Leyton Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
William Garvey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Meritocracy - hard work pays off and there is good progression (in 8 reviews)

• Very competitive work ethic with very fast career progression (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance could be better (in 3 reviews)

• Virtually none, if I had to be picky - KPI driven (as expected in a sales job) and slow internet (in 3 reviews)

"Best place to start a sales career"

I have been working at Leyton full-time

Pros

Transparent hierarchical structure, Meritocracy, Great Atmosphere and raise in salaries as of 2018 shows that the management is looking out for us.

They do not lie when they say career progression is achievable very quickly. Within the first 3 months, I was helping train new recruits - the company is not scared to give you responsibility, if the management thinks you are good enough.

Honestly, a great place to work if you are willing to work hard. Management recognises the graft and will reward you.

Cons

Virtually none, if I had to be picky - KPI driven (as expected in a sales job) and slow internet.

To be honest, the company is very understanding and will always give you help if you need it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - it works

2. "Innovative and exciting"

I have been working at Leyton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The teams, the company culture, the backing behind new and innovative ideas and the work/life balance. The rewards are always excellent too!

Cons

When it's busy, it means longer hours but it would be the same anywhere that doing well

Advice to Management

Keeping growing and we're all excited to see Leyton do well

"Excellent Employer"

Current Employee - Senior Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Leyton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have now worked at Leyton for about three months. It has absolutely flown by, and I have already achieved my first promotion. They do not lie about the possibilities of rapid progression and development as a professional, from day one.

The payment structure is also generous. If you work hard, and are good at what you do, you will succeed and make a large amount of money as a result - based on commission and basic salary increases.

The atmosphere is marvelous. It is by no means an easy job and at times it can be demoralizing, but the people around you make it worthwhile. It is healthy in its competitive structure; those around you encourage you to perform to the best of your ability.

Cons

Nothing specific, but it is worth noting that if you are going to do well at this job, there will be early starts and late finishes. If you aren't prepared for that, it isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding those that work hard, do well. It works.

4. "Senior Executive - Very vibrant company"

Current Employee - Senior Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Executive

I have been working at Leyton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is second to none, I genuinely believe you won't find a company as sociable and fun as Leyton. The people are wonderful, there's a collection of very young, ambitious, friendly individuals. There's a genuine opportunity to make a lot of money - the commission structure is generous and progression is quick and target based. There are so many incentives and fun days out, making you want to work harder and succeed.

Cons

The role is purely telesales so it definitely is not for everyone. It is demanding and can be stressful, however every job does have its good days and bad days.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The managers are very motivating so please keep that up!

5. "Naive and Budget company"

Former Employee - Commercial Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Commercial Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at Leyton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some genuine people there which I enjoyed working and being around

Cons

Honest review from my point of view having recently decided to jump the sinking ship that is Leyton. Based on honest facts from my experience.

I think Leyton for while got away with taking in naïve young students fresh out of uni, and previously got away with doing things in a Budget manner. For example, they got away with paying a poor basic salary of £21000 in comparison to the work load you are expected to conduct, such as source all your own leads, to a level that ensures you are able to cold call 70 fresh companies day (minimum) thus work is often conducted outside of their 8.30-5.30 hours typically early mornings late finishes. This is alongside a non-motivating and pathetic excuse for a commission structure that if you generate an astronomical amount of revenue for the company you are paid peanuts of 2% on that revenue!!

A company that boasts about career progression and growth, but in reality has a worryingly high staff turnover rate which is linked with the points made above. In my short time at the company I saw a group of junior mangers who had generated revenue of £200,000+ each in their first year for the company were asked to leave in a mass clean out.

Operate within a saturated market thus recruiters and Leyton dress the company and role up as best they can, where in fact it is glorified call centre, battering companies to source business. Leyton trys to paint this image that you are working in consultancy based role where in fact is pure cold calling. OTE’s quoted are based on unrealistic KPI’s.

I saw a person get hired on the basis that he “drinks a lot as he was part of a society at university”

I will say this there are some good people within company i made friends with but I would definitely think twice before getting misold the dream being portrayed by Leyton.

The recent departure of others who decided jump ship like myself and the knowledge that at the end of January their are a few others planning to do the same is reassuring that people are wising up to how out of touch and quite frankly arrongant Seniors at Leyton are to what others offer in the graduate market and how inferior their offerings really are in comparisons .

Advice to Management

Judging people based on wanting to drink every night after work promotes sycophancy.

Leyton Response

Jan 10, 2018 – Head of Recruitment

Thank you very much for your feedback; we’re obviously disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your time at Leyton.

Our Commercial Executive role can be a tough job but it can also be very... More

"Commercial Executive"

I worked at Leyton full-time

Pros

The nicest people and very quick promotion available that is purely target- based, no favouritism there. Company culture is second to none - everybody is young, ambitious, friendly and hang out together after work a lot. Always get an hour break at lunch which is great. There is a dog in the office too!

Cons

This position is a pure Telesales - can be very dull and definitely not for everyone!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7. "Vibrant Company to work for"

Current Employee - R&D Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - R&D Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Leyton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great autonomy, fun working environment, good commission.

Cons

Sometimes management focus too much on 'procedure'

Advice to Management

Promote more junior staff

"Perfect working environment"

Current Employee - Junior Associate - Commercial in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Junior Associate - Commercial in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Leyton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Leyton for the past 2 months or so and i can honestly say that i am loving it. Within the 2 months i have already received my first promotion - i never expected to achieve such swift recognition in my first role since graduating university. If you work hard and achieve your expected targets, Leyton are very generous in rewarding you.

Cons

There are no obvious cons. The only one i would have is the KPI structure - I believe that you don't need to make 70 calls in a day to be good at your job and i don't think the amount of calls you make reflect your performance.

Advice to Management

Focus more on a 'work smart' culture.

9. "R&D Tax Consultant"

I have been working at Leyton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and lot's of opportunities to progress in your career. They prefer to promote from within, which is a great quality to look for when starting your career.

Cons

There are no downsides to the job.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more integration between sales and consulting would aid the work environment.

"Just a very unique company to work for!"

Current Employee - R&D Tax Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - R&D Tax Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Leyton full-time

Pros

- Good balance between amazing professional experience and very lively social culture
     - Very progressive company in the sense that as long as you are showing that you care for your job and applying yourself as required, you will reap the rewards.
     - Lots of opportunities within the company across the sales team, consultancy, legal products, so there is room for a variety of skillsets.
     - Your success at the company (financial benefits, promotion) is directly proportional to the effort you put in. Complete transparency on this front.
     - In most companies, you work Monday to Friday and do your own thing on the weekends, but Leyton have managed to create this sincerely unique culture where everyone in the company is almost a different variation of the same person. As such, we are more friends than work colleagues - this is not something many companies are able to achieve.

Cons

Not a bad word to say to be honest.
    - If anything, the atmosphere can get tense when performance/morale is low, but this is expected of any forward thinking company. More of a pro to be honest.

Advice to Management

- The company is very well run and there is a lot of transparency between senior management and the entire team, so not much to add here.
    - Again, if anything, create more of a drive to encourage bonding across the sales, consultancy and legal teams.