Liberty Mutual Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

3,060 reviews

Full-timePart-time

3,060 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They are concerned about work/life balance (in 309 reviews)

• It's an overall great company with tons of great benefits (in 256 reviews)

Cons
  • Biggest growth opportunity would be the work life balance associated with positions in the Direct Response Center (in 232 reviews)

• No work/life balance, in the 18 months I worked there was unable to get a day off (in 51 reviews)

1. "Senior Solutions Security Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Security Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Security Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Cutting edge technologies. Great owner. Growing company.

Cons

Only a few limited ccontracts

Advice to Management

Bid larger Federal contracts Get better benefits.

Sep 28, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thank you for your feedback here! We're happy you've been satisfied with your experience at Liberty Mutual, and we look forward to continuing to invest in you!

2. "Manager Operations"

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, work life balance

Cons

Going through reorganization which is taking senior leadership a while to finalize.

3. "Human Resources Business Partner"

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Community Service involvement is excellent

Cons

Career advancement opportunities limited in current field

Sep 28, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thanks for taking a few minutes to post a review. We’re glad to know your time at Liberty Mutual has been positive!

4. "Sr. Customer Service Representativr"

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Company promotes from within. Awesome promotion possibilities. Great compensation. Great people to work with. Supervisors strive to mentor reps attain positions reps desire.

Cons

Its a call center. Dealing with angry customers. Trying to attain and surpass company metrics.

Sep 28, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

"Bodily Injury Claims Specialist III"

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Decent salary
    Pension/retirement
    Work from home options

Cons

Unreasonable expectations in terms of daily tasks
    Lack of work/life balance - frequent unpaid overtime

Advice to Management

Listen to and take action on employee feedback.

Oct 5, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thanks for sharing your experience. We do our best to foster an open work environment where employees feel empowered. We're sorry to hear of your experience. We will pass your feedback along... More

"Used to be Great - Never Ending Reorganization is Killing Morale and Motivation"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart people, challenging work, flexible work schedules, work at home, great co-workers, some opportunity for movement amongst departments, some managers are great.

Cons

The current environment of never-ending reorganization has been affecting many for over a year resulting in low morale, minimal productivity, and lack of confidence in the company. No one knows who is responsible for anything so either too many people are involved OR not the right people. Employees are in constant fear that they are going to be laid off.

Advice to Management

Make a final decision on the organization and get it DONE. Leave it in place long enough to give it a chance to work. Stop assuming that there is always a better/perfect organization which will make the company better. It is constant, too frequent change which is causing efficiency issues.

"Atl. Legal Off."

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Great variety of cases. Working remotely. Great computer system.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations of attys. Caseload too high. Too many admin tasks and reporting . Salaries of experienced attys. is below market

Advice to Management

Reduce caseloads and non-legal , admin. tasks required.

Oct 5, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

We appreciate you spending some time writing down your thoughts. We work hard to provide an open, positive work environment that employees can be proud of. We always welcome opportunities for... More

"Licensed Auto Rep"

Current Employee - Licensed Associate Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, everyone is very motivating. Benefits are wonderful, paid time off is plentiful. We're constantly doing fun things around the site to boost morale.

Cons

Working in a call center just sucks. The metrics are easily attainable but it is very boring. Remember that time off I mentioned? Yeah you'll burn all your paid hours available by putting in requests to leave early.

Sep 20, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

We value our employees and strive to provide appropriate work/life balance. If you ever feel like your time is not being distributed optimally, please consult your manager for assistance. Your... More

"Great programs, learning, caring. No reward of loyal talented employees. Reorgs too much. Older folks no mobility."

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great education, vacation, mentoring, caring people. Investment in New technology, agile methodology, the cloud and innovation. Programs on giving, casual dress, diversity, trying to address morale issues. Doing many great things!

Cons

Constant reorgs which are needed to make the company more competitive. But drawn out too long inhibiting ability to keep teams delivering and motivated. They say career assistance is available but with all the job cuts and hiring young folks from outside, those who have loyally learned and supported change do not have a chance for the new jobs. Morale is low as they cut people through major IT transformation. It looks like jobs are available If you look at the career site but everyone is applying to keep their job. Not net new jobs.

Many of those being cut are managers who grew up at the company, did what was needed for many years and they are being cut just prior to retirement and with kids in college. We can still deliver. Where is the loyalty?

Advice to Management

Please realize some of the older folks who led the company have the ability and experience to lead through this change. We learned many lessons we can and do teach to less experienced folks. We have the ability and desire to see us achieve our market goals!

10. "Goo place"

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Money potential. License all over the country.

Cons

No control over hours. Call center environment.

Oct 12, 2017 – Talent and Enterprise Services

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy you were satisfied with your experience at Liberty Mutual.

Showing 3,060 of 3,300 reviews