Lewis Group of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Richard & Robert Lewis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've seen a lot of 'promote from within' culture as well, which is great (in 8 reviews)

• I have been working for the company for more than a week now and I knew this is a great company to work for since the time I was interviewed (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management holds grudges and blacklists employees (in 11 reviews)

• If there is anything I would change about the company it would be their commission structure for leasing consultants (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time

Pros

There are so many pros to working with Lewis but I will just list a few. 1- all of the properties are owned and managed by Lewis and they dont sell. 2- Policies are the same at all the properties. 3- Ongoing training 4- great support for all the positions 5- room for growth 6 -Lewis promotes from within before looking out

Cons

Some processes and software is dated so its a little more work to get some things done. Quarterly bonus are less then I'm use to.

Advice to Management

Include crime and drug free policies in tbe lease agreement. This will allow us to keep our communities clean

2. "Purchasing Agent"

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for. Lewis really appreciates their employees and it's a fun place to work.

Cons

Update-remodel office building a bit

3. "Overall good company that offers a great product."

Former Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great and properties are beautiful. They do provide good training for new hires.

Cons

Large properties have stagnant staff because top sales people never leave since it would require massive pay cut to get promoted to non-sales positions at smaller properties.

Advice to Management

Find ways to promote top sales performers without massive pay cut or cross train them for opportunities that compensate better. Just because they are sales professionals does not mean that can't be awesome doing other roles.

4. "Maintenance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

I worked at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company and opportunities, if you are White that is. Decent pay

Cons

Too much politics, discrimination, unfair treatment especially if you're a minority. Upper management doesn't take complaints seriously. I worked here for five years as a dedicated worker and never felt safe. I was told I couldn't be promoted to supervisor because of the way I looked! Yes they actually told me this. There was never any positive reinforcement or encouragement. It was always "what can I find wrong here". Like I said there was too much politics in which people were promoted. Some people just had the "image" that Lewis wanted and were pushed forward even if the person wasn't qualified. Minorities especially Mexicans were looked at as lower class and didn't have that image Lewis wanted. They see them as working in the kitchen as dishwashers and outside mowing the lawn which is sad. I'm not sure if the owners actually push for this or it's the regionals doing it. All I know is they used to look at me like I didn't belong there. But yes I lasted five years there just doing my best I could. I learned great amounts of knowledge and new skills that I plan to use in another company that values me for what I have to offer, instead of just the color of my skin or my looks

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your site in Upland. The manager employee fails to record frequent part-day absences on his time card. He was gone so often he neglected his duties and repeatedly missed deadlines. Numerous people have come forward to attest to this and there's all kinds of security footage as evidence. Don't take my word for it, go check it out for yourself. The office is always closed while manager is out jogging or home watching TV! Wow, It boggles my mind why Lewis keeps someone with absolutely no integrity working for them.

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Oct 18, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

We are very disappointed to hear that you felt your experience while at Lewis was not optimal.

The Company and Human Resources are committed to ensuring that we comply and adhere to all laws... More

5. "Tech pay"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

On site living. 401k.

Cons

Pay increases do not keep up to the new pay of starting employees. I started as a grounds and got promoted just after my 2nd year. I started my tech pay at $15 hr. In 2012 Just before this last raise in April '17 I was making $16.82 The newly promoted grounds from what I hear are making $16.50 how am I only making 32 cents more than a newly promoted grounds after 4 years of doing this job? Now from what I hear NSM make $18.50 when working at a Homecoming? Would a techs pay increase or decrease due to what property they work at? I've always got my %3 raises and I feel like myself and others are underpaid compared to new hires and the promoted grounds. The numbers I am listing off are off site non comp unit pay. I don't see how an NSM would possibly make more than me As a 4th year tech. I have worked here for 7 years. How do I get promoted from tech to NSM.

Advice to Management

We spend too much on gardening.

6. "Leasing Receptionist"

Current Employee - Leasing Receptionist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Receptionist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love my job at Homecoming at Terra Vista with Lewis. I feel like I work for a company that really cares about the well being of it's employees, they show us appreciation by hosting events and providing gift baskets and cute things like that. I am friends with all of my coworkers and we have really high morale in the office. I enjoy the residents and being able to help them love their home.

Cons

I have no complaints at this time

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Sep 28, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

Thank you very much for your review. The team at Homecoming Terra Vista is a solid crew that has a lot of fun. We appreciate them all, and each and every associate in the Lewis community portfolio.

7. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Leasing Receptionist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Receptionist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked with a company that treats and values both its customers and employees so well. They really do redefine the meaning of family and really treat you like one. They are extremely nurturing and caring in making sure you succeed!

Cons

It gets a little busy! But busy is fun!

"Not what they are cracked up to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

I worked at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outdated company, no growth, it pays the bills.

Cons

Management has ZERO accountability and are called Lewis Lifers.

Advice to Management

Give fair bonuses at the end of the year and don't give land development ridiculous bonuses.

9. "Encouraging, professional environment with advancement opportunity!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your ideal workplace is one ran by professional management that is not only capable and efficient, but shows integrity in every process of business- this is the company for you. Since being hired four months ago, I have been treated with nothing but respect and professionalism. I can honestly say that LMC practices what they preach.

There is also huge opportunity for advancement. I have never been at a company (this size) where you receive 1-4 emails a week about employees being promoted! Conversations about room for growth as well as celebrating achieved goals are ones that happen on the daily. There is no better way to grow as an individual, personally as well as professionally, than this. Thank you Lewis Management Corp for the opportunity to work for your company and help grow your business.

Cons

Nothing important enough to comment on.

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

Thank you very much for your comments. We are particularly glad you mentioned Lewis' practice of considering current employees for open positions. The company has a strong track record of promoting... More

10. "Leasing Receptionist"

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time

Pros

This teams communication is great! We're constantly busy and staying on the same page can be a hassle but here that's not the case . Also there's seems to be a lot of room for advancement within the company as a whole.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Sep 12, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

Thank you very much for your comments.