Liberty Power Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

Liberty Power Corp Reviews

Updated April 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Then this is the company you want to work for (in 3 reviews)

• Conveniently located, cafeteria on site with employee plan, some of the employees care about helping the company (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • There is an expectation that you are in the office long, long hours even if you don't have to be (in 5 reviews)

• The CEO needs to step back and remember how he got to this place and allow his management team to get the job done (in 4 reviews)

"Politics....very low morale"

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time

Pros

Great benefits and corporate functions...

Cons

Low morale, compensations below industry standard, hard place to work... Too many hours - mandatory overtime that's not compensated.

"Sad company with no backbone"

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job.
    The work was not a problem for someone who doesn't mind being busy.

Cons

If you can fake being friendly with everyone regardless of the situations then you're set. Hard workers are underpaid and not recognized...they make everyone else who is spending half their day gossiping look bad. Management has no real idea what's going on and those who do just don't care enough to fix it. As long as it looks good when the owner checks on something, that's good enough for them. This of it as a mirage...a front..all smoke and mirrors. The pay is not competitive for most departments.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. Your own managers are very good at presenting you with what you want to see. Your "seasoned" employees are just that- seasoned at taking advantage and lower management is too overwhelmed to address it.

"Liberty Power employee review"

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of talent within the sixth floor

Cons

Management will make the business collapse!

Advice to Management

No advise to management... I have read through so many glass door reviews that the door should have shattered by now. If your unhappy at a company than leave it... that simple

"Great company!"

Pros

Great mission. CEO addresses everyone by name. Holidays and Weekends off. Best holiday parties and picnics. Great benefits.

Cons

Outside sales team. Management turnaround time. Micromanagement. Additional responsibilities without additional pay /advancement

"Monumental inefficiency, lousy with nepotism and politics"

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation and perks were competitive

Cons

Low morale, meetings about meetings, not conducive to career growth

Advice to Management

Transparency.

"Fundamentals does not apply"

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are good to work with

Cons

major layoffs, outsourcing, training does not seem to be relevant, upper Management lacks confidentiality and professionalism. way to many meetings and preparations for meetings.

Advice to Management

Honor your commitments, speak straight, communicate to be understood, stop setting up false expectations, stop misleading employees. Listen to what your front line employees are really saying.

"Just average at best and trending in wrong direction. Management overhaul including founders needed."

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time

Pros

- Interesting industry
    - good people working there
    - no dress code
    - on site cafeteria, massage, yoga
    - Challenging work in certain departments
    - Right person if empowered can make magic happen

Cons

- Industry fundamentals not favorable for this company. Outlook not bright.
    - Incoherent management. Right hand not knowing what left is doing, prioritization and project management almost non-existent.
    - Not a high performance culture. Mediocrity all over place.
    - Strategy seems to be survive the industry shakeout and/or get acquired by larger player. Problem is acquirer will only want the customer book, not the people. Beautiful for those with ownership stakes, not for regular employees.
    - Systems are terrible. Infrastructure very immature and company follows a build vs buy mentality. IT department could be cut 60% with same output level.
    - Holds onto people past their shelf life. Doesn't know when to cut losses.
    - Morale in toilet. Employees can see writing on wall. Many see company as a check, not a career.

Advice to Management

Give someone brand new to the company carte blanche to turn it upside down. Get rid of the senior management that's been there for years. You need fresh folks who have no alliances and can make the tough decisions necessary to save your company. Tie bonuses to company, departmental and individual performances. You guys are approaching the iceberg, employees know it, start turning ASAP.

"Terrible"

I worked at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, company party, offer benefits like health, dental, and vision.

Cons

lack of opportunities, below the market salary, terrible management from immediate supervisors

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who actually works at the office, not the ones who wants to socialize with upper managers.

Liberty Power Corp Response

Dec 18, 2014 – Marketing and Communications Consultant

We appreciate you expressing your opinion. At Liberty Power, we honor our commitments -- to our employees and to our customers. This is so core to us, "Honor Commitments" is one of our ... More

"Great place to learn politics and accomplish nothing"

Pros

Conveniently located, cafeteria on site with employee plan, some of the employees care about helping the company. I was lucky to fall in a good department (so i was told) so my experience was better than what i heard with other less fortunate people. You do get to learn about the deregulated energy sector but only superficial knowledge. No dress code

Cons

The company's policies and ways have driven a lot of employees to post negative feedback here, I assume out of frustration from not having a channel or trust so that they could voice their concerns to their piers or supervisors, specially after seeing how 20 some people were laid-off not long ago. I wont put the cons here out of respect from someone that offered me an opportunity. But professionally I feel the company didn't deliver. Taking into account the fact that negative comments from 4 years ago match the same comments from 1 week ago should tell people enough. I wish them luck, I should've seen this site before taken the offer :)

Advice to Management

Don't try to force people to act or behave in a certain way, people enjoy independence and freedom of expression. Every person is able to make good decisions (and sometimes bad, and that's OK), give people trust and ownership.

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Sales/Retention/Customer Care
    Current Employee - Sales/Retention/Customer Care

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Decent Hourly wage & full benifits.
    - Great company percs ex.. massages, parties & cafe in which you pay out of your check rather than up front.
    -if this was 2010, 2011, 2012 i wouldnt be able to say one negative remak about Liberty Power
    -CEO is a good man who wants best for his employees & company

Cons

-the longer you work here, the less money you will make. (unrealistic goals so you wont make comissions)
    - management doesnt listen to suggestions from the people on the front line who knows whats going on from the customers.
    -CEO wants his company ran the right ethical way but the people he has under him is not going by "the liberty power way" & what he wants for his business
    -all employees are not treated equal...favortism is serious
    -if you speak your mind, a target will be put on your back to get you out the door

Advice to Management

Restructure the upper management. Put people in those positions who actually worked in the position that they are managing. LISTEN to your employees