Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "COTA/L"

Former Employee - COTA/L in Advance, NC
    Former Employee - COTA/L in Advance, NC

I worked at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Team atmosphere. Fair managers. Therapy department is in house.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company

2. "Very negative environment"

Former Employee - CNA
    Former Employee - CNA

I worked at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time

Pros

A few nice co-workers made it tolerable

Cons

Management sucks. DON always seems to have an attitude and not want to be bothered. A lot of favoritism. Instead of thinking about how well you're caring for the residents, they nit pick little stupid things like how much linen you're using. Pay not competitive at all. You are not compensated for the level of work you are loaded down with.

Advice to Management

Care more about your residents and appreciate your employees!

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time

Pros

Employees truly care about their residents. Good staff interactions. Per word of mouth, residents say best place for rehab in Johnston County.

Cons

CNA turnover seems to be high.

"lpn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

i have nothing good to say

Cons

i have nothing good to say,the leadership there is horrible,even the basic nursing skills are over looked and they do it because they can get away with it nobody gives a damn because they can pick it up when they're expecting state to come through and drop it the minute state walks out the door.

Advice to Management

need employers with knowledge of the business not just someone there for the paycheck after all this is a business about health care of individuals,so we're talking life or death,this is serious business,this is not a joke.This is a place that employs people that eats doughnuts all day,it sucks.

"RN"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Burlington, NC
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Burlington, NC

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People Care about their residenys

Cons

Work short staff a lot of the time

6. "Great company"

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time

Pros

Family owned close knit work group

Cons

Very busy company

7. "Zero Accountability"

Pros

None to speak of now.

Cons

Medicare fraud... patients on Hospice for years that should be discharged... management focuses on numbers not patients.

Advice to Management

Discharge when appropriate

8. "Occupational therapy assistant"

I have been working at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good therapy team. Liked it

Cons

No real cons to date.

"Liberty"

Former Employee - Nurse in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Nurse in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Liberty Healthcare & Rehabilitation Services full-time

Pros

Some poeple treated me right especially the cnas, dietary, co nurses and residents. Teaches you to give and not to count the cost. Teaches you about hope, that one day you'll find a rainbow after the rain. This company teaches you how to be patient and to always pray for God's mercy.

Cons

Poor upper management no compassion for good nurses, made me work every weekend for two years and did not allow me to change shifts or days.. Very difficult to request for weekend off. Did not treat me right. Staffing ratio is not safe for the residents like 30 to 45 pts to 1 RN, seriously??? Supplies usually rans out on weekends and nobody cares. During weekends, i myself will find ways how to fix a water heater or the ice maker machine or a tv remote, do admissions on top of my medpass and pt care, wound dressings, securing dr's order etc. everything was under my license. Then Monday comes and you'll receive calls from your supervisor and ask you why this and why that on wekends???? Wt_!!??! So glad im not working with this company anymore and now working with only 5-6 pts per shift and earning 2x as much as this company paid me. You need to take 4 or 5 ibuprofen every after work.

Advice to Management

Have a heart for your workers especially for those dedicated nurses and cnas. Not for the soft hearted individuals.

10. "Myrtle Beach Office"

Current Employee - Clinical Staff in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Clinical Staff in Myrtle Beach, SC

Pros

The clinical nursing supervisor is knowledgeable, hard-working, and diligent at her duties. However, she has such little help from the administration and office personnel surrounding her that she is overwhelmed and it shows in her supervisory tasks.

Cons

Without a doubt the worst organization I have ever been part of. Inter-office communication is zero. Schedules change on a daily basis, communication from the administrator is nonexistent, and guidance as far as the on boarding process is limited to say the least. There is no organization from the top down. Nurses will see patients and not report to physical or occupational therapists that they have admitted or evaluated the patient. Oh, let's not forget the fact that they don't even have occupational therapy. If you were thinking about working for this company think again. You will thank me in the long run!

Advice to Management

Put a new director of office operations in place. Have the staff in the office communicate on a daily basis instead of hiding like hermits in each one of their offices. Explain the importance of communication and hold staff accountable for lacking in this department.