Lewis Group of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard & Robert Lewis

Pros
  • I've seen a lot of 'promote from within' culture as well, which is great (in 8 reviews)

• As corporate: 40 hours a week really is 40 hours, even management is out of the door at 5pm (good for work/life balance) (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management holds grudges and blacklists employees (in 10 reviews)

• Hard to leave such a great company and momentum (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Dream Company"

Pros

Overall, the company really cares about the employees professionally and personally. The amount of training available exceeds all expectations and if there is ever a need for help someone is available to assist in a timely manner. The incentives provided to the employees are fantastic and include tickets to venues, a work/life balance, fun events, and great health benefits. The owners and senior management really listen to and care about what they are told by employees of the company and that’s absolutely fantastic and not something that other companies have to offer.

Cons

I personally have no cons to consider at this time.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue to manage the way that you currently do because you are making a lot of employees happy including myself. It’s nice knowing that I can come to work and know that I have the support of my management team. Thank you Lewis Management for giving me the opportunity to work for a dream company.

Aug 10, 2016 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for your comments, particularly your mention of our dedicated Training department. Lewis prides itself on providing the tools to succeed in your career with the company.

"groundskeeper"

Current Employee - Groundskeeper in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Groundskeeper in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great job, keeps you very active, mostly entirely outdoors , the team members are the best part, cannot say enough about how great it is working for them, free food, lunch ins alot, some much room for advancement if your loyal

Cons

not enough employees to make the job simple makes a huge job alot harder when under staffed

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Mar 7, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

Thank you very much for your review. Glad to hear you are enjoying your time at Lewis.

3. "Lost the one person that really cared"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've enjoyed most of my time with this company and love that the company seems to give back to the community. The pay is fair, but expectations are high, you have to bring your A game everyday. After a number of years I feel it's time to move on. They ran off the VP of property mgmt, and she was the one that really cared about those of us working so hard everyday. Thankfully they got rid of a terrible Regional... Now get rid of the rest of them.

Cons

The executives have no idea what reality is in regard to the day to day.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and get rid of the right people instead of running off the good ones.

"Leasing"

Former Employee - Leasing in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They only hire the best of the best. In Sacramento, at the Property level, you will meet some very neat people both co-workers and residents alike.

Cons

Since a position at times will remain open, even if desperately needed at a property, for half a year or more, corporate will wait until they find someone who they get only the "best" feel for. Go above and beyond your job description but being there is no outline as to what above and beyond would be, many fail to achieve this and low morale is usually the ending result as an employee of Lewis. Fear and doubt in ones abilities is what is instilled to the Property Level employee. Therefore, best be believing in a high turnover; upwards of 70%.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees just as you do for the residents at your communities.

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Mar 16, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

Thank you for your comments. Recruiting great talent can take time and we are always looking for ways to improve as a company, especially with the continued growth of the Lewis organization.

"Not the company they used to be"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This health benefits are great and they hire some great people. The company is small so getting to new everyone of the property management side makes it easy.

Cons

The company is a joke now they used to care about the people now it's all about favoritism. Things have really changed especially after the director of sales position was created. I was with the company for almost 8 years and I have never seen it this bad. Employees no longer get treated with respect and no ones cares to listen. Many surveys have gone out to the employees but no one in upper management seems to changes things. The pay is low and the expectations are high with many unnecessary tasks.

Advice to Management

Please listen to the employees

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

Thank you for your feedback and for your dedicated 8 years working with Lewis - it's very much appreciated. We take feedback like this seriously and work hard to address the things we missed in ... More

7. "Love this company!"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with this company a little over a year now and honestly love this company so much! One of the most authentic companies looking for individuals, at Lewis I have felt encouraged to be myself and shine. Lewis recognizes we perform better as humans when we are able to be ourselves. I have been inspired time and time again from their high energy sales management team. Anytime I have a visit or meeting with the sales manager I feel empowered and inspired to exceed expectations set before me. I absolutely love how he holds me accountable to my employees. I know I speak for my team as well when I say we love the unique style of management we receive. I know I can count on expectations to be upheld and supported. The atmosphere created is fun and exciting, I have been encouraged personally and developed professionally in a manner that has been engaging and enticing. I feel like I have several people supporting me if I need coaching or further training. One of my favorite things here at Lewis is they strive to employ people that have a genuine love of people, When this happens you have more courteous employees, coworkers and managers. Again the environment here at Lewis is amazing!! In addition I had easily promoted and feel confidant in my options to progress my career here. There is ample training and they are constantly adding new courses and curriculum.

Cons

I can only work 40 hours a week!

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting amazing people!

Lewis Group of Companies Response

Mar 16, 2017 – Lewis Management Corp.

Thank you very much for your review.

"Depressing at best"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good but not worth the feeling of being under a microscope

Cons

Low Morale. Outrageous expectation. Worthless policies that only make your job more difficult. Zero respect.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings. Value their feedback. The people you hire are intelligent. Allow them to prove it to you. Stop putting mind-numbing tasks before creative solutions.

9. "Great Company That Cares!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lewis Group of Companies part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management really cares and listens to its employees. A lot of great change and heading towards the right direction to beat any competitor. Great family friendly environment.

Cons

Wish they had some snacks in their vending machines other than soda.

Jan 27, 2017 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you very much for your comments.

10. "Don't work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is minimal compared to the expectations and negative feedback from the management. Don't work here if you want to be happy.

Cons

Everything from the start of your shift to the end.
    Constantly criticized
    Negative feedback after a hard days work
    They smile while stabbing you in the back
    Beware it happens often here and no one is safe.
    I have watched some of the best people get caught in this web.

Advice to Management

Get new jobs so that the company can be more successful. They lose great people due to managements critical behaviors

11. "Great Place!"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in Reno, NV

I have been working at Lewis Group of Companies (Less than a year)

Pros

Proactive care for internal and external customers.

Cons

I honestly can't think of one.

Dec 8, 2016 – Manager of Recruiting

Thank you very much for your review. Welcome to Lewis.