LexisNexis Legal & Professional Reviews | Glassdoor

1,006 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,006 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • So senior management can get rich (in 68 reviews)

• Not easy working for a company upper management would rather not have to deal with (in 62 reviews)

1. "Knowledge Mosaic had everything I loved about startups."

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Seattle, WA

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great communication between team leaders and employees
    Constantly investing in new technology
    Investing in education of its employees
    Employee outings
    Decent benefits
    401K matching
    Average or above average salaries based on industry standards

Cons

While this is yet to be seen as a Pro or Con for the people who work there, Knowledge Mosaic was acquired by Lexis Nexis in 2012. I hope the value that Knowledge Mosaic has instilled in its team remains in tact through this transition.

Advice to Management

Knowledge Mosaic was successful for several reasons but some of the most important factors revolved around the Project Manager and team leads being in excellent communication with the team at all times. This was in part a result of their Agile Management but it it was also the outcome of thoughtful hiring practices. While being good at your job is one factor that will bring your company success, KM Management was successful in the sense that they only hired people who also had the necessary personality traits required to compliment their team.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

great company and great pay, forward looking company , cares about their people

Cons

unorganized, too big sometime, , need to get more focused on each product

Advice to Management

fix the systes

"Great Place to Work--to a Point"

Former Employee - Editor in New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Editor in New Providence, NJ

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic co-workers. Most of middle management is hard-working and tries to promote interests of customers and employees.

Cons

Constantly downsizing and off-shoring in the last few years. They do away with some of their best talent for what looks like very little gain.

Advice to Management

Consider that one of the functions of business is to provide jobs to talented people who help maintain the quality of your products.

"Chaos and uncertainty"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance. Pay is OK.

Cons

Lot of uncertainty right now with move to Raleigh and Agile transformation going on. Morale is low, Lot of roles, specially in project and program management very unclear. Very few opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Try to promote from within. Keep employees engaged.

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with some of the best people I have ever met.

Cons

Those people are losing their jobs because of the move to Raleigh. Higher cost and higher turnover, for what?

Advice to Management

Be loyal to those that have been loyal to you for 20 or 30 years

"Couldn't ask for a better environment."

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LexisNexis wants to make sure that you know you are apart of a family. They help out their employees and they also care about the community.

Cons

As of right now I really not have any cons about LexisNexis. They are always improving to make it a great work place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Response

Mar 27, 2017 – Director, Corporate Communication

Thank you for your positive review of LexisNexis. We often hear that the people regard each other as family, whether it's helping out on the job, helping a friend in need or giving back to the ... More

"A very unhealthy environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

Benefits are good, truly some of the best professionals I have worked with in my career. I've learned a lot of great skills in the seven years I have worked at LexisNexis.

Cons

Eliminating positions appears to be the only way leadership seems to know how to control costs. Only showing growth because of job cuts. New and existing jobs are all going over to Manila including legal, marketing, customer service, and technical support. Moving jobs from Dayton to Raleigh, NC. Also appear to be eliminating people with the most tenure and those who are most likely to not agree with upper management. Survival mode has kicked in and people are turning on each other to save their own skins. It's become a very toxic and unhealthy environment. Salaries for new hires have been slashed. Positions that were held by senior brand marketing managers are being filled with assistant market managers who lack the skills and the experience to make higher level marketing decisions to drive the business.

Advice to Management

Stop with the job cutting. Find more creative and stable ways to reduce costs. Get a move on and close down the Lexis.com platform so the company can stop paying for two platforms. Put skilled and experienced professionals into place with competitive salaries and attract the talent you need to move the business forward.

"Changing environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, MS

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People, good producr mix

Cons

constant state of flux, outsourcing jobs overseas

"Global Operations Customer Support"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Kettering, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Kettering, OH

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people and nice environment.

Cons

Was only there for a year, as my position was off-shored to the Philippines.

Advice to Management

Do a better job to assist your employees, to find another job within the organization/company, who get laid off whether to budget, or to "off shoring" as it was called.

"Invests in Employees"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

The company offered a flexible work schedule and set you up with a home office. They also had great perks and contests which would increase earning potential. Top sales people won trips to fabulous locations. Invests in the growth of heir employees,

Cons

It seemed were working all the time as critical emails which needed to be responded to would go out over the weekend at all hours of the day or night.

Advice to Management

At times it felt like there was favoritism that went on. Also, in my particular case I got stuck with a manager who was going through in vitro, was distracted, did not pay attention to the reports I was sending regarding a particular client and then tried to throw me under the bus to get fired when her boss came down on her. No one interviewed me to get my side of the story. The only thing that saved me was that when she had to go out on complete bed rest, her boss' right hand man took over and only had rave reviews for me. My advice is to have a fair hearing and not just take a manager at their word.

Showing 1,006 of 1,040 reviews