Lexington Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Samatas

Pros
  • Flexibility, meeting Great People (in 4 reviews)

• Great resources at the facility level to remain competitive in the skilled nursing market (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor nursing mgmt, frequent changes in mgmt, need to hire within company more often (in 2 reviews)

• They openly 'aren't fans of having to pay overtime' but are more than happy to have you work overtime hours in varied ways due to the 24/7 nature (in 2 reviews)

1. "Per Diem Experience"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Lexington Health Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay
    Clean
    Great rehabilitation services

Cons

Staff to client ratio at times
    availability of supplies and assistance at times

2. "TRAVELING CNA"

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Lexington Health Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once I am giving a patient I get to make up my own schedule I make out all my own paperwork, I am on a one-to-one basis with my patient unless I am in a independent and or assisted living facility but still there's no need for me to work with the office concerning my patient I handle everything unless there is obviously an issue then I contact my supervisor or my case manager which would be the nurse on that particular case.

Cons

I am put down in their system is part time I work full time to be full time at Lexington you have to do 25 visits a week or more I do that and more but then there are some weeks you do less because someone might be discharged because it might be the end of the cert period, or someone got very sick and we had to send them to the hospital so it is impossible to stay at 25 visits or more every single week so that makes it very difficult for me. That is one way they make sure someone does not get insurance or vacation, and I drive everywhere for them I put 26,000 miles on my car in one year, I don't ever say no to a case because I absolutely adore what I do I love my patience I do have some repeats it just comes down to the fact that it gives me extreme joy to serve people, I guess that last part is not a con.

Advice to Management

Please please please upper management more communication, less talking about other people behind their backs, Because by the time it actually gets to you the person it was meant it has blown up to a ridiculous story. And upper management I'm not talking about our supervisors upper management respect is earned it's not demanded, you have to give it to get it.

3. "LPN"

Former Employee - LPN- Private Duty in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - LPN- Private Duty in Lombard, IL

I worked at Lexington Health Care (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is well established and for the most part the area I worked in tried to accomondate the employee. The pay is good, there was a point that my pay was lowered for almost a year, but then went back to the appropiate level.

Cons

Communication for the "headquaters" to the employee lacks.

Advice to Management

Keep things transparent. Your employees are the face of your company.

5. "Decent Place to work"

Current Employee - Volunteer Church Support- Childcare/Small Group Leader in Mundelein, IL

I have been working at Lexington Health Care (More than a year)

Pros

Good starter job as a CNA/Nurse
    management is okay
    Great people to work with

Cons

High Census.
    More residents per person

6. "Cna"

Current Employee - CNA in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - CNA in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Lexington Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They good working condition and respect you

Cons

Too much of working hard and not enough decation

"HORRIBLE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago Ridge, IL

I worked at Lexington Health Care (More than a year)

Pros

Decent hours, that's pretty much it

Cons

They treat employees horribly and do not care about the residence as much as they should, they expect you to do things you are not certified for.

Advice to Management

Get new management

8. "It's healthcare"

Current Employee - CNA in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - CNA in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Lexington Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is very organized and clean and thorough with training. Ive been there about 8 weeks and have already had more training in them few weeks then the two years prior elsewhere. Every cna is responsible for their share of people and showers. All work is split evenly and assignments are pre-assigned so no one aid is getting stuck with all the work.

Cons

Constantly being asked to work doubles and every weekend because there isn't coverage

"Ok"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Chicago Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Chicago Ridge, IL

I worked at Lexington Health Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is ok but overall it's very stressful and there is not enough help for the nurses that work there.

Cons

Atmosphere is not the best. The supervisors are not friendly and don't want to help out. There is too much work and not enough time.

Advice to Management

Be more helpful

"Terrible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at Lexington Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some nice people. There are nice people working there, unfortunatly they don't get promoted. Helping patients is very rewarding, it's good when you can make someone's day just a little better.

Cons

Terrible management team; do as I say not as I do. Your opportunities for promotion are much better if you're Hispanic, competence and people skills are not required. Management hides in their offices and come out occasionally to yell at people while avoiding patients at all costs. If they ever do get caught by a patient they quickly dump them on the first person they see. The understaffing is rediculous and CNAs are far overworked. Nurses are not happy and are regularly frustrated because they're shorthanded too. Nurses also usually don't get a lunch break (yes illegal). The patient is put last; they're in a hurry to admit the next patient, they don't care where patients go or what follow-up they may need. It's all about they money.

Advice to Management

Change everything you do. Build your business around the patient, and then make it a place where employees are encouraged and rewarded for doing the right thing. Fire people who lie, especially if they're in management. This would be a great start that would go a very long way.

11. "Great teamwork"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lake Zurich, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lake Zurich, IL

Pros

Staff works well together. Have some of the best nursing managers.

Cons

Supplies can be in short supply at times. Patient load can be heavy at times.

Advice to Management

A better training program needs to be developed. Also a hotline for employee concerns and suggestions would make a tremendous difference. In services regarding changes in policy needs to be more effective. At times things are changed and then never relayed to staff.