Lia Auto Reviews in Enfield, CT | Glassdoor

Lia Auto Enfield Reviews

Enfield, CT

Bill Lia Sr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Refuse to change with the times"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Enfield, CT

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees made going to work every day fun. You could depend on co-workers to help you out and never had to worry about them stealing your customers.

Cons

The pay plan is the same as it was 20 years ago. The salary offered is pathetic, and the commission structure is a pittance.

Advice to Management

Try to remember what it was like when you were just a lowly salesperson. Stop acting like you're the most important piece to the overall puzzle. You're really not.

"General Manager at two of Lia dealerships"

Former Employee - General Manager in Enfield, CT

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The owners give their GM's some freedom to do their jobs, but dealing with the comptrollers and office managers is a different story. I really like Bill Lia Sr., even though he is moody and unpredictable. Michael Lia is a great guy and easy to talk to. Even though I was fired by Bill Sr., I still like the man. I got a call from the comptroller the week after they fired me to go back, but I really had no interest.

Cons

Very unpredictable in the sense that I saw many managers get fired over very stupid and petty things and it happened to me too. Working for them is fine but not for a long term proposition. The firings come very fast and you will not get any warnings of any kind. They expect loyalty but they don't give it.

Advice to Management

Give your upper management some sense of security specially if they are doing a good job and keep Bill SR. away from them. His moods can be very disruptive and destructive.

"Overall a very good experience."

Current Employee - Receptionist & Cashier in Enfield, CT
    Current Employee - Receptionist & Cashier in Enfield, CT

I have been working at Lia Auto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about the car business and was able to delve into the "office" portion of the car sales business that I know will be valuable when looking for another job at other dealerships. Office manager was very nice and easy going, got along with her splendidly.

Cons

Upper management was a bit uptight and "entitled". Was not always comfortable going to them for help and or questions. Intimidation is not the best way to deal with employees, in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Realize all employees, no matter what level they're at, are human beings and deserve respect.

4. "Love The Job, @nd Generation owners getting involved and was heading towards dysfunction"

Former Employee - General Manager in Enfield, CT

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Lia Family are great people, but unfortunately Corporate people were very hard to deal with. Could never understand why Lia Family tolerated this

Cons

Corporate management very jealous of sales Employees earnings

Advice to Management

Treat your people Better

5. "New hire discouraged from making a sale."

Former Employee - Salesman in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Salesman in Enfield, CT

I worked at Lia Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to learn about automobiles.

Cons

Discouraged from making a sale. Reason for two stars is because able to learn about cars.