Levi Strauss Reviews | Glassdoor

Chip Bergh

1,118 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Absolutely no work life balance" (in 27 reviews)

• "Intimidation from upper management" (in 37 reviews)

1. "Good experience"

I have been working at Levi Strauss full-time

Pros

fun culture, good location, shuttle

Cons

traditional company structure, needs more innovation in structure

2. "Love what the company stands for, needs to pay employees better."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at Levi Strauss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is big on giving back to community, the history of Jean's, compelling store environment, standards are top notch.

Cons

Payroll for PT employees suck, pay and salary are terrible for being such a great company.

3. "Account Executuve"

I worked at Levi Strauss full-time

Pros

Benefits are very competitive in the industry

Cons

Communication opportunities exist and are critical because of the level of details involved in this business.

4. "Manageable work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Levi Strauss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helpfull technical and business support from the LEVIS SMEs.

Cons

Long hours and have not considered upgrading teradata version

5. "Amazing Company Also With Great People"

I worked at Levi Strauss part-time

Pros

I applied for job and worked only a day as stylist. I leave job as my mom had emergency surgery. Everyone was helpful and supportive to me and help me get around my schedule. MY manager Eric was supportive of me and also help me get around. I was also offered to join back when I want. MY other store stylists were very welcoming. Their hr Bjay also talk to my mom and also check with me if we was doing well before and after I left job. He also help me with other stuff. Also I felt so respected when everyone respected me for what I was going through and my mom. I go to school and work multiplejobs to make money. I have problem still but I will alsojoin back Levi when I can. People here respect, care and empathiz with you. thank you everyone for being nice supportive .

Cons

I DID not find any con. It is great company. I like it and you will like it too.

6. "Open Ended IT Environment"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Levi Strauss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, great bonuses

Cons

IT has no structure, very loose

7. "good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Levi Strauss part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great exposure for future jobs

Cons

nothing , everything is fabulous

Advice to Management

nothing

8. "MC"

I have been working at Levi Strauss full-time

Pros

Employee discounts, benefits, work/life balance

Cons

Rude customers in stores makes work very difficult

"Interviewing and Onboarding"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Levi Strauss (Less than a year)

Pros

I was employed for a little over 5 months and left because of better employment opportunities.

My initial interview period and onboarding were terrible. I never received a call when expected and the interviewer never showed on the day of my in-person interview. I waited for over 30 minutes before someone called me to apologize and reschedule. I drove 5 hours just for that interview which never happened. So, some random recruiters and juniors interviewed me for the sake of interviewing and they had no clue about my skill set.

There was a lot of rescheduling on the part of my recruiter and I felt that she didn't respect my time. I appeared for six interviews of which only two I found were intelligent and made sense before being offered junior position making <60k. I find that such a waste of resource. Looks like other 4 interviewers were treating me as a guinea pig to practice their interviewing skills.

I did accept the job out of necessity because I had given notice to my previous employer.

BTW, I had a great boss and team who supported me and I learned a lot over the period of six months. LS&Co. has some of the most wonderful people I have ever met and it is just that their initial recruiting is terrible or it was just me unlucky guy to experience that.

I had joined on a DACA immigrant visa with EAD and had initial difficulties completing their employment verification as I have had the petition with USCIS regarding the status change. Both my boss or higher-ups had no clue until one of my immigrant colleagues connected me with the HR guy in Texas who she said had helped her and team too with OPT Extensions, verification and get employment authorized and that he was very humble and knowledgeable. And, with all honesty that was one of my first best onboarding experience I have ever had with any company. I was in similar limbo with my previous employer too with regard to employment eligibility and they didn't give a damn about me.

I believe they have an HR team in California and Texas. This Asian-Indian dude is a rock star and helped me connect with the congressman and also helped me in making sure that my immigration papers were correctly filled and submitted. I received my EAD a month after that and I was eligible to work. After, that he even helped me with payroll issues and other onboarding problems like navigating workday, even though I don't think that it was his job responsibility. He literally went out of the way to help me and answer my questions. I would give this guy 5/5. Being an immigrant and stress we go through every single day and our faith lies in the hands of USCIS, I will never forget the comfort he provided me and thereby my family throughout the I-9 and payroll process. It has been 5 months or so and I wish I could remember his name and acknowledge him.

Also, their HR Call center is very helpful and ladies are very friendly but a little slow in response. I wish they worked after 5.30pm CST.

Now moving on to benefits I love their 401k match program, HSA contribution, Insurance and 40% discount on apparels among other benefits. I would give them 5 stars but that initial onboarding just didn't cut the deal.

I loved working with Levi and it is such a historical company. The culture is laid back and awesome. Levi valued work life balance which my current company doesn't :-( but I have better title, pay and fabulous onboarding experience. Someday, I will join back Levi.

Cons

Please Please Please have better interview and scheduling practices and train recruiters with basic onboarding issues and how to resolve them.

Advice to Management

Please have some growth and learning opportunities to cross-train employees.

"Decent place to gain experience in retail"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Levi Strauss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- CEO town hall meetings
    -401K
    -PTO
    -Decent Bonus Structure
    - Good Product/Brand
    -Company has been performing well for the past few years

Cons

Rampant favoritism throughout many teams. Your experience will completely depend on your direct manager
    Explicitly pressured to give 5 stars by management on engagement survey
    Lack of accountability for key decisions
    Demanding business partners in cross-functional teams
    Hard to move to other teams within the company

Showing 1,118 of 1,162 reviews