Liberty Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Carl Coyle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Hate this place"

I have been working at Liberty Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really like my coworkers and clients. Flexible hours

Cons

Very poor pay. They don't give raises. Upper management sucks. They talk a good game but does nothing.

Advice to Management

You are awful people and don't know anything about running the company. Stop lying to your staff.

"DSP"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Liberty Resources (More than a year)

Pros

The clients, being able to advocate for the clients, nice PTO,

Cons

Very stressful because you have to be watching your back at all times, poor management, inconsistent with the way they treat their employees.
    If you are one of the Directors favorites you will get special treatment and not get punitive action that others get
    For the same offense. I feel that the manager is very fake and don't genuinely care about their employees. They pretend to as long as it suits them the more you do for them the more that they will use you. Tha management is so unprofessional and talk negatively about their employees to their subordinates without even knowing them. So many people leave because they are so unhappy here

Advice to Management

If you want to get the best from your employees you should trust them more. Get to know your employees

"Awful"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Cicero, NY
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Cicero, NY

Pros

After 5 years of work you get a keychain...yippee!

Cons

EVERYTHING! Very inconsistent, no support, gossip all the time, lousy management, and in the end...mine was 9 years, your a throw away, so then they can hire someone cheaper. It is mentally exhausting being there. My advice would be don't start or get out while they haven't used you all up yet. I am absolutely serious.

Advice to Management

Come on down from your clouds and talk to the people that work for you.

"Direct support professional"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional

Pros

Good clients, a paycheck, some nice people, a crappy keychain after five years service, a see ya good luck after nine years.

Cons

Everything. Lousy bosses, bad management, clicks especially among the higher ups, no rewards. RUN don't walk...RUN from this place!

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves, you don't own your employees. Not everyone wants to be part of your kingdom,

"Toxic"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Syracuse, NY

Pros

The clients
    nice time off
    Some staff
    A very few Supervisors

Cons

There is not a good work environment established.
    Everyone is out for themselves instead of working as a team to accomplish goals which undermines productivity. There is no trust and everyone is worried and goes into CYA mode.
    Bullying is common here and this comes from the top. They target certain staff members
    Management is very egotistical.
    Several Supervisors are sneaky and use Passive-Aggressive techniques instead of being direct with staff. They relay information to their superiors out of spite and play mind games with staff.
    Extremely cliquey, which results in a poor work environment. There are the insiders and the outsiders. People are promoted based on who they know and not due to level of competence. This also has created gossiping among Supervisors that has tarnished good workers' reputations. They give the silent treatment and spread malicious gossip and rumors. It reminds me of "Mean Girls" and think that they are important because they are friends with the higher ups. Staff members had to transfer or quit just to escape this.
    The higher ups are only concerned about information that may impact them and not concerned about the welfare or reputations of their employees.

Advice to Management

A healthy work place is started at the top. Upper Management needs to take the steps to create a healthy work-place. If things are allowed to continue running the way that it is, will result in more people leaving the company. This is a form of emotional abuse and should be addressed to prevent psychological damage to employees and to improve employee morale. The staff are leaving so unhappy and depressed. Treat staff fairly and don't take advantage of them. Don't make them feel like they are being taken advantage of or used when they are a great employee.

"Liberty is not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Liberty Resources (More than a year)

Pros

The clients, good benefits,, Opportunities to learn.

Cons

This was a learning experience for me. Liberty Resources has a reputation among staff of getting rid of people they don't like and these are usually the people that speak up and the ones that they can't control. There is only one way communication. UP-Down communication. Management gives the impression that if you don't like how things are ran, then you can leave. and that you should be lucky that you have a job. I have seen intimidation used to scare someone into doing something. When I first started working for Liberty. I was such an optimistic and positive person. Listening to all of the negativity and observing how staff are treated sucked all of that out of me. Staff are seen as a matter of production and are not treated with respect. Upper management does not seem to care about their employees and are very manipulative. They are OK with their employees doing anything that is on their terms and they are approving. They are OK with you working a shift to help the Director or supervisor out at the last minute, but then write people up. I have seen the best staff members treated poorly while other staff who do absolutely nothing or should not even be working here, rewarded just because they kiss butt. Instead of using situations as a learning experience, they point fingers and choose someone to place blame on and management does not take responsibility for anything. I have seen them constantly point fingers and chose someone as the fall guy while protecting the person that is the most needed or most liked at someone else's expense. Management does not do a good job of listening to their employees and making allegations before listening to everyone's version.This will only impact your reputation. Not only does this impact the individual that is being blamed, but it also impacts your reputation with other employees that witness this and decreases trust and moral.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff as human beings and with respect. Remember that people have feelings. There is also a difference between constructive criticism and an attack on someone's character.

"Wonderful staff, treated terribly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Liberty Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training, decent benefits. Some management is sincere.

Cons

I have never before witnessed such unhappy, distrusting, on edge, and dissatisfied employees in my entire twenty year career. The agency has a reputation for delivering excellent service but treating their employees very poorly. People are routinely lied to by human resources as well as their supervisors. Employees that dedicate years of service are often treated like numbers that are completely replaceable. Here directions are given in a fear ridden environment where they unspoken attitude is “you better do this in this certain way, or else!” Eventually these kinds of organizations fall apart from the inside out, however this can take a very long time. Here the CEO is viewed as a punch line by employees, driving several absurdly expensive sports car paid for by his exceptionally high salary, while staff is barely paid more than local babysitters. One of the best days of my life was giving my notice to go on to another position elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Think to yourself long and hard when you do something that you know is wrong. How would you want to be treated if the person who you are about to lie to or manipulate in the interest of protecting the corporate structure were in the position of power? CNY is small enough that the community knows how poorly you treat your employees.

"Direct support professional"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional

Pros

Some of the staff members were wonderful, and same with clients.

Cons

Everything else. I worked they are for nine years and was thrown out like dirt. Don't plan on missing any trainings whatever you do, because write ups are constant. Cancer, death in the family, nothing can stand in the way of a workplace safety training. The only way you can miss anything there is if your boss needs you to fill a shift that they don't have to do. They are beyond cut throat, and upper management are like little high school jocks, and the people that work for them are pee ons. I I have seen them throw away a good staff for nothing, and I have seen errors that have been looked away from. If you like to kiss butt , this is the place to work. If you have any opinion of your own, especially if you want to share it even in a respectful way, forget it. Yourself a favor and don't work here.

Advice to Management

i agree with the review that states they should fire all the high and mighty upper management, and instead of spending money on a new building, and telling everyone how poor they are, maybe they should give raises once in a while. Here's another good idea, maybe when somebody works there five years something better than a stupid keychain would be called for. My advice to management cannot even be written down they disgust me so much.

"Learning Experience"

Former Employee - DSP in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - DSP in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Liberty Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients..you will bond with them and genuinely care for them
    Good time off
    Good benefits

Cons

Benefits expensive
    High turnover
    Company lacks organization
    No bonuses
    Pay sucks for responsibility placed upon you
    Write ups come easy..you will be on a leave before you can blink

"Liberty Lack of Resources"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Liberty Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent starting pay depending on the program.

Cons

The programs that pay well are horrible to work for. they do not support their employees or give them what they need to effectively do their jobs. They will use you up and throw you away. Plenty of overtime but once yous top accepting it they shuffle around where you work until you quit or they fire you.

Advice to Management

eat $#!t