Liberman Broadcasting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2019

2.3
Liberman Broadcasting CEO Peter Markham
Peter Markham
Pros
  • "Great place to start your career(in 5 reviews)

• "We are surrounded by great people and consider one another to be a second family(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, not much room for growth(in 6 reviews)

• "Don’t waste your time if your looking for a career unless you like little pay, getting belittled and bootlicking(in 4 reviews)

"Learned and grew professionally - found my passion, priority and pride here!"

Current Employee - Director of Sales, TV & Radio in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Over the past 19+ years I’ve worked for Liberman Broadcasting super-serving our clients and Hispanic community. During these years, I’ve worked as a General Sales Manager and Director of Sales overseeing and managing multiple sales teams for LBI’s 13 radio and television properties in Santa Ana, Houston, Los Angeles and now Dallas. During this time, we have grown and promoted more than 16 AE’s, diverse and talented..., to Sales Managers; and have 11 female Sales Managers on board. (Probably more across other markets) With utmost sincerity I’ll say unequivocally that in each of these 19 years, I have learned and grown professionally from Lenard Liberman, CEO of the company. I’ve been challenged to reach new heights professionally, serving our clients better each year. There are many clients who will attest to this. Was I pushed to perform better each year? Yes, I’m in sales. Were the learning experiences always pleasant? No. Did I learn to manage my sales teams better? Also yes, and please feel free to ask any of them. Did I learn to work in a competitive environment and support our teams in the process? Am I inspired by my clients, co-workers, top management and our CEO? Yes and yes. Am I perfect? No. Is this the perfect world? No. Do I still love and have fun today working for Lenard Liberman? Yes. This is a real reflection of who we are, who we represent and what we all strive for. To those few who wrote rather bitter negative comments here, I’ll gently remind you that, as in life, this red shoe might not have been a fit for you. That’s ok. I wish you well on your next journey and hope you found your passion, priority and pride as I have. LBI is a great home to hundreds of others like me who’ve grown, learned and enjoyed a growing professional and financial life. If you want to know who we are at Liberman Broadcasting … Stop… Look a little deeper… Get informed…

Cons

We tend to keep a low profile. We must learn to be better at taking credit for the great accomplishments we've achieved with our clients, in the community, this industry and in growing great professionals.

Liberman Broadcasting2018-02-03

"Really bad company, Mr. Lenard Liberman is the worst person I ever met. Treats employees like trash."

Former Employee - Programming Department in Houston, TX

I worked at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I can't find one good thing :(

Cons

People working at this company created a mafia, if you don't kiss but, you won't be anything there.

Advice to Management

Sold the company to someone fresh and respectful to others

Liberman Broadcasting2019-08-13
  3. "its okay"

Former Employee - Promotions Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for more than a year

Pros

meet new people, go to different places

Cons

low pay, management does not care about employees

Liberman Broadcasting2019-07-05
  4. "Great place to get your foot in the door"

Former Employee - Account Executibe

I worked at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a lot of freedom with creativity and you learn a lot. Great place to start your career

Cons

the base pay is a little low but You have the opportunity to make as much as you want.

Liberman Broadcasting2019-06-26

"Would Not Recommend"

Current Employee - News Editor

I have been working at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of overtime opportunities for every position.

Cons

Highly unorganized and very toxic workplace.

Liberman Broadcasting2019-07-17
  6. "Nice people, Low compared to industry average"

Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Want to pay low salaries and no give no raises.

Liberman Broadcasting2019-07-01

"The Worst"

I worked at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Not much to provide regarding positives here as the focus is on the negative.

Cons

Want every employee to feel that today could be your last day.....CEO and COO don't look in the mirror and believe everyone is to blame for their ineptitude except themselves. They do not look to help the cause, just point the blame

Advice to Management

Try to help your staff become better

Liberman Broadcasting2019-06-10
  8. "It's a good place to get experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can scale up in positions.

Cons

Underwhelming salaries and disorganization.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more.

Liberman Broadcasting2019-04-04

"Enter at your own risk - Terrible"

Former Employee - Graphic Artist

I worked at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a company/corporative place: this one does not have any pros.

Cons

Very extremely low pay, way below the industry standards. There is no way your creativity or opinion matters. They basically tell you what to do. No parking for employees, cheap coffee, cheap everything, no bonus, no raise, no Christmas reunion, a/c unit works from extreme freezing temperature to downright humid with annoying noise and discomfort in the work environment. They don't care about their employees.... Sometimes it can become a very unprofessional environment to deal with.

Advice to Management

They don't take any advice from anyone, they are close-minded and very selfish.

Liberman Broadcasting2019-05-07

"Terrible"

Current Employee - Creative in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Liberman Broadcasting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very nice co workers and that’s about it

Cons

Producers are very mediocre and tend to micro manage. Supervisors have no idea on how to talk to their employees. They tend to talk down to you. Did I mention Mediocrity is rampant.? You are given no time to do your work but expected to do amazing work. The company cheaps out on everything. Your pay will most likely be terrible and below value for the rest of the industry. They will try and cut corners by hiring un... experienced staff, many times people who have never worked on TV or Radio in order to save a dollar. Don’t even think of asking for vacations because you won’t get them even when you are entitled to them by California Law. Supervisors will yell at you if you ask for vacations, often making employees cry. Overall this is the place where careers come to die. If you can even call working here as having a career.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Mediocre af

Liberman Broadcasting2019-04-14