LexisNexis Legal & Professional Reviews | Glassdoor

LexisNexis Legal & Professional CEO Mike Walsh
Mike Walsh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "After a recent change in upper management this place has gone downhill" (in 81 reviews)

• "I think this may be due to the leaders or senior management in place for those areas" (in 79 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Lexis Brand is very highly regarded. It's an easy sell into law firms who need legal research and online regulations. Worked without being micromanaged. Pay was good and was president trips

Cons

The umbrella of offerings was a bit overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Educational Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Educational Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive management who were always willing to help with client satisfaction, and were incredible at seeing not only the big picture targets, but also the daily tasks of the individual contributors.

Great company culture all around, and highly intelligent colleagues who understood the value of working as a team.

Cons

Aside from a substantial lay-off that affected all levels of employees, I have zero complaints about the company. It was a great place to work!

Advice to Management

My management was the absolute best! Always helpful and allowed me freedom to learn my job, very consultative and super helpful to me during and after the lay-off.

Jan 15, 2019 – Director, Global Corporate Communication

Thanks for writing such nice review. We're glad you felt supported during your time at LexisNexis. We hope we can continue to provide a similar experience to current employees. Thanks for your... More

"A outstanding place to work!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and co-workers! I love working here because we work from home all the time and interact with fellow workers electronically. I love the excellent health insurance which only has a $4,500 deductible which is pretty good these days. Some of the previous reviewers complained about the lack of pay increases or small 2% increases. Well this is pretty good these days. I found that employers near here like LexisNexis employees so much that getting a second job to make ends meet is really easy. Morale here is really high even though rumor has it that jobs will be ending here in several years after the final move to Raleigh, NC

Cons

Everything’s great here, no cons to speak of

Advice to Management

Just keep of the great work! Excellent job looking after our best interests and career

Feb 21, 2019 – Director, Global Corporate Communication

Thanks for your nice review of our benefits and work environment. We’re working hard to offer competitive programs for our employees and it’s great to hear we’re meeting your needs. We are hiring for... More

4. "Friendly, helpful coworkers and I learned a lot"

Former Employee - Client Manager in Penn, PA
    Former Employee - Client Manager in Penn, PA

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Collegial environment, shared synergy especially in large branch offices, certain amount of autonomy over your schedule, good benefits, etc.

Cons

Shifts in the marketplace--more and more clients hired cost consultants to slash online research expenditures at the expense of having the best option for end-users. New management has an unrealistic understanding of what it takes to nurture relationships with clients into repeat business.

"Alternative to practicing law"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule for some positions
    Pros often depend on the team or segment worked in

Cons

Pay is low and increases are subjective and small
    Lots of layoffs in past few years
    Not many options for growth outside of HQ location

"Oncce a great place to work. Now not so much"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of knowledgeable co-workers.
    Most managers are open to flexible hours and working from home.

Cons

After a recent change in upper management this place has gone downhill. Employees are told their pay raises are capped to 2.5%. No bonuses.
    Very few promotions while managers ask their best people to take on lead positions without offering them anything in return.
    Managers pay raises and bonuses are linked to employee reviews so employees are pressured throughout the year to give good reviews and are told their 2.5% raise is all the company can afford.
    Employee reviews involve no discussion of pay or compensation which they are told is controlled by HR.
    Upper management refuse to discuss pay and compensation at company meetings which they say is controlled by HR.
    Employees are misled to believe that HR is the sole controller of company money when it comes to pay and compensation.
     Upper management brags about saving money for the company which is directly related to their capping pay raises to 2.5%.
    Health benefits are horrible. You essentially pick from the ACA exchange.
    Company received a big tax break from recent tax law changes but didn't share any of it with employees.
     Management will ask employees to work overtime to get projects done and then after employees sacrifice to get the project out the door they're given little or no recognition.
    Developer tools are picked by management who are focused on reporting. Very little concern from management that the tool they pick actually makes the job harder.

Advice to Management

Morale is low.
    If you only care about the bonuses and pay raises of your managers then very quickly your best workers will leave. 2.5% pay raises are not industry standard. Its just organizations like LexisNexis that are doing everything they can to make 2.5% pay raises industry standards.

Feb 14, 2019 – Director, Global Corporate Communication

Thanks for taking time to write your review. There are many good things happening at LexisNexis. You’re right – the people here are great. They’re smart, enthusiastic and creative. They work hard to... More

7. "Life Work Balance"

Current Employee - Telephonic Client Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Telephonic Client Manager in Dayton, OH

Pros

Great Life Work Balance and Team Atmosphere

Cons

Complicated Business Structure and slight disorganization

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with

Cons

Upper management was a mess. I basically watched my product implode as the CEO, CFO and other individuals quit. It was depressing to watch and was a nightmare to work through.

9. "Good Entry Level Office Position"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (More than a year)

Pros

Cohesive team that delegates work when workflow is high. Managers are extremely flexible and allow a good work-life balance. The office is very nice and clean, with amenities readily available for employees. Opportunity to take free online classes during downtime is a huge plus. The chance for career development in Engineering is a viable route if you have technical skills.

Cons

Workflow can be stressful, with daily deadlines to push content through. Computer equipment is outdated and compensation is not as high as it should be. Career growth is limited to analyst-to-manager promotions during vacancies, unless you have technical skills to offer Engineering.

"Sr Quality engineer"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Decent benefits, WFH when needed

Cons

No Bonus, cost cutting, down sizing, limited career growth potential.