Lexington Law Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
John Heath

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free credit repair for myself, and for a plus one was also nice" (in 14 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, free credit repair, catered events periodically" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "You will be taking calls back to back through your shift every day, maybe seeing idle for a few seconds every few weeks" (in 6 reviews)

• "You are not actually a paralegal and it is call center work" (in 10 reviews)

"staffing coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Lexington Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

culture
    leadership
    advancement opportunity
    Employees
    great trainers

Cons

Metrics put too much stress on paralegals.

Advice to Management

Make it about the clients again, not about cancel saves.

2. "Credit Consultant"

Current Employee - Credit Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Credit Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Lexington Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear anything if you don't have business go the people have a good culture like a great attitude!

Cons

Your money can shift around and you don't really know how much you end up getting paid it Commission

Advice to Management

Keep smiling be open about your meetings let everybody know about the changes

3. "They we're ok"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lexington Law full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No one breathes down your back

Cons

Credit is a made up scam. We have to pretend we care about it.

Advice to Management

Communication is important between your paralegals. Quit fake smiling and saying "BCBL!"

4. "Shady"

I worked at Lexington Law full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to learn how to be shady legally

Cons

You get to develop sales skills without any sales commission.

Advice to Management

Sucks! Full of favoritism, animosity, and incompetent professionals. If they gave you coaching though it’s more of a threat, that means they’ll be looking for opportunities to get rid of you. The paralegals are the ones being abused by leadership or leadership aspirants who only look at them as numbers. I get that it’s business but as part of their best practices is to be shady. Be shady enough to retain and to enroll clients with or without their consent.

here’s an example.

If a client signs up and was offered to sign up with a friend or family even without the other person on the other line. they can sign them up. Now, when the same person calls in and ask for the co-client case to be closed since the other person didn’t want it, guess what? They’ll tell you that for security purposes they cannot discuss anything about the account. To close the case please have the person call us. That’s so shady!! The only reason they use legalities is to keep their money in. This company is sooo shady and I’m impressed they are still around these days.

5. "Good company goals, meh job"

Current Employee - Paralegal in North Salt Lake, UT
    Current Employee - Paralegal in North Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at Lexington Law full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-great sick day flexibility
    -fun gimmick/games or the occasional treat or meal to break up the weeks
    -strong leadership that want to help you progress

Cons

-poor hour flexibility. They have jobs that go from 6 am - 2 pm and 2 pm-10 pm and everything in between. However, it is hard to get into a morning or mid shift, especially on a specialty team. Expect to work the night shift for a while as the company is always short staff for the last shift.
    -it's a call center. The training is a bit misleading and makes it sound like you will be on a legal team working in the background to find loopholes and solutions. In reality, it is a call center and you just call yourself a paralegal as you work under an attorney you rarely see.
    -nearly every call is from a client who is in a highly stressful situation (as they generally just realized how much work their credit needs and why they need their credit improved...like right now). There will be strong emotion with each person, be it desperation, anger, depression, hope, or the occasional gratitude. Be prepared for a rollercoaster. One sad reality is you will likely go numb to the sob stories after your own emotions have had enough. The clients that come to this firm are those that are a struggling single parent, struggling under crushing medical bills and/or student loans or are a victim of some other scenario that sent them spiraling down. Not to mention we are always hiring and always understaff; it isn't unheard of for clients to wait 40+ minutes on hold before reaching you. You will be taking calls back to back through your shift every day, maybe seeing idle for a few seconds every few weeks.
    -My biggest gripe is how we get a good portion of our clients. We aren't affiliated with any lenders, but our sister company is. The sister company pays lenders to send people to us, and they don't screen the lenders too well from what I can tell.
    The clients I talk to maybe exaggerating, but it sounds like these lenders don't understand our service or flat out lie to the client about what we do before transferring them over to us often making promises of being able to be approved after enrolling or what to expect. If a client complains, all we can do is shrug and state we can't control the original lender nor honor any of their promises.
    -Our enrollment call is a bit misleading as well in my personal opinion. Misleading isn't quite right, it does state our billing correctly, but it is more convoluted than it should be.

Advice to Management

-It's a big request, but obtain another building or location already and do a mass hiring. The client to paralegal ratio is ridiculous at the moment.
    -Screen Progrexion affiliates better
    -Just flat out tell the client the first payment is for the first week of work.

6. "Paralegal"

I worked at Lexington Law full-time

Pros

easy work, awesome co-workers, learn a lot about credit repair

Cons

policies always changed, unstable management

7. "Don't do it unless you can really handle the heat"

Former Employee - "Paralegal"
    Former Employee - "Paralegal"

I worked at Lexington Law full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training class was fun.

Cons

Everything else. I never met the lawyer I worked under, we were called "paralegals" because the state of Utah doesn't require schooling for it. So they used a loophole to make people think they could trust this company. Customers would think they were talking to an experienced paralegal, when really they were talking to one of MANY telemarketers. I did not learn NEARLY enough about the laws surrounding credit to be able to help the people that truly needed help. They would be told one thing by one employee and then something else by another because most of us were severely under educated. The growth rate was too quick to even comprehend what job you were supposed to be doing. The phone calls were normally very stressful, as many people truly needed help fixing their credit, but the service was quite expensive for most of them. So many of us could not meet our "call quota" as we would be spending so much time on the phone with any one particular client. Management also seemed like they had their hands very full, as team members needed to ask questions with almost all of their calls, because again, we weren't trained well enough to understand what we were doing. I was promoted in less than three months.. Before I even knew how to do the job I was currently working. The break room was nice, but you only got two 15 minute breaks between call after call after call. There was no time to catch your breath or wrap your head around what you were actually supposed to be doing. It was hands down, the hardest job I've ever had. And I know many of my peers felt the same way. They were ALWAYS hiring new people, and I think it's because the turnover rate was so incredibly high.

8. "Paralegal"

I have been working at Lexington Law full-time

Pros

The company is good. Good people to work with and they care about it’s employees.

Cons

Call after call and it can be pretty stressful and long. Only 2 fifteen minute break.

9. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lexington Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They host great events to deter workplace fatigue.

Cons

They have a tendacy to employ less experienced supervisors and managers.

Advice to Management

Replace management entirely.

"Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Lexington Law full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an employee friendly environment.

Cons

Senior management does not back managers. Allows employees to lie and get away with not doing their jobs.

Advice to Management

Back your managers. Stop allowing employees to lie and get away with not doing their jobs.