Liberty Mutual Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Case Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

I worked at Liberty Mutual Agency full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice building to work in.

Cons

Glass Ceiling. Too many people move internally too fast. IT is constantly restructuring.

Advice to Management

The job grades have a max. If you are a high performer you reach the maximum earnings. If you change jobs and go down in job grades your money is taken away.

2. "I can't believe they are still in business"

I worked at Liberty Mutual Agency full-time

Pros

Great pay - definitely overpay their employees
    Good benefits
    Nice office

Cons

Management has no clue. They were/are constantly fixing problems and reworking teams because they don't do any upfront research. Management hears a new buzzword and races to disassemble and reassemble teams to focus on new buzzword and fails every time. I've never so many reorgs in my life.

Employees are overworked and constantly stressed, no wonder they pay so well.

Advice to Management

Focus on insurance, focus on selling the best (cheapest) product. And get some damn new commercials with better actors!!! How can you employee 100s of people in your marketing department and have not had a new commercial in about 3 years.

"Telephony Phone Engineer"

Current Employee - Telephony Phone Engineer in Rochester, NH
    Current Employee - Telephony Phone Engineer in Rochester, NH

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Agency full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people and honest business.

Cons

No issues that I can thing of.

Advice to Management

Keep it real and fun

"Beware"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Norman, OK
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Norman, OK

I worked at Liberty Mutual Agency (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and starting pay.

Cons

Lackluster management, poor structure, and a bullying environment. They love to threaten you with a a write up or termination but never really give you the guidelines on what that process is. Also, the people who lie, cheat , and steal are the ones that are protected and will make it at LM. That is until it has reached a point to where upper management is starting to get looked at and then all of a sudden they take the moral high road and start canning people before an investigation can be started on them.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees and treat them like children. Micro managing is not a good quality. Learn how to treat people.

"There's much better out there..."

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and 19 days off to start are the best thing they have going. After that, this place is pretty terrible.

Cons

There are very few happy people, because of how people are treated, so culture is quite negative...Work load is out of control. I've had my 2nd annual review and my total raise is about 3% more than I was making after I first started 2 years prior...and it's not because of my reviews, because I've been a good employee. In other words, if you account for inflation, I'm making less now than when I started.
    Unless you live in Boston, you are more or less in a dead-end job. I've seen one job opening that was in relation to my field in 2 years. I wasn't eligible, because I hadn't been there for a year yet. There are 3 required meetings weekly were we all stare at each other on skype and listen to a manager say the same things they said 2 days prior. We do skip-level meetings with our managers manager every 3 months that are a total joke. The guy I talk to literally never stops talking. He just talks about the company and may mention the team I'm on. There is nothing personal about it, so it's basically a 1/2 hour of all out boredom.

Advice to Management

I'd offer a ton of advice, if I thought they'd listen.

"Hold out for a Company that will value you as an employee and a person. Liberty Mutual is not it!"

Former Employee - Team Manager in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Liberty Mutual Agency full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None - Would not recommend this employer to my worst enemy. Pay and benefits may be a draw but don't fall for it. You'll need to put in so many hours to meet the check the box expectations that you'll end up owing the company money by the time it's all said and done. You may accrue a good amount of leave but will never feel like you can take time off due to demands of the job. Absolutely not worth it. There is absolutely no value put on work life balance although they will (dishonestly) tell you otherwise.

Cons

Once full integration into Liberty Mutual way of doing things, employees became just a number and were treated as such. Extremely poor middle and senior management. Extreme micro management, failure to listen and absolutely no support for management at the branch. Superior attitude of management outside the State of branch location. Executive level management not held accountable for offensive comments or personal insults to employees. Sr manager with no backbone, no support for those at branch involved in day to day operations. No effort to understand branch level concerns, disinterest, lazy, just collecting a paycheck. Employees not valued and treated as disposable. The sad part . . . This experience was not unique to the location.

Advice to Management

Waste of time. I've spoken to 30+ people who've worked in Liberty offices all across the US and all have had the same experience and unfortunately with some of same managers, executives and corporate staff. None can stomach the Liberty commercials because they are of such blatant contrast to what the company actually stands for. I very much regret the 10 years spent working in one of Liberty's unhealthy work environments and am hopeful that this review will save anyone from considering employment with this company from needlessly investing time and energy into a company that views its employees as disposable. Thankfully, there are much better employers out there. Employers who actually have moral values that they operate by and insist that those values are shared by their employees, especially those in leadership roles.

7. "Company review"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I worked at Liberty Mutual Agency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company and good benefits

Cons

Micromanaged, low salary, heavy work load, poor working conditions (building had issues with heat in the winter)

Advice to Management

Trust that your employees can do the job they were trained to do,

8. "Great company"

Pros

Great training and support for all employees

Cons

None at this time. Supportive culture

Advice to Management

None at this time. Theater are doing a great job

9. "Salary"

Pros

Good work ethics and people

Cons

Nothing much to say here

10. "Subrogation Specialist"

Pros

Good commercials. Responsibility what's your policy.

Cons

Poor middle management, no help at all when you ask for better ways of doing the work to meet the goals.

Advice to Management

Hire competent people