Liberty Power Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
David Hernandez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I’ve been at Liberty Power for years and I can truly say it’s a great place to work" (in 7 reviews)

• "There use to be a lot of good people who worked here" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The CEO needs to step back and remember how he got to this place and allow his management team to get the job done" (in 4 reviews)

• "Upper management could have handled the layoff/cost avoidance strategy better" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Happy at LP"

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve been at Liberty Power for years and I can truly say it’s a great place to work! The pay and benefits are competitive and there are monthly wellness events.

Cons

There is no cafe in the building or gym. There’s nearby restaurants and gym so it’s not that bad but having those amenities on-site would have been nice.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Owners seems to be always cordial

Cons

Untrustworthy disrespectful management without any form of consideration. Lots of pettiness. Favoritism runs rampant . Poor outlook

Advice to Management

Seek employees input in a true anonymous form. Employees truly know what's going on. Appreciate all employees. Train Managers on people skills, to take responsibility and to all around learn how to build, encourage, uplift, coach all their employees

3. "great team"

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart, driven, humble, passionate team

Cons

we don't have gym in the office but we do have them nearby

Advice to Management

continuing hiring people who are humble, hungry, smart

"Make sure you read all the reviews before coming here. They are all true."

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There use to be a lot of good people who worked here. Many good people left for good reasons or they just got laid off.

Cons

No leadership, always changing direction of what is important. Management is not consistent. Family member involved in every department. This way the can put their own spin on things. No upward movement for long term employees. They do not move people up from within , Salaries are not competitive with others they bring in from large companies. They interview people from other companies just to get information and have no intention of hiring you.

Advice to Management

I would have some, but they don't listen or really care. They say they do but don't, Their say they have core values but maybe the management team should really understand them first as it all starts at the top with the owners. They need to trust their employees.

"No Loyalty"

Current Employee - Finance in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None at this time I am very disappointed.

Cons

I am so sadden to see employees that have been part of this company for years moving on because of no direction from upper management. They don't care about their employees or families.

Advice to Management

You will loose a lot more team members, because company owners are no longer part of or care of the hard working employees that have been their for them for a long time.. Direction that comes from VP's that are rude, and inconsiderate. Ask questions to current employees and you will be totally upset on what is going on with some of us. There is no confidentiality at all. SAD to say am looking to move on to a company that cares and offers me more stability and respect.

"Energy Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a weekly paycheck and bennifits

Cons

Very Corrupt company. Managers feed their friends the big accounts, and there is a lot of unethical things going on.

Advice to Management

Fire employee's doing fraud and being fed deals and hire honest people.

Liberty Power Corp Response

Sep 15, 2017 – Sr. People Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our #1 fundamental is “do the right thing.” We encourage our team members to leverage their managers and the human resources department for any concerns so that we can be... More

"Horrible Management"

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time

Pros

Decent employee benefits and programs

Cons

Management is under-qualified resulting in poor training and communication with employees

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves and get training

"May the odds be forever in your favor..."

Former Employee - IT in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - IT in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Your success depends entirely on who you work for. If you land on the right team, you can have great success. Coworkers are mostly amazing, and they want to work together to take care of the team and fix the problems.

The occasional morale-boosting event, like holiday lunches, chair massages, annual picnic.

Easy access to the highway and tri-rail.

Cons

If you get hired on to one of the more fickle teams, good luck. Some of the management (and management wanna-be's) have excellent gaslighting skills and will change the job description, expectations, and responsibilities without telling you, and then blame you for not being up to date.

Same management team likes to hire replacements before they let the replacee go so that the new person can get trained before they fire the original employee. They will tell the new-hire (and other members of the team) what the plan is, and then tell them not to let the existing employee know. Lots of rumor-mongering and back-stabbing within those teams.

Upper management does not understand how IT works, and sets unrealistic expectations for how the teams should operate, interfering with process or asking to change direction on no notice.

If they try to extend your "contract-to-hire" contract, take that as an immediate sign that they are preparing to replace you, and start looking for something new.

Advice to Management

You have a 29-point treatise on "The Liberty Power Way" that you like to remind everyone of. However, the teams could use a refresher. Have everyone go back and re-read 3, 5, 6, 11 (!), 21, and 28.

Pay attention to the teams with high turnover... it may not be a staff problem. And when multiple employees come to you with concerns or complaints about one specific person or team, take them seriously.

"Great Team"

Current Employee - St Energy Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - St Energy Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent teamwork, great corporate fundimentals, exceptional customer service, seasoned employees, family environment, great business planning, growth opportunities.

Cons

Employee development planning, pay, many layers, many management meetings, competitiveness

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Weston, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard working people with great attitude across the board. Your ideas are heard and plenty of growth opportunity within the company.

Cons

Unless you come from the outside, company won't pay your worth. It is only after you show desire to leave the company where they will counter offer, but more often than not, it is already too late.

Advice to Management

Allow mid level managers to make decisions. Plenty of times the big decisions are controlled by Senior Leadership Team, causing delays on implementation.