Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance President & CEO David H. Long
David H. Long

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Death marches for projects are common and work life balance can be tricky (in 239 reviews)

• No work/life balance, in the 18 months I worked there was unable to get a day off (in 51 reviews)

1. "Employment review"

Current Employee - Premium Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Premium Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture is forward thinking, excellent pay and benefits, extensive number of opportunities, encourages development

Cons

It operates like any large corporation having its issues and with the older average age of insurance employees, there is a lot of pushback with necessary change.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path Liberty is currently on with focusing on front line directed change and customer focused initiatives. Continue to work hard to recognize hard working employees.

"Claims manager"

Former Employee - Claims Manager in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Claims Manager in Cumming, GA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and strong financial position. Good focus on community and charity work. They offer many career opportunities for employees who are willing to move around

Cons

Company over values education and undervalues experience for senior level positions. This sometimes results in poor decisions and frequent leadership changes

Sep 6, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thank you for your feedback here! We're happy you were satisfied with your experience at Liberty Mutual, and we appreciate your feedback regarding leadership.

3. "Liberty Mutual cares about their employees!"

Former Intern - Engineering Senior in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Engineering Senior in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

If you put in the work, you will be rewarded! Liberty Mutual is a great company, they really care about their employees!

Cons

There were no cons for the job or within the company. Interns are not offered benefits because it's similar to contractual work you are only with them for 3 months, so it doesn't make sense to have benefits.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits including high compensation, flexible work schedules, and ample time off.

Cons

Constant reorganizations with management changes.

"Sales and Service"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and benefits, great place to start a career...but not to stay, unless you are willing to cheat the system...regional management will love and promote you.

Cons

Liberty Mutual was built on being a personal agent, now they are only focused on a "turn and burn" strategy. Customers can long forget the access to an agent they once knew, Agents are taught and paid to focus only on new business and ignore customer service requests unless it will lead to a sale. The customer service agents are also slammed with phone call after phone call about the huge price increases that come every year. They don't understand the "broad" statements advertised on the commercial vs the fine print...as with all companies. There is no difference now between a Gieco or a Liberty Mutual.. Clients want lower costs especially when most popular companies provide the same claims services and benefits.

Advice to Management

Stop denying what your agents have told management over the years about what the client wants. Management (especially Regional/ area) will outright lie to your face about future plans within the company and smile while doing it. This company has completely changed over the years. In addition, cheating the system actually gets rewarded year in and year out without penalty, except if you dont cheat, you will be asked why your numbers dont match the "offender," even when management knows but denies the offense is going on.

May 17, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. While we work hard to provide employees with the best work environment, we are always looking for opportunities to improve. In particular... More

6. "Senior Personal Lines Underwriter"

Former Employee - Senior Underwriter in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Underwriter in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great location, great benefits, great place to work.

Cons

Everything was starting to be automated.

Advice to Management

Nothing is better than a human being.

May 10, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thanks for taking a few minutes to post a review. We’re glad to know your time at Liberty Mutual was positive!

"Insurance Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Training program very detailed.

Cons

Needs to sell more than one product. Cant compete with the market.
    Very college base office environment.

Advice to Management

Don't allow people to take other other peoples leads.

Mar 27, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thanks for sharing your experience. We do our best to foster an open work environment where employees feel empowered. We're sorry to hear of your experience. We will pass your feedback along... More

"Claims Specialist II"

Current Employee - Commercial Claims Specialist II in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Commercial Claims Specialist II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent Health Insurance and time off with somewhat flexible schedules, once you are employed for a while. Good training.

Cons

Limited growth opportunity as upper management tends to go with who they like on a personal level, rather than those who have the experience and are more adequately qualified for promotional positions. They will allow you to apply and interview for a position that they already know is going to be filled by a previously chosen employee. The salaries could be slightly better.

Advice to Management

Limit office politics and allow qualified employees to move up.

Jan 30, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

We're glad you had an overall positive experience, but we're sorry to read your concerns about growth. If you feel you've observed unfair behavior, you may want to call our Compliance Helpline for... More

"Bodily injury adjuster"

Former Employee - Bodily Injury Claims Resolution Specialist II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Bodily Injury Claims Resolution Specialist II in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Minimal supervision. Off on weekends. Encourage and pay for education. Better pay than average.

Cons

The company is not diverse as they claim.

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring a diverse group of people.

"Area Manager - Personal Distribution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary, benefits, opportunities for advancement, Appreciated as an employee and a person, Organization has uncompromising ethics and high standards. The customer is always first

Cons

very large company, but doesn't feel like it. Need to hold underperformers more accountable -- This improved over the years, but too much tolerance is allowed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fine communication. Keep the customer first. Keep recognizing and rewarding talent. Be quicker to cut ties with those who do not perform.

Showing 55 of 3,484 reviews