Liaison International Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Liaison International Founder and CEO George Haddad
George Haddad

Pros
  • Perfect work/life balance, great group of co-workers, deep passion for job (in 5 reviews)

• The people that work here are amazing and the company is doing great things for the higher education application process (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There does not seem to be room for growth, but the company is changing its structure so that might change (in 3 reviews)

• If it were not for the Athena shuttles, it would take forever for commuters from Cambridge or near Back Bay (in 3 reviews)

"Great Place to Be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Liaison International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Liaison for 3 and ½ years, and all those days of traveling over an hour in and over an hour back home, of speaking with applicants and evaluators from all over the world, of late nights finishing application and operations-related projects have been filled with rewarding experiences and professional development. I have learned so much about not only the higher education and technology industries, but about my own professional skills and goals! My commute is over an hour here and back, but coming to work means strengthening relationships, and establishing pertinent managerial skills, two things I’ve always looked for in a job. I hope that this New Year continues to bring new opportunities for Liaison to become even better, as I plan to continue to grow with this company.

Cons

We could use more social outings to promote more communication and comfortability amongst the different departments!

Advice to Management

: Definitely to keep focusing on what can be done to improve the everyday lives of the employees and the clients to make Liaison a place that you want to call and send email inquiries to!

2. "A Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Liaison International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Expectations and duties are well lined out for each employee. Compensation is good and benefits are acceptable. Overall, it's a great place to work. The best part is the people that work for Liaison.

Cons

There are some quirks and exceptions when working in the Poughkeepsie office working with the EMP team; many of the perks and culture aspects do not apply in the same manner. An example of this would be that our office budget for Final Friday only allows us to do it once every other month instead of every month. The office is more restricted by small budgets as time goes on ever since George Haddad replaced Michael Behringer as CEO.

"Cyclical business leads to ups and downs"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waltham, MA

I worked at Liaison International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training is very good, because it can be done during their slow season, Summer. They try to prepare you for challenging situations ahead of time. They have fun events and emphasize a working community. Internal promotions are common for people who want the added work.

Cons

During their busy season, Winter, if you encounter a challenging situation that you weren't prepared for, it is very difficult to get answers as needed. Their response time to unseen issues is extremely slow, and sometimes things just get pushed back for months.

Advice to Management

Learn to prevent the problems that are easily preventable.

5. "Good company with a strong future"

Former Employee - Data Verifier in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Data Verifier in Watertown, MA

I worked at Liaison International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with Liaison a few years ago.

• Liaison has a very relaxed atmosphere. You're pretty much allowed to wear whatever is comfortable, employees are very laid-back, and the verification department has great managers.
    • Managers set realistic goals and pay attention to individual work during QA.
    • Although I was a temp and was not able to get access to the company's benefits, they are fairly good and some employees have stayed with the company for years.
    • Management seemed interested in maintaining office morale.
    • They manage to have a laid-back office culture while taking their business seriously.

Cons

• Not a whole lot of room for growth, at least from where I could see a few years ago.
    • High attrition rates in verification, but that's the nature of the beast.
    • Traffic in the Arsenal complex (where the office is located) is an absolute nightmare.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and keep innovating the CAS so it is both friendly to applicants and the verifiers who have to use it every day.

"View from the window"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Liaison International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Liaison is just wonderful! The campus where we are located it absolutely gorgeous. I recently upgraded to a window seat and the views of the Charles River during the winter are unmatched compared to my old spot. There are always different activities going on in the office and the energy from my coworkers is delightful. While working in Customer service is not glamorous Liaison does everything they can to make the days go by with ease, from special pay day treats to cubicle decorating contests and final Fridays there is always something to look forward to. If you work hard and keep a positive attitude you will go far here! I have created great friendships with many of my coworkers and found mentors in my managers, which is so priceless to me. There is something to learn here every single day and I love being surrounded by people who are eager to learn and grow just as much as me.

Cons

We are a small fraction of a large campus in Watertown and I do wish the other companies in this campus would include us more. We are all so open to have a great time, learn and meet new people!

Advice to Management

Keep valuing your employees and providing them with feedback they can apply to future jobs if they decide to leave Liaison. Life skills are learned at Liaison!

7. "Work Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Liaison International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is great, everyone's friendly and easy to work with! Team leads are especially helpful and give great feedback!

Cons

Application needs some updates, luckily our team is working to make some of these necessary changes in the three months I have been here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Communication is key!

"Successful, established company with 20+ years of service to higher ed that somehow still has a startup's enthusiasm!"

Current Employee - Manager, Public Relations and Content Strategy in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Liaison International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can tell as soon as you walk into the Watertown headquarters that every single person who works for Liaison is passionate about what they do.

Whether you're talking to the CEO, an account manager, a developer, a customer service representative, an accountant or someone in any of the many other positions on the Liaison team, each person is passionate about the service that the company provides to professional associations and higher education institutions; passionate about the software they've developed and continue to innovate to support these partners; and passionate about building a family-like corporate culture that celebrates achievements (from small "Payday Pick-Me-Ups" to yearly awards that recognize employees at the holiday party) and supports each other through the hiccups that all tech companies face every now and then.

Cons

I haven't experienced any yet, but in my experience so far, management's doors seem open if any issues were to come up.

Advice to Management

I'd suggest continuing the commitment to serving both internal and external stakeholders that I've seen so far in my work with Liaison. It's unique to this tech company in my experience and something that will continue to set the company apart, especially as it grows its client list and payroll.

"Top-Notch Company with Family Feel"

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Manager in Buffalo, NY

Pros

Liaison International is an outstanding place to work. It is rare you find a company that provides not only career advancement opportunities, but a great work/life balance. Additionally, Liaison is expanding their workforce, in a time where not all employers can say that. The company is big on individuals that have bright minds and aren't afraid to think outside the box. It's refreshing to know you are surrounded by individuals that are not only team-players, but people that can think on their feet. The company offers a variety of positions. Compensation for full-time management positions are based on experience. An overall great work environment.

Cons

None come to mind at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Awesome Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Liaison International (Less than a year)

Pros

People are friendly and supportive
    Highly energized group, striving to positively impact peoples lives
    I really feel like I'm "home" here
    Lots of laughs while getting work done

Cons

I Can't think of any

"Sales/Marketing"

Former Employee - Sales/Marketing in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Sales/Marketing in Watertown, MA

I worked at Liaison International full-time

Pros

The culture and benefits are fine.

Cons

Need better training procedures and business strategy for certain teams.

Advice to Management

Promote and nurture hard-working valuable employees, instead of hiring new team members left and right at a higher pay.