Liberty National Life Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Liberty National Life President and CEO Roger C. Smith
Roger C. Smith

Pros
Cons
  • If you don't work hard you won't make any money (in 17 reviews)

• Hard work but perseverance pays off (in 19 reviews)

"This a Career not a Job"

Current Employee - Agency Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Agency Director in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time

Pros

The people and culture is great. Also an endless opportunity for growth where can you find that?

Cons

There is nothing to hate

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job

2. "Moving forward to a brighter future"

Current Employee - Agency Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Agency Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like that I have flexibility in my schedule. I love the fact that Liberty National is building leaders and doesn't hold you back when you are trying to reach your goals.

Cons

While there is always some cons when having a commission based career the fault does not fall completely on the company it usually a break down in the system.

Advice to Management

The management team has been amazing. Building to grow and develop future leaders. I appreciate that they are always looking for ways to improve on the processes they have in place.

3. "Always moving forward"

Current Employee - Agency Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Agency Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Definitely an opportunity of a lifetime. I've seen promotion and development within less than 2 years.

Cons

Hard work but perseverance pays off.

5. "Best company to work"

Current Employee - Agency Director in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Agency Director in Addison, TX

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personal growth
    Residual income

Cons

Nothing in cons at all

6. "Best decision I have ever made"

Current Employee - Agency Director in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Agency Director in Hurst, TX

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to help families protect the ones they care about most. This has been the best company I have ever worked with. Truly Blessed to be a part of the Liberty National family.

Cons

I don't have any cons with working or dealing with Liberty National. Best decision I have ever made. Blessed to be a part of something so big

"Great opportunity!!!"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at Liberty National Life full-time

Pros

Ability to move far beyond your dreams. People who I work with are very motivating. Great team.

Cons

One of the good and bad of working at Liberty National is commission only. Work hard and its good, but you must be motivated to grow independently.

8. "Poor management, not transparent at all about the job responsibilities and benefits."

Former Employee - Supervising Agent in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Supervising Agent in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Liberty National Life (Less than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commission, you can make your own schedule. Sounds like they had good benefits including medical, 401k, etc. You work when you want to work.

Cons

A big con is that it's only commission based. So what you earn depends on how much work you want to put in. Could be a good thing or bad thing.

Advice to Management

Be transparent.

"This company misrepresents the opportunity"

Former Employee - Supervising Agent in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Supervising Agent in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Liberty National Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many I can think of

Cons

I worked for this company for 2 years, and feel it was the biggest waste of my time. They misrepresent the opportunity before you, say you are the owner of your own agency het micro-manage your time. They'll screw you over on your commissions, all in favor of the favorite people. Run, run, run away

Advice to Management

Protect your hard working employees do what you say you'll do, cut down on the hype.

"Run and don't look back...Unless you have very thick skin and $ saved up to use while waiting to make $."

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Memphis, TN

I worked at Liberty National Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible schedule (for the most part).
    - Can make money (eventually).
    - No experience necessary.
    - If you don't have to have a steady pay check then it's a good opportunity, just don't work for the Memphis-Lynnfield location because you will be stressed out, in debt or would have ran through your savings when you leave; they act like they have you on payroll, when they don't.
    - LNL is a good company overall, with a lot of cool reps, but I should have listened to the review on here about the overall sales rep. positions because they tried to warn me, but I got wrapped in a the lies.
    - They will train you and allow you to use their printer and office equipment at no charge

Cons

- They are liars, from start to finish, so please, don't fall for it, like I did or you will see for yourself want I'm talking about when you start.
    - Its a whole lot of work with Little to No pay most weeks. You may have to travel to other towns to make a few bucks, but it's usually only enough to cover gas and food, or pay on a bill.
    - They force you to recruit, train others, and come into the office but don't pay you anything.
    - You must attend insurance class and get your insurance license and background check all at your own expense (not unusual) but there are some companies who will pay you get become licensed and also offer base salaries but not this one.
    - Only a few people have success working as a sales rep because those few people take your leads when you leave and that's how they get paid, by sticking around while they wait for their leads/clients to come through and it's door to door (they're going to try to convince you that's it's not, but trust me, it is) and when they say they have leads, it's a lie...the only real leads/ clients are the ones you go out and get yourself, which probably won't be valuable to you until months or years later (and I'm not kidding).

Advice to Management

- Stop being so overwhelming with the calls and texts.
    - Stop lying to people and making them quit their jobs when you know that money doesn't come so easily in this business.
    - Allow people to work other jobs and sell insurance on the side, if they choose to because you all know that you are not going to pay them anything, if they don't go out and make $ for themselves.
    - Just be honest with people and allow them to use their better judgement because the opportunity may be for them but then it may not be.
    - Other than that, keep training and assisting others when they need it.
    - Lastly, stop talking about agents and clients behind their backs because nobody want to hear that mess everyday.

11. "Insurance Agent"

Pros

Warm environment. Ability to build your own career however fast you desire.

Cons

Commission pay only can be inconsistent.