KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 59 of over 80 reviews

4.2
Liaison Creative + Marketing President Dave Claunch
Dave Claunch
Pros
  • "They offer great benefits, 100% paid Health insurance and 401k with matching(in 7 reviews)

• "The only pro of working here that I can find is that they KIND OF give you health insurance(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I honestly don't have anything bad to say about my experience working with Liaison(in 2 reviews)

• "family insurance(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Advertising

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Agency with Great Leadership

Oct 2, 2021 - Copywriter in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're going to work in an industry where contracting is required, Liaison is the best agency to get hired by. Their team is supportive, they give great benefits and have gone out of their way time and time again to prove they're in it for the long-term with their employees.

Cons

None, I just wish we could do our team happy hours again, like the old days.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stellar people who really care!

Sep 15, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Saint Paul, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Liaison team are responsive, helpful, friendly, and are really great about getting you matched with a good team based on your skills and the needs of the organization you get placed with.

Cons

The only complaint would be that the benefits aren't top-tier, but the fact that there are any for a staffing-type agency like this (and I've worked for others) is pretty amazing.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for...

Aug 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

These people clearly care about their clients AND their employees. Definitely not your typical ad agency!

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. It's been a great experience. I highly recommend working at Liaison.

VP of HR

It is Liaison's goal to facilitate situations that benefit our employees, our clients, and Liaison. I'm thrilled to hear that was your experience. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for all you contribute to making our clients and Liaison successful!

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Best place to work!!

Feb 19, 2021 - Marketing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Liaison is an amazing company to work for. They really take care of their employees. They have great benefits as well!!

Cons

Don’t have any cons worth mentioning.

VP of HR

Thank you for this wonderful review! We do our best to take care of our team and are thrilled to hear you were positively impacted. Be well.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nothing But Good Things

Jan 23, 2020 - Writer/Editor in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team at Liaison is a group of fun, diligent, and straightforward people that do everything they can to find the right job for the right person. There's not a single opportunity they've ever sent my way that wasn't suited to my skills, interests, and needs. The company is truly heads and tails above any other recruiting or job placement organization you could ever work for. Scott and Sam are wonderful to work with, and they each take time to make sure you see opportunities that are relevant to your goals.

Cons

I know it seems suspicious, especially on Glassdoor...but I legitimately have nothing bad to say about Liaison.

VP of HR

Wow, what an amazing endorsement. Thank you for your kind words about Liaison and our Talent Strategy Team. They work extremely hard to continuously improve their methods and the candidate experience, so it is especially nice to see their efforts appreciated here. We appreciate you for being part of our team! Good luck in all you do going forward.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best of Both Worlds

Jan 15, 2020 - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Contracting through Liaison was unique because I operated as a regular, full-time employee at my job, but with this second team supporting me in the background. With Liaison, you get all the benefits contract workers usually miss out on: 401k matching, healthcare, paid time off, bonuses. These offerings aren't above and beyond what a big company can offer you, but compared to every other contractor/freelancer's position, it sure beats having nothing but an hourly wage! Everyone I interacted with – from interviewing, to payroll, to the CEO – was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. They organize fun gatherings to bring together remote staffers and even throw a great holiday party.

Cons

Time entry system is so beyond fixing.

1 person found this review helpful

VP of HR

Thank you for this note which is very encouraging. We do our best with the benefits and are constantly looking at ways to improve them and, you are right, it is hard to compete with the larger employers in the area. We remain committed to offering multiple levels of health benefits, paid time off, and 401k with matching so employees feel supported and can have some work/life balance. As for the time entry system, thank you for reminding us that this is a pain point for some employees. We have looked at the system very recently and made some back end adjustments. It is tied to so many other systems within in our business, that makes it a huge challenge to try to replace it. I can assure you that we are continuously looking at ways to improve the system. Thank you for this extra nudge! And, thank you for your feedback.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent company to contract with

Nov 6, 2019 - Senior Interactive/Visual Designer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ Great benefits. The health insurance gave me a lot of local options. They had a 401k with matching benefits that was definitely competitive. + I contracted onsite at Dell and felt like I was 100% part of that team. Being a contractor didn't make a difference in terms of the work and responsibilities I was assigned. + The Liaison community is incredible. The parties and events were a ton of fun. Since many of Liaison's employees are contracted with companies onsite, these events were the only time to come together as Liaison-ers to catchup. They made those events a ton of fun. + They take the time to understand your goals and strengths before matching you with opportunities. I always felt like they were helping me make decisions to set me up for the most success. + They care. A lot. Everyone I interacted with at Liaison was friendly and supportive. If I ever had an issue or question about benefits, job training, raises, etc., they responded promptly and professionally. I always felt like I was in good hands.

Cons

- I was a Liaison employee but contracted onsite at Dell. To track hours, I had to submit information about projects through a Liaison tool. It was pretty clunky and difficult to use. There also wasn't a singular hub for all my benefits, which made it difficult to find information quickly.

VP of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate all your contributions and are glad to hear we have been able to create a supportive culture. Our parties and get-togethers are meant to provide unity to a dispersed team, so I'm thankful to know they are doing just that. We will take a look at our time keeping system for any ways it can be improved. Thank you again and we hope you'll stay in touch with Liaison!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Experience!

Jul 15, 2019 - Art Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working with Liaison for a little over three years now and I've had a great experience. Everyone is so nice and they really go out of their way to make sure that you feel welcome and answer any questions that you may have. They even check in occasionally to make sure that you are happy in your role. Even my PM tells me how much she loves liaison and how responsive and easy they are to work with. The other big positives for me are that I get to work from home, I have a flexible schedule, and I get to work with some pretty awesome people. Can't ask for more than that!

Cons

I do wish that they had better family insurance options, but as a freelancer that is something that you get used to.

VP of HR

We spend a lot of time each year trying to negotiate for better insurance options and over the last few years it has gotten incredibly expensive. We know that this is extremely important to employees and I can promise you will we consider all options when we renew in 2020. One way we have tried to tackle this is by paying for a basic plan for employees and providing more robust plans as buy-up options. Our optional wellness program (Go365) offers some good options for getting some money back in your pocket. If you haven't explored it yet, I recommend checking it out. Thank you for the feedback and for all your contributions. We appreciate you!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company that values it's employees

Jul 15, 2019 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at a lot of different places. Liaison feels like home. I've been here over 12 years - the longest I've worked anywhere. There is strong leadership with a clear vision and straight-forward, no nonsense approach. You know exactly what you are getting. They work hard to match your skills to a job where you will be successful. And you are treated like an adult and have the autonomy to chart your own course for success. The benefits are great - 100% employer paid option, plus 401k match. I hope to be here for another dozen years

Cons

Liaison provides on-site services for a variety of different clients. So depending on which corporate office you work at...you are subject that that company's culture and expectations. So you essentially have to wear two hats. The Liaison hat is much more stylish and usually fits better.

VP of HR

Thank you. We love hats. Seriously though, I'm glad to hear you have had a good experience and we are very thankful for you sharing your expertise with us for 12 years!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Solid Team and Good Opportunities

Jul 9, 2019 - Senior Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dependable long-term leadership team. Good guidance from recruiters on how to highlight skills and experience when applying for placements on client teams. Some WFH opportunities (depending on client). Over the past 15 years, I've worked with Liaison on three different large corporate client engagements, longest being several years. Referral bonus available.

Cons

As with any agency, client work comes and goes with budgets; sometimes that means slowdowns or layoffs.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Reviews