LexisNexis Legal & Professional Reviews | Glassdoor

LexisNexis Legal & Professional CEO Mike Walsh
Mike Walsh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Senior management are not technical" (in 70 reviews)

• "Upper management does not appear to understand the ramifications of the constant cost cutting" (in 66 reviews)

"Working at Lexis"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 17 years and love working here. I have had the opportunity to work in several departments and learn many aspects of the business. I am able to keep a good work life balance and continue to learn and grow. I have a great retirement and 401K Plan

Cons

Health Insurance costs could be lower.

2. "Telephonic Account Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere with the ability for high earnings.

Cons

Structure and territory design always a question

Advice to Management

Tier your account structure.

3. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Lexis Brand is very highly regarded. It's an easy sell into law firms who need legal research and online regulations. Worked without being micromanaged. Pay was good and was president trips

Cons

The umbrella of offerings was a bit overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Sr Dir Data & Marketing Operations"

Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Miamisburg, OH

Pros

Global career opportunities, Diversity, Always changing, Customer focused, Training Opportunities, Community focused, passion for winning

Cons

Uncertainty in organizational structure and transparency

Advice to Management

Need to build credibility at leadership level

5. "Jobs in sales"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They provided a lot of training to the sales force ranging from product knowledge to presentations skills to salesmanship training.

Cons

Sales management can micro-manage sales force resulting in bureaucracy which takes away time from customer relationship management.

"Telephonic Account Executive"

Former Employee - Telephonic Account Executive in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Telephonic Account Executive in Dayton, OH

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits with a decent amount of PTO. Friendly coworkers and selling the products is pretty easy.

Cons

1. Not a lot of support from management and no sense of direction. There are no plans to develop employees and you are rarely coached.
    2. Too much change. Each year the compensation goes down and goals go up.
    3. Turning into a job that is great for kids coming out of college, not so much for those who have had a career in sales for years.
    4. Stop adding reps, cut the dead weight, and give those who perform bigger territories.
    5. No longer gives work from home option.
    6. Base pay is terrible.

Advice to Management

Invest some time in your people and their career paths. Also, when you start messing with compensation employees will leave and find better paying sales jobs.

7. "Account Care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

LexisNexis Legal & Professional offers a great work environment, lots of opportunities for growth and development and the ability to work along side the best and brightest people in the business.

Cons

The workload can be challenging at times, but my team always pulls together to help each other and meet our objectives/targets.

8. "Sr Director"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Dayton, OH

Pros

Healthy business with solid profits and margins. This allows us to serve customers, employees and advance the Rule of Law.

Cons

The industry is challenging as the product is often seen as commoditized, so we are in a continual state of fighting to stay relevant. Our ideal is to get ahead of the commodity game and into a space where we are more differentiated and valuable to our customers.

Advice to Management

Keep an incredibly sharp focus on enabling & inspiring employees to add value to customers.

9. "Internal Test Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

LN L&P is a global company with a stated vision and strategy. Company is customer focused and results driven. Career opportunities available for employees as well as training for professional development. Diverse workforce and culture. Very good benefits package.

Cons

Agile product development process can be challenging because things move so fast; often impacts work/life balance. Because LN L&P is a global company, work hours can change due to time zone differences with business units outside the U.S.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide professional development opportunities to employees and flexibility with work hours. Keep an eye on work/personal life balance.

"Beware, sinking ship!!! Run, don’t walk away. The best days of LN are many years in the past."

Current Employee - Director in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Miamisburg, OH

Pros

Nice campus, good co-workers, high 401k match, generous PTO, good overall benefits, a lot of folks still very dedicated trying to make LN successful.

Cons

Persistent and rampant cost cutting (i.e. cost challenges every other month). Frequent downsizing (headcount reductions) and department reorganization’s. Super low moral (i.e. internal NPS in my dept -40). Pending Dayton data center closure, IT staff relocation to Raleigh, NC, negative raises (-4.5%) for all Dayton IT (regardless of performance), likely Dayton campus relocation (~2-3 years out) due to oversized existing footprint. HUGE amortization’s now hitting that simply accelerate the current cost cutting only to remain at current overall cost levels (and they want to raise the OI even higher). Letting all the talented leaders go, a lot of the remaining A-list talent is simply leaving. The rest waiting for their severance package. Witnessing a future Harvard Business Case first hand. It’s so sad and frustrating!!!

Advice to Management

RELX Board, you have no idea how MW has mismanaged LexisNexis. He needs to go immediately. STF should be next on the list to go. He rules with an iron fist, through fear and intimidation. Honesty doesn’t exist any longer, everyone simply says yes and then scrambles to come up with a half truth (like we’re migrated off Lexis.com). The current culture does not reward or respect your RELX values (i.e. honesty, transparency). If you have any doubts, remember MW’s promise that by the end of the decade we’d be #1 in EVERY Market (i.e. Small Law, Large Law, SLG, Fed Gov). How’s that working out?!?

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Response

Jun 6, 2018 – Director, Global Corporate Communication

Thanks for taking time to write your review. There are many good things happening at LN, which makes it disappointing to read some of your comments. LN is coming off one of its best years. We saw... More

Showing 627 of 1,187 reviews