Leviton Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Leviton President and CEO Donald J. Hendler
Donald J. Hendler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The employees, work environment, continuous innovation making the work interesting and ever-changing (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits, they show that they appreciate their employees (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay and low salary increases (in 10 reviews)

• Sometimes it feels that upper management is better than everyone else, but that is no different than anywhere else (in 9 reviews)

1. "Great Experience"

I have been working at Leviton full-time

Pros

The employees, work environment, continuous innovation making the work interesting and ever-changing.

Cons

A bit behind the times and should integrate more.

2. "Not too good"

I worked at Leviton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Building, location, commute, co-workers

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

3. "Software Engineer Intern"

I have been working at Leviton part-time

Pros

They take the time to teach you the material.

Cons

Their pay is usually lower than average of what others are paying.

"Very poor !!"

I worked at Leviton full-time

Pros

Not really any pros in the Finance department. The people in the other departments, like Engineering, Supply Chain, & IT are very nice and helpful.

Cons

Very poorly managed, especially the Finance department. Work is haphazard, chaotic, and the management in Finance department has no clue at all at how to get the work done. No appreciation shown ever to the employees in the Finance department and the management never cares about the employees at all.

HR department is totally overstaffed, but under-worked. They really don't listen to the employees if the employees have any issues. Everything is just pro-management.

No career growth at all.

Compensation & benefits are administered by the company itself, and so the benefits are average but the rates keep going up every year. Very expensive for a company this size.

Work/Life balance: hardly any balance since management in Finance doesn't care about the employee's private life. All about work.

Senior Management in Finance: extremely unprofessional, rude & discourteous. They don't even stop to say "Good Morning" even when the employee is standing right in front of them.

Salary: mostly below industry-standard salaries. Except for the senior management, who I am sure are overpaid. At year-end, the bosses really keep the chunk of the department bonuses for themselves and hardly give anything to their individual employees.

Culture/Values: Started off as a very good company with immense values when the original founder & direct family were there & involved in the company's day-to-day operations. But lot of things have changed at the management, and especially in the Finance department. Employees who have been there for years, especially since the original family, really say that this company has deteriorated very rapidly. Only the CEO, Don Hendler, stops to wish everyone he comes across. But unfortunately, he is hardly involved in the day-to-day operations anymore. So he is hardly seen around.
    So unfortunate!!

Advice to Management

The management, especially in the Finance department, needs to start not just listening but understanding the employees and their issues too. They have to understand that a company is only as good as its employees. They need to learn how to keep their employees happy, which they have definitely forgotten.

5. "C&I Marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I worked at Leviton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Location/Building
    - Volunteer opportunities
    - Team Building
    - C&I Product Managers
    - PTO
    - HR
    - Equipment
    - Employee Benefits

Cons

- Low Pay
    - Rotating door of employees (unless you intern there and have not worked anywhere else, no one seemed to last)
    - Waterfall methodology waste so much time and then I couldn't do what I was hired to do/ try something new,
    - Monotonous: Day to day was doing co-workers work under the guise it came from our boss
    - No communication
    - Barebone Raises: 3% is the cap
    - Training: Supposed to train me but they didn't care/ didn't understand half the processes, then glazed over and rush through the rest so I was not only left on your own but then had to teach myself everything
    - No Innovation: I had to stick to what I was hired to do (except when needed every other second by co workers and then if anything was wrong I was immediately thrown under the bus).

Advice to Management

Change your motto from "Perception is everything" to "Accountability For Everyone", just because your employees have been there longer than you should not mean carte blanche. No one outside our department realizes what goes on nor cares and it's OK for your employees to befriend co-workers in other BU's. Use technology, that is where it's there for.

6. "Good but Slow environment"

I have been working at Leviton full-time

Pros

- Comfortable work space
    - Not very stressful

Cons

- A lot of the people are related in some way
    - very hard to move up
    - Lacks diversity in exec positions

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Tech in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Tech in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy going, laid back, low stress

Cons

Low paying, low raises, no bonus.

8. "Review"

I have been working at Leviton full-time

Pros

Awesome people, Great environment

Cons

stressful at times, disagree with management at times

9. "Industrial mechanic"

Current Employee - Industrial Mechanic I in Morganton, NC
    Current Employee - Industrial Mechanic I in Morganton, NC

I have been working at Leviton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

4 days on 4 days off

Cons

12 hr night shift

Advice to Management

Lay off employees who are getting job

"Principal Tooling Engineer"

Former Employee - Principal Tooling Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Principal Tooling Engineer in Bothell, WA

I worked at Leviton (More than 10 years)

Pros

They let me work over 6000 hours of un compensated overtime. They let me earn 13 patents should have been many more. They gave me the Harold Leviton Innovation award in 2011. I got to engineer and manage over 500 tooling projects and put all those products into production. Was the only person that worked for Leviton that could do product design for Injection molding, Die Casting and Sheet metal design as well as design all the production tooling to make these products. Got to spend $67,000 of my wages to purchase the design software I needed to do all this work, I sold a new truck of mine so I could purchase Mold Flow software to solve the Cat 6 spring problem. I solved this issue and this saved Leviton over 26,000,000 million dollars and still counting. I never failed to get the job done. Every personnel review I received I got exceeds expectations.

Cons

Despite what you read above they said they no longer need someone myself that can do all of that. No reason given. And thanks for that last bonus of $1000.00 after taxes this didn't even pay half of the support cost's for Solid Works.

Advice to Management

You need to find out who actually has talent and who doesn't. This is not a personality contest. We were all here to make Leviton successful. Give the Christmas bonus's to the employee's who earned it and not to just your friends.