

Cons

- Execs are inexperienced, arrogant and poor communicators - Decision making is not transparent with a surprising amount of politics (teams don't feel united with open bickering) - Product moves incredibly slow for a competitive market

Lever2018-12-10
  3. "Great culture, D&I efforts, and opportunities to grow!"

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best company culture, honest emphasis on being diverse and inclusive. Great opportunities to learn and grow as an employee with the company. Have found solid footing in a competitive market, now time to win!

Cons

Some typical startup scaling issues. Team is trying to grow a lot, which means things are moving around quite a bit.

Lever2018-10-24
  4. "A great place to work!"

I have been working at Lever full-time

Pros

- Best interview process I've been through - Very diverse and inclusive. - Competitive pay - Amazing people. - Amazing benefits

Cons

With any start-up there might be growing pains with creating a solid knowledge base.

Lever2018-10-18

"Best Onboarding Process Ever - Most Inclusive Space I've Ever Worked In"

I have been working at Lever full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything at Lever has proven to be extremely intentional and thought out. My onboarding process was slick, easily understood and gave me a great roadmap to success. They actually listen to (and ask for!) feedback actively. They are aware that employees are, in fact human vs. perfect production machines, and work to be understanding of where everyone is at then give them the tools to improve. Suggestions for... diversity and inclusion are welcome and treated with great respect and, whenever possible, iterated on ASAP. I love working with a company that expects its team members to be both independent and collaborative, teaching basics of empathy and emotional intelligence as bare minimum expectations instead of something only found on the People Team. I feel like my manager understands the best way to manage me and tries actively to work with that and meet me where I am--versus forcing me to fit their style. It feels collaborative and active versus static and immovable. I always feel like I can find out why a decision was made and feel like I trust my coworkers.

Cons

It's not perfect of course, but I feel like the things that aren't perfect are always up for discussion and explanation with the possibility of actually changing things, versus dropping an issue in a proverbial suggestion box to be lost forever.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Lever2018-10-10
  6. "Opportunity to own your role and make an impact"

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is one of the best opportunities to own your role, learn and grow, and make an impact. I feel like everyone here really cares about the company's overall mission in innovating the talent tech space just as much as they care about the job they get to do. People here are really some of the most genuine and compassionate people. The company shows that they really care about you beyond just your job but also for... you as an person too. I value that this company is very big on diversity and inclusion efforts to help everyone feel like they belong and that they a place to be themselves while doing good work. There's also a lot of work celebrations and events that help to bring people from across the entire organization closer together.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like change is a little difficult for some people to accept which makes it harder for newcomers to suggest new ideas for improvement. The culture is almost "too polite" that employees find it hard to give proper feedback or to ask the hard questions that would help to elevate quality and direction for one another (both amongst peers and managers). This makes it difficult for processes, hiring, and... development to move quickly as we scale.

Advice to Management

Hold each other accountable: There are a lot of big goals being set and everyone must play their part. We always celebrate when we reach a goal, but we are not taking feedback, not taking steps to identify problems, nor defining next steps for improvement when we are not successful with other goals.

Lever2017-10-23

"Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part of working at Lever is that the company really values their employees. Everyone is very welcoming and genuinely wants to help the company succeed. Leadership is very transparent in the goals and mission of the company. Lever also strives to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, where the employee ratio is 50/50 male and female. The diversity of people brings a diversity of thought, which ultimately... drives innovation.

Cons

Currently, I have no cons.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent with the company. You guys are all rockstars!

Lever2017-10-19

"Tons of opportunity, if you're willing to work hard (and frankly, we all are)"

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers are among the best I've ever worked with in my career. They're smart, hard working, creative, and dedicated to our goals and mission. We're still growing, and I'm excited to see more programming happening around diversity and inclusion, supporting parents, and making sure we're giving back to the community we're a part of. We're gaining a lot of momentum, and so selling Lever has definitely... gotten--not necessarily, easier, but--more scalable over time. It's awesome selling something that people have heard of (and we've come a long way there). It's also awesome to see more managers coming in paired with Lever focusing more on growth and development.

Cons

We're still a newer team, and we're still working on some of the kinks. I'd love to see more consistent manager training to make sure everyone is onboarded with the same expectations. We're also definitely still a startup, so expect for it to operate like a startup. There are long hours, tough projects, and a lot of different hats to wear.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to communicate well with one another, both from our executives to our individual contributors, and vice versa. I think we do really well as a company when our C-suite listens and takes action.

Lever2017-10-10

"A fantastic team, great product, awesome growth opportunities"

I have been working at Lever

Pros

- I love the people I work with - I believe in our product - I feel valued - The growth opportunities for the company as well as myself are transparent, and the leveling and career trajectories are constantly revisited - Our management is incredible: caring, empathetic, and so talented - The focus on diversity and inclusion is sincere and effective - Feedback culture is strong. We are great at celebrations.... - Benefits are overall great

Cons

- We work hard, and expectations are high. We are constantly challenging ourselves and not accepting of mediocrity - Salary could be a little more competitive

Advice to Management

keep investing in people; keep focusing on diversity; continue to be thought innovators; make sure that we are creating space for all different personalities

Lever2017-10-02

"The best place in the Talent space!"

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lever full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at Lever about a 6 months and have enjoyed every moment of my time here. The company is growing steadily, and yet the recruiting and executive teams have managed to keep that intimate, considerate, and passionate startup feel. This is a great place to grow as both a professional and an individual -- Lever is invested in its employees as much as we are invested in Lever. I feel like I'm learning and growing... every day. Management is putting a lot of emphasis on employee and team development and setting teams up for success by creating team and individual impact plans as well as goals, norms and commitments. My coworkers are insanely collaborative, caring and driven. The work environment is very diverse and inclusive. This is a place where you become friends after work.

Cons

At times there is a lot of ambiguity when working on new projects but this can be turned into a great skill building. The health benefits are not ideal but hopefully they will get better as company grows. Central location is great but traversing through the Powell Bart station makes me nauseous pretty much every day.

Advice to Management

Getting real with your employees is absolutely the way to go. Transparency is key for engendering buy-in when goals are intimidating and ever growing; don't let things get cloudy as the company grows. We all believe in what we are doing here and would always rather brass tacks than hollow cheerleading.

Lever2017-09-26