Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Former Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits and perks. Paralegals are treated as professionals, not minions. Top notch attorneys to learn from and interact with.

Cons

Mergers have left people feeling unsteady and there have been lay-offs. There are some pot-stirrers, but focus on work and positivity will win out.

Advice to Management

Maintain high levels of respect for staff through the mergers.

2. "Great firm, lots of growth opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great firm to work for. There have recently been some change with the executive team, but all of them have been good and I'm very optimistic about the future of this company. The benefits are great and pay is above market average. I feel recognized for my contributions and really enjoy the people I work with! I love working here!

Cons

A few recent mergers have left some cultural issues, which is to be expected. But I really think they are working hard to make improvements and bring the whole company together as one firm.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"General Services Clerk"

Former Employee - General Services Clerk/Aide in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - General Services Clerk/Aide in Denver, CO

I worked at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

RJL is one of the best law firm. Family oriented. Employee morale is high.

Cons

Until it merged with Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie. It became PROFIT ORIENTED. Family oriented is gone. Employee morale is down to the bottom.

Advice to Management

It is not all for money. Remove lazy and unprofitable ones. Keep the best employees. Revive family oriented atmosphere.

"Legal Secretary"

Pros

At this time, I can't think of any pros as I've indicated in the cons, they have taken away all our benefits including the pension plan.

Cons

LRRC has merged 3x since I've been here. Every merger has resulted in a decrease of our benefits. It was once one of the best firms to work for but now, since all the mergers, there are too many managers/directors and the focus is on the higher ups and not the staff. The marketing department is expanding for whatever reason and our raises are decreasing. They don't give us any bonuses and took some of our benefits away. Our working hours will be 40 hrs/week effective June 2017 with no increase in pay! They do nothing for the staff; the perks are for the attorneys and the DIRECTORS.

Advice to Management

Do more for the staff than for yourself. A happy employee gets the work done!

"A fair employer with a challenging culture"

I have been working at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are plenty of employee-sponsored perks and leadership cares about the employees. Pay is fair, bonuses are decent, and everyone is friendly. Turnover is low and there are good opportunities for advancement in certain roles. Great place if you value stability.

Cons

I suspect this is an issue with many law firms, but the culture is incredibly focused on revenue generation and billable time. Opinions only matter if you are an attorney and are particularly valueless if you are in a non-billable role. All significant decisions are made by attorneys who also happen to focus all of their time on billables so the decision making process is terribly slow. Change is almost non-existent and technology is universally disregarded. That being said, if you bill and can provide useful support to the attorneys you are treated very well.

"This place needs help!"

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Glendale, CA

I worked at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some great people work there. Thoughtful, kind, unappreciated, hard working, efficient and dedicated long timers.

Cons

New management has been a nightmare. Recent merger axed everybody who had a real understanding of how a law firm runs. New people in charge are inept, deceitful and uncaring. Morale is shot to hell. Nobody at the top understands how a law firm is supposed to run. No loyalty. No scruples. Lies, more lies and more lies. Such a shame. Used to be such a wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

You have ruined a great thing. We all loved it here. For what? Shame on you.

"Great people but management doesn't care"

I worked at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie full-time

Pros

Excellent attorneys and professional staff.

Cons

Run by a manging partner and few quiet individuals that don't care about their attorneys or professional staff. Don't make business decisions to benefit the majority, but instead focus solely on the aspirations or a few key partners.

Advice to Management

New leadership is desperately needed.

"Merger is a nightmare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The location is nice and there are some nice people who work here.

Cons

The merger has been one big nightmare. No one took the time to talk with each department to understand what each group does. People were put in positions of power who did not belong there or understand the inner workings of the staff. The decisions that are made make the workplace difficult to tolerate. We have staff that are being overworked because management will not discipline or offer training for those who do not or will not do their jobs. Our new insurance is a joke too! It's really expensive and hopefully we will get raises that will help out.

Advice to Management

Why bother..

9. "Fun place to work"

I worked at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie full-time

Pros

Because of its small size everyone was very close knit and there was rarely any clash between us. Constant events or lunches that let us freely chat with one another.

Cons

The pay was poor as I made more as a barista, everyone left after a recent merger which was a huge hit to office moral.

Advice to Management

Obviously and increase of pay to lower level people, but aside from that I wouldn't know what to improve.

10. "Good place to work for the most part"

Pros

Most of the staff is nice

Cons

Definite hierarchy thing happening there