Leviton Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Leviton President and CEO Donald J. Hendler
Donald J. Hendler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "flexible work environment with opportunities to get involved in a multitude of projects" (in 13 reviews)

• "Overall, a great work environment with friendly people, good benefits, and plenty of perks" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay - Annual raises never break 3% and bonuses are not guaranteed" (in 11 reviews)

• "Sometimes it feels that upper management is better than everyone else, but that is no different than anywhere else" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Leviton is a Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady work-life balance, room for growth, and professional deveplopment is encouraged. Many of the employees are long term which bodes very well for the company.

Cons

No cons at this time!

2. "Great people at Leviton"

I have been working at Leviton full-time

Pros

Leviton has given me the opportunity to grow.

Cons

None, I think Company management is great.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the people, as it has been the case for the past several years

3. "Great environment in the tech world of the South"

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facility and the environment are great. Having a team of colleagues and managers so invested in promoting you and the company is a breath of fresh air in a corporate environment. Working with great engineers, on the edge of IoT technology is an exciting place to spend your days! I look forward to the next update, project, product, partnership, etc every day!

Cons

Parking can be a bit of a drag during busy times of the year in the city.

4. "Manager, Engineering Services"

Current Employee - Manager, Engineering Services in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Manager, Engineering Services in Melville, NY

I have been working at Leviton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leviton incites innovation, creativity and collaboration. Leviton encourage all employees to ask questions, embrace challenges with courage and confidence, seek out new perspectives, to anticipate what comes next.
    Great culture and working environment.

Cons

Would be great if remote work would be available specially during bad weather.

5. "Excellent Community and Leadership"

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First off, the work isn't about developing boring business applications or something of the like. It's about software that tells Leviton products to DO stuff. It's a metaphysical link from the software to the real world. Seeing a state change in the UI followed by a physical device reacting is VERY satisfying (to me at least). I love the work we do because it's geared towards making peoples lives easier.

Secondly, the community at our workplace is incredibly friendly and open. You can always reach out to anyone if you're stuck on an issue, and there's rarely any fire-chasing going on.

And Lastly, the management at the NOLA location are seasoned engineers. I think this is what makes our engineering department great, instead of just "good enough." They usually understand what kind of effort and time it will take to make a product, which has led to less fire-chasing (as stated earlier).

Cons

Some of our other business units will occasionally reach out to us for some sort of "contract" work, which is usually deadline-driven. The deadlines they set almost always inaccurately estimate the development time of the product they wish to make. Luckily, this does not happen all that often and only a select few BU's have this mentality.

Advice to Management

The deadline-driven development mentioned above has gotten better over the years, but I think the company needs to do a better job reining in its product managers as far as deadlines and customer promises are concerned.

6. "Great place to work with long history of innovation"

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Doing some of the coolest work in one of the coolest workspaces in New Orleans.

Cons

Sometimes company can be slow to act.

Advice to Management

Let the Innovation Center lead the way.

7. "Great Workplace Environment"

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for that has a really bright future ahead of it due to its recent success in the rapidly growing industry of IoT and Smart Home Technology. At Leviton (Nola) there is an excellent opportunity for potential growth not just in skills but in position, and the management is very supportive. Overall, a great work environment with friendly people, good benefits, and plenty of perks.

Cons

Due to the rapid growth of Leviton (Nola) and the IoT Industry as a whole, there has been a strain on engineering resources so there's no lack of work day-to-day and you rarely find a dull moment. On the flip side, this gives each engineer a sense of real importance and great potential to grow.

Advice to Management

Hire more engineers.

8. "This Company is Amazing"

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leviton creates an environment of camaraderie and respect -- of community. Career development is encouraged by management; to be innovative and creative.

Cons

Not enough time in the day to get everything done.

Advice to Management

Keep being involved and interested.

9. "Great Family Owned Company"

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working for Leviton for 25 years since graduating college. To work for the same company for that length of time in this day and age should show any prospective employee how great the company is to work for. The location is great right off of the LIE, the cafeteria is phenomenal, the pay is very fair but the most important piece are my fellow employees. We all work together on a common goal to make Leviton successful.

Cons

There really aren't any day to day "cons". The work can get stressful since deadlines must be adhered to but to be successful at anything, you must have goals in place.

Advice to Management

Just keep on ensuring that employees are the #1 asset to the company.

10. "A great company to work for!"

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company almost devoid of internal politics that focuses its efforts to serving and delighting customers.

Cons

Sometimes waffles on whether or not to be in specific markets or verticals

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction of being first to market with innovative products