Lewis Group of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Richard & Robert Lewis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've seen a lot of 'promote from within' culture as well, which is great (in 8 reviews)

• As corporate: 40 hours a week really is 40 hours, even management is out of the door at 5pm (good for work/life balance) (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management holds grudges and blacklists employees (in 10 reviews)

• Hard to leave such a great company and momentum (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Dream Company"

Pros

Overall, the company really cares about the employees professionally and personally. The amount of training available exceeds all expectations and if there is ever a need for help someone is available to assist in a timely manner. The incentives provided to the employees are fantastic and include tickets to venues, a work/life balance, fun events, and great health benefits. The owners and senior management really listen to and care about what they are told by employees of the company and that’s absolutely fantastic and not something that other companies have to offer.

Cons

I personally have no cons to consider at this time.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue to manage the way that you currently do because you are making a lot of employees happy including myself. It’s nice knowing that I can come to work and know that I have the support of my management team. Thank you Lewis Management for giving me the opportunity to work for a dream company.

Aug 10, 2016 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for your comments, particularly your mention of our dedicated Training department. Lewis prides itself on providing the tools to succeed in your career with the company.

2. "Encouraging, professional environment with advancement opportunity!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your ideal workplace is one ran by professional management that is not only capable and efficient, but shows integrity in every process of business- this is the company for you. Since being hired four months ago, I have been treated with nothing but respect and professionalism. I can honestly say that LMC practices what they preach.

There is also huge opportunity for advancement. I have never been at a company (this size) where you receive 1-4 emails a week about employees being promoted! Conversations about room for growth as well as celebrating achieved goals are ones that happen on the daily. There is no better way to grow as an individual, personally as well as professionally, than this. Thank you Lewis Management Corp for the opportunity to work for your company and help grow your business.

Cons

Nothing important enough to comment on.

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

Thank you very much for your comments. We are particularly glad you mentioned Lewis' practice of considering current employees for open positions. The company has a strong track record of promoting... More

3. "Leasing Receptionist"

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time

Pros

This teams communication is great! We're constantly busy and staying on the same page can be a hassle but here that's not the case . Also there's seems to be a lot of room for advancement within the company as a whole.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

4. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lewis gives you all the opportunity and tools to grow. They have the ability to help you develop as a person and score a career. Lewis also has amazing benefits. They have 15 paid days off a year, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K & More!

Cons

If you don't like working hard, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your employees and their development.

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

Thank you very much for your comments.

"Oh SNAP!"

I worked at Lewis Group of Companies full-time

Pros

Being able to write my resignation letter.
    P.S. - This is not a dream job...of so, you need to wake up from your nightmare.

Cons

Oh boy, where to begin? It is a bit ironic that once again job fairs are being held and job postings are posted. For fun, someone ought to sit back and watch how many times job postings are added to all job sites. It is NOT because they are growing, it is because they do not know how to treat people and then the people get smart and then the people leave. HA! The endless testing, personality test etc do this company no good. If so, then they would not go through employees like they do.

Advice to Management

Do the math...how much do you spend in employee turnover? Enough to build another community I bet?

"Smoke and Mirrors"

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technicians get at least 1 weekend day off.

Cons

Overworked and underappreciated. Upper management holds grudges and blacklists employees.

7. "Great Place Overall"

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to learn and grow in the industry. Management is supportive but not overbearing. The owners believe in reinvesting in the community and developing with a purpose.

Cons

Salary and Bonuses can feel disjointed from performance. The review process is and job progression is sometimes a black box.

Advice to Management

Provide clearer guidance to employees regarding key performance metrics so the employees know what is expected earn that next raise or bonus.

8. "Leasing Consultant"

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time

Pros

Advancement opportunities, full benefits, PTO

Cons

Must work weekends, schedule flexibility

9. "Lucky to find this company"

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time

Pros

The Lewis name is well known in the Inland Empire - always proud to tell someone that I work here!

Cons

No cons as of yet!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's so refreshing to work for a company that communicates with staff about the future.

"Lost the one person that really cared"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've enjoyed most of my time with this company and love that the company seems to give back to the community. The pay is fair, but expectations are high, you have to bring your A game everyday. After a number of years I feel it's time to move on. They ran off the VP of property mgmt, and she was the one that really cared about those of us working so hard everyday. Thankfully they got rid of a terrible Regional... Now get rid of the rest of them.

Cons

The executives have no idea what reality is in regard to the day to day.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and get rid of the right people instead of running off the good ones.