Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Liberty Mutual Insurance President & CEO David H. Long
David H. Long

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance concerns for those who do not perfect their time management skills (in 239 reviews)

• No work/life balance, in the 18 months I worked there was unable to get a day off (in 51 reviews)

"Experienced Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Experienced Sales Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Experienced Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent starting base pay. Good training. They Pay for your P and C License. You get reimbursed for approved marketing expenses.

Cons

Base pay decreases every month down to less than 20k by end of 2nd year as company feels your commission amount by this time should make up for or exceed difference. Not a bad company but know it's like any other sales position with expectations to hit numbers every month. It will take a lot of networking, booths at events, referrals, follow ups, energy, evenings,weekends,and time.

Advice to Management

Give examples of what types of activities and time is required to be successful in the job ads.

"I keep trying to leave but I can’t find a better company!"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Irving, TX

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’m a claims specialist. This is a tough job! I feel the company provides enough training to help me perform my job efficiently. I love traveling at least once or twice a year for training, seminar, or to meet a client. If you work hard, you are guaranteed a promotion. You get a lot of vacation/sick time. I love that I am not micromanaged. As long as you do your job, they won’t hassle you for minor things. I loved ALL my managers except one. I really feel that I can discuss any concerns with upper management. If you are an experienced adjuster, you can work from home a few days a week. I love it! They pay for the equipment! Salary is awesome! The company pays for your designation and degree if you have worked there longer than a year. We are moving to a beautiful building in Plano next year. I LOVE THE COMPANY!

Cons

I’m still fairly young so I still have “ the grass is greener on the other side” mindset. I have interviewed with several insurance companies but they couldn’t provide me the same perks as Liberty Mutual. Is it a perfect company? No! The system is outdated. Your case load can get high which can cause A LOT of stress. You will be miserable especially if you are on a bad team or dislike your manager. You will never leave feeling like you completed your work. You get a lot of FTO but you don’t really want to take it. If you do, you need prepare to work longer hour to catch up. Your team members will be too busy to do your work. It is just the way it is. I still love the company.

Advice to Management

Some managers need to focus on being an effective leader instead of trying to be "best friends" with certain employees.

Let experienced adjuster work home full-time. I dislike the 50% rule. Some people work better in an office. Some people work better at home. Give us a choice as long as we prove that we are still productive.

Dec 7, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thank you for your feedback here! We're happy you've been satisfied with your experience at Liberty Mutual, and we look forward to continuing to invest in you!

3. "Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plano, TX

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and nice pay

Cons

None at all, good company

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Dec 7, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear your time at Liberty Mutual was positive overall.

"HR will examine and test you constantly. Detatched management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have paying jobs period.

Cons

In my opinion: The top brass and management of this company are stuck on testing, testing, testing as a way to know whats going on in the ranks. Don't expect a manager to sit down for an old school chat. They are nothing more than a bunch of psychiatrist running a very big and disjointed company. Very typical of a company who's management style is cold and to the point. If you don't check this box or fit in that hole, don't expect much but a bunch of serious wasted time getting to that point. They will cut you in a heart beat knowing there's five more suckers just like you teed up and ready to take a swing at it. It's a meat grinder mentality typical of the North East management styles.

Advice to Management

In my opinion: Get rid of the lengthy and constant profile testing some software company sold you on. Just cause everyone is doing it, doesn't make it work. Hire down to earth managers with sales and customer driven backgrounds who give a crap and nurture teams. Stop being so cold and actually call people instead hiding behind emails and online portals. Admittedly it's tough to run a big company, especially when everyone is half way out the door. That's indicative of having no soul... Goes in lockstep with how financial analyst' and accounting types operate! Personally I feel you guys are operating in a vacuum!!

"Claims Adjustor"

Former Employee - Claims in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Claims in Irving, TX

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They truly invest in employee appreciation.

Cons

They do not easily promote from within

"Senior Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, at all. Wait - just a job.

Cons

Do not work here.

Advice to Management

Corporate management, will be just that.

7. "Fantastic Experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Richardson, TX
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Richardson, TX

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an intern

Pros

Very professional, inclusive company that I would recommend to others

Cons

None that I can think of; they really take care of you as an employee

"Insurance Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Advisor in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Advisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MONEY. I have been in this position for 10 months and have already made $80,000. If you have a college degree you will be noticed as well.

Cons

This role is perfect if you desire ZERO work life balance. You are required to work every single weekend and until 9 PM your first year on the floor. ALSO, all of your phone calls are recorded and you have a metric to adhere to called “Time off phone”. If you are not in available on the phone with a customer for more than 30 minutes a day you WILL get in trouble. THIS IS A RUN OF THE MILL WHIP CRACKING CALL CENTER. RUN!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Make work more enjoyable. Everyone in my role is MISERABLE at work.

"Inside Auto Claims Rep/Adjuster"

Current Employee - Auto Claims Adjuster in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Auto Claims Adjuster in Irving, TX

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company as a whole is great

Cons

The management in Irving, TX APD department is horrible. They will fire you and pick on you for anything.

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism, act like you care, treat your adjusters with respect!!

10. "Good Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Claims Team Manager in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Team Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and working environment; flexible work schedule

Cons

no cons, great place to work.

Sep 6, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thanks for taking a few minutes to post a review. We’re glad to know your time at Liberty Mutual has been positive!

Showing 144 of 3,466 reviews