Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Adjuster Reviews | Glassdoor

David H. Long

"Claim department"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very well-managed department that promotes from within and rewards dedicated employees.

Cons

Our new low-walled cubicles have a lack of privacy.

Advice to Management

Bring our old cubicles back

Liberty Mutual Insurance2019-09-07
  2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Inside Property Claims Adjuster in New York, NY

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible. Work from home. The company really cares

Cons

Stressful job no real sense of completion work never ends

Liberty Mutual Insurance2020-01-01

"Pros and cons"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home 2 to 3 days. M-F week. Hourly. Flex schedule.

Cons

Heavy workload, metrics that are harder and harder to meet, not the warmest atmosphere, managers are not super approachable.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on your warmth and how you even out your good and bad news.

Liberty Mutual Insurance2020-01-09

"It was only a matter of time - Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only real perks aside then getting the Fortune 50 company on your resume, would be work from home, the 401k matching and the training. Some of the people are decent when you actually get the chance to see them; but you rarely even associate with anyone even on on your own team let alone others.

Cons

Company needs to focus more on their employees, proper hiring and the workload. It’s a huge company so take that as it is, you’re basically a number and metric. The workload has become absolutely unbearable since Liberty adjusters started handling Safeco customer claims and vice verse. Of course they say it’s supposed to level the workload but try quadrupling it. Oh, and ya absolutely no overtime, so good luck. The ONE team approach each team manager boasts is a crock and pray they like you. If not, that favoritism card will be pulled faster than you can imagine and the team manager controls workloads (even though they claim it’s level). There is a reason more people are quitting faster they can hire. Also, don’t voice a concern or you paint a huge target on your back and good luck with trying to promote (That’s also you’re team managers choice). Been with 4 TMs within 4 years and only 2 were solid and yet no longer with the company....hmm

Advice to Management

Value your team members as they will leave you or give you terrible surveys which we all know, is even worse. Team managers and this company live and die for surveys so keep that in member fellow pawns. Maybe hire more talent so customers can get proper service. Also, so the employees aren’t pulling their hair out with immeasurable amounts of work.

Liberty Mutual Insurance2020-01-07

"People leave as adjusters as fast as they are hired and trained"

Current Employee - Auto Claims Adjuster in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Experience as a claims adjuster so you can move on elsewhere.

Cons

No work life balance, no looking inward for solutions. Claims adjusting at Liberty is a burn out role. Churn and burn the employee.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the myth known as multi tasking, Any study shows 40% reduction in productivity and a significant increase in errors.. We are on 5 instant response tools while attempting to make serious liability decisions; requiring concentration. How do we do It? Many work from home off the clock, others burn out, then leave. After 4 years I work with one person with whom I was originally hired. Circle of Excellence winner just left, ask yourself why? Love the work, hate the unrealistic expectations. They have a NPS survey they send out to the adjusters; the managers openly let you know they take the beating if the company gets a negative score so no one answers honestly.

Liberty Mutual Insurance2020-01-05
  6. "Worker’s Compensation Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Good pay, plenty vacation time, and many networking opportunities

Cons

Work life balance is a struggle, high case loads

Liberty Mutual Insurance2019-11-21
  7. "Challenging work environment"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Pay -Opportunities -Challenging work environment

Cons

-High Volume/Workload -If you are not involved or fall behind, you will struggle.

Liberty Mutual Insurance2019-11-06
  8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

• Caring Management - Always respected work/life balance and provided any training/assistance/accommodations they could to help you succeed. • Competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

• New centralized operations facility required closure of some eastern regional offices, resulting in layoffs. There was ample warning and time provided, while relocation and lateral move opportunities were offered for those who were affected by closures.

Liberty Mutual Insurance2019-10-20
  9. "Claims"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home flexibility and solid compensation

Cons

Very busy. More work than most can handle

Liberty Mutual Insurance2019-09-20
  10. "Good pay, long hours"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, salary, and people.

Cons

Long work hours and managers only seemed to care about how to advance themselves.

Liberty Mutual Insurance2019-08-28