Liberty IT Solutions Reviews

Updated Dec 31, 2020

4.1
  1. "Thorough Onboarding and Professional Growth Opportuntiies"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Liberty IT Solutions full-time

Pros

I recently started work at Liberty as a Salesforce BA. The onboarding process has been incredibly thorough. Every person I interacted with was warm and welcoming and willing to help when I had questions. Liberty genuinely values professional growth. They offer tons of resources and support to train for Salesforce certifications as well as other professional certs and skills. If you’re willing to put in the effort, they’re willing to invest in you being successful.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

Continue reading
  2. "Great company that invests in it's employees"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Salesforce Developer

I have been working at Liberty IT Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company with a firm foundation, highly focused in Salesforce. They are very proactive in hiring, training and developing. From reaching out to me, interviewing, and hiring, the process was seamless and all handled remotely. I felt the salary offered was very fair for the position as well as my background. There is a built in process to encourage, pay for, and reward career growth. The majority of my full time salaried hours, during the first 60 days, was spent studying for and taking certifications. This includes virtual meetings with trainers and other employees also working on certifications.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Liberty IT Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Leadership rocks !!!

Cons

Nothing for now. Sometime being remote is tough

4. "Focus on innovation and commitment to helping Veterans"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Liberty IT Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Results oriented culture; opportunities for learning and growth

Cons

None - company has successfully managed rapid growth through effective communication

5. COVID-19

"Amazing Place to Work - The Price? Your Soul"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Liberty IT Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredibly laid back work atmosphere due to primarily being a VA contractor* (see below). Remote work is generally a given for many projects (especially now with covid). Often due to ridiculous gov overhead, you have plenty of free time to learn stuff on your own. Pretty competitive pay if you ask for it. Liberty has a good number of contracts, and from what I've seen they've been fairly generous with allowing people to transfer between them (I've been on about 6 contracts in 4 years). Health insurance seems to be pretty great. I've only come across one jerk of a person since I've worked here, and worked with him for about 4 months (nice feat considering). Management varies but generally are pretty nice people. More of a market thing I'm sure, but there hasn't been much of a shortage in contracts.

Cons

Government contractor - all you get is government work. At government standards. On government time. Some other reviewer used the word 'bench-time'. That perfectly describes a good portion of your time here. Lately there's been some level of busy-work handed out to developers on my current project. It doesn't fool the entry-level devs, and certainly doesn't help morale of those guys (the ones hardest hit with bench-time). I mentioned the cost of your 'soul'. Many of the projects Liberty uptakes use really outdated stuff (it is government work after all). There are lots of moments where I have to accept that literally the last 6-12 months of employment has been washed away with a new VA requirement, or a shift in priorities. This is the pill you'll need to swallow to work here for long. *Do not get emotionally attached to your project*, no matter how many horns it has that day. Getting and working on a GFE (government furnished equipment/laptop) is a likely situation, and if come in expecting a reasonable working machine, you'll be miserable. This has been a very relaxed, good-paying, and stable job for me - at the cost of motivation to reach higher standards. Trying to do something as simple as push for the use of git version control has left me pretty dead inside when I hear 'no, the VA uses, no, PAYS FOR, IBM Rational'. Very little of this is Liberty's fault as an employer. Would you rate a garbage collection service badly if the garbage was particularly stinky that year?

Continue reading

"Just a billable resource"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Liberty IT Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company pays on time

Cons

You are just a billable commodity in this company. Company farmed me out to prime contractor. I never spoke to my manager despite repeated attempts. Liberty IT represents every that is bad about government contracting.

June 30, 2020SVP, HR & Administration

We are sorry you felt this way. We work hard to build our own company culture and encourage participation and communication with every employee, from holding Townhall meetings to regular email news items, manager 1:1s and quarterly performance reviews, and maintain an open door policy for you to bring concerns to senior managers. It is admittedly a bit harder when someone works consistently on a client site and takes daily direction from a client manager, but we encourage every employee to also communicate with the company and help direct their careers.

7. "I was a consultant"

4.0
    Former Employee - Salesforce Consultant in Herndon, VA

I worked at Liberty IT Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company and good place to work

Cons

Not much of skill set available at this time and not many projects

June 30, 2020SVP, HR & Administration

Thanks for your support as a Consultant. Keep checking back, as we continue to win work and may have additional work that match your skills at a future time.

"Great Small company to work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Liberty IT Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Liberty is winning a lot of work with the government contracts. Ability to work remote Has a great leadership / executive team The employees are great and supportive of each other's success and that speaks to the leaderships example.

Cons

Still growing as a company, so some of the systems that larger companies would have are not yet in place (Travel system for business travel and other corporate perks), but they will get there.

June 30, 2020SVP, HR & Administration

Thanks for your thoughts. We are glad you were a part of helping us to win additional work, and recognized the effort of our entire team. As with all good financial stewards, we balance growth with overhead costs and try to contribute to various charities and do things that give back to employees. For example, we recently donated to Disabled American Veterans for assisting Veterans impacted by COVID and gave every employee a restaurant giftcard to acknowledge our appreciation of them during this challenging time while also getting additional support out into our local communities for restaurants suffering. We are always open to additional suggestions.

"Not Recommended, 11 months on the bench"

1.0
    Former Employee - Salesforce Developer in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Liberty IT Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paid bench time, fun atmosphere.

Cons

11 months on the bench without a billable project, yet new hires were getting assigned to billable projects. Terminated after submitting 2-week notice. Cancelled my insurance on the same day, but charged me for insurance on my last pay check. Unable to get my blood pressure meds. Not cool!

February 3, 2020SVP, HR & Administration

We're sorry you were unhappy with the way things turned out. Certainly we would prefer to keep people on meaningful, billable work where possible but we also invest in building new capabilities, such as Salesforce of which you were a part. During the time you were here we invested heavily in training you and yours Salesforce team members to build those skills in the company as well as pursue new business opportunities. Our insurance is setup to cancel at midnight on your last date employed (this is part of the legal agreement with the insurance company). As is standard, you should have been sent information regarding enrolling in Cobra to provide insurance and prescription coverage after your employment picking up the day after your last date employed. If you're still having issues, you may contact our employee help desk to resolve the issue.

"Nice but could be better."

Current Employee - Test Engineer

I have been working at Liberty IT Solutions full-time

Pros

Laidback work culture. Agile methodologies performed successfully as long as everyone on the team is on the same page.

Cons

No talk of growth outside of the once a year performance review. No competitive raises for being more precise at your job than team mates.

February 3, 2020SVP, HR & Administration

We are always seeking to improve, but obviously different managers handle things differently. You can also reach out to HR to discuss career development paths. Additionally, we'd love to hear your (and other employees') recommendations through our Process Improvement recommendation list which is reviewed and worked regularly. We often take these recommendations and engage staff on larger efforts to streamline or enhance the process and assets for the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 English Reviews