Lexington Law Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Heath

Pros
  • yeah the good thing about working here was that you got free credit repair services (in 10 reviews)

• Free credit "repair" and a plus one (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It advertises itself as a law firm but it is just a call center with lawyers who sit around and do nothing in their offices (in 9 reviews)

• Management, back to back calls, pay (in 3 reviews)

1. "Too much to say."

Former Employee - Paralegal in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Lexington Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, culture, and good uplifting colleagues.

Cons

Not easy to move up no matter how hard I worked. I may have received a lot of awards for working my butt off. However, when it came time for promotions, easily overlooked too often.

""Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal in North Salt Lake, UT
    Former Employee - Paralegal in North Salt Lake, UT

I worked at Lexington Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

12.75 an hour...they sometimes hand out candy,
    Fellow paralegal

Cons

The team leads, the mangement,
    Constanly being compared to others on who does better. Constanly having them tell you that your not doing good enough because you wrent able to "save" a client from canceling. Having to not tell the clients that this company sends letters that have horrible grammer and spelling out to there creditors in there name. Trying really hard not to tell them how easy it is to actually dispute negative items on there own. I did 90% on my own, I set my stuff to ignore cause it was empressing and doesn't really take the beraues to respond back

Advice to Management

Stop saying your there to support when, all you do is grade us on how many people we can save.
    Train better, I was on the phones aftee take some personal time for 7 months and had 3 people sit with me and listen and give feedback.

3. "Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Layton, UT
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Layton, UT

I worked at Lexington Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, flexable on days off, good pay

Cons

They change your manager every three months. its hard to know what is expected of you. Some floor managers were amazing and others not so much. Your never good enough. If you are good at cancel saves your call time goes up. If you go down in call time you then your cancel saves go down. You can't win.

Advice to Management

Match employees with a manager and keep them with the same manager. Just know some of the workers will be great at cancel saves. WHich will save your company. Don;t be so picky about how long we are on the phone. Unless you want to lose customers. Most the people that have low call time are horrible at customer service.

5. "Lexington is a wonderful company that cares about their employees and clients."

Current Employee - Client Loyalty Paralegal in North Salt Lake, UT
    Current Employee - Client Loyalty Paralegal in North Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at Lexington Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful room for moving up and learning/coaching opportunities. Great break rooms and wonderful management.

Cons

One of the biggest Cons is that the pay is on the lower side for customer care positions similar to this.

Advice to Management

Raise the starting pay in order to keep your employees long term.

6. "An Amazing Place to Work"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in North Salt Lake, UT
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in North Salt Lake, UT

Pros

Working for a company with a cause was very rewarding. They truly care about their employees, not only do you receive free credit repair for yourself and a plus one, but you get to work in an inviting environment where the management team treats each person as a valued team member.

Cons

More competitive pay rate for hourly employees, I knew employees who wanted to stay with Lexington, but left for a higher wage so they could better support their families and I hope that management is able to continue working to improve this aspect.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting the company mantra of Better Credit, Better LIfe. Credit repair is a very valuable service and helps improve lives and create new opportunities for Americans every day. The more they can get their front line employees to truly embrace this, the further the cause and the business will go.

"It's a call center"

Former Employee - Credit Consultant in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Credit Consultant in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Lexington Law full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management praises employees according to how well they do. Lots of little incentives that get you through the day. Friendly environment and staff get along with staff and management. Benefits are decent. You can enter for drawings for prizes. Overall good atmosphere.

Cons

I was fired for not repeating a disclaimer multiple times during a call. They go through employees rapidly and this explains why. It is a call center, not a law firm in how they treat employees. Refused to turn over awards and certificates after my termination. I find this reprehensible. They might as well tell you that your hard work was for naught. Unfortunately, the rules are so stringent, you rapidly realize that between QA and your coaches, you are micro managed to the point where it's very difficult to maintain your job, much less, succeed.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep employees, it may be best to praise the good and not expect repititious behavior during the course of one call and worry about "getting shut down" for something that you are not going to get shut down for. Your employees shouldn't be required to live in constant fear of losing their jobs. This makes employees far less effective.

"Terrible."

Former Employee - Client Loyalty Paralegal in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Lexington Law (Less than a year)

Pros

High pay for little experience
    Easy to make friends.
    Downtime either in the early mornings or late nights.

Cons

You are only able to work 4:45am - 12:45am shifts or 1pm - 9pm shifts. Which pretty much exhausts any social life.
    You are only allowed a total of 45 minutes a day away from your phone. This includes bathroom breaks, lunch breaks, or regular breaks.
    It advertises itself as a law firm but it is just a call center with lawyers who sit around and do nothing in their offices.

"sales"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Clinton, UT
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Clinton, UT

I worked at Lexington Law (More than a year)

Pros

Made money most of the time

Cons

They got too controlling, I felt like management turned into baby sitters

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Client Loyalty Paralegal in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

My co workers were great

Cons

The company itself is a sham. They are supposed to be helping you with your credit, when all they do is send out very generic form letters.

Advice to Management

Try actually helping your clients

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Client Loyalty Paralegal in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Client Loyalty Paralegal in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lexington Law (More than a year)

Pros

They treat their employees very well. Bright and welcoming environment, perks for being on time and other ways to let us know that we are an important part of the success of Lexington Law.

Cons

No real cons towards Lexington at all

Advice to Management

If it isn't broken don't fix it