Licking Memorial Health Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Rob Montagnese

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Licking Memorial Hospital"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Newark, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Newark, OH

I have been working at Licking Memorial Health Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent Medical Benefits, Small community health system, Friendly coworkers and support staff.

Cons

Pay scale is very low compared to surrounding communities

2. "Physician"

Former Employee - Physician in Newark, OH
    Former Employee - Physician in Newark, OH

I worked at Licking Memorial Health Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's the only health care system locally perhaps

Cons

During one of the meetings, the CEO did not know the difference between family medicine and internal medicine, implied pediatric call coverage for an internist. That's a red flag when the firm is supposed to have an "open minded and forward thinking CEO"?

The office manager did not know the term CME (continuing medical education) credits after been there for years? Red flag again.

Lack of a dyad system where one MD in each level of administration is matched with an administrator to improve clinical operations. More like a close-minded organization.

Advice to Management

Allow CNP's and PA's to run your medical offices instead of MD's since nursing is what the organization is more keen about developing.

3. "Public Relations Department"

I worked at Licking Memorial Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the only healthcare institutes in the area.

Cons

Management are unprofessional, manipulative, and don't offer any growth opportunities. No educational opportunities, no room to grow professional skills, no upward movement capability. Issues with discrimination.

4. "rn"

Current Employee - Emergency Department RN
    Current Employee - Emergency Department RN

I have been working at Licking Memorial Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits are better than a lot of places

Cons

pay is not very good for RN's

5. "Love my job."

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Newark, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Newark, OH

I have been working at Licking Memorial Health Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and seems to enjoy their work.

Cons

Some upper management do not pay attention to all their employees.

Advice to Management

Spend time with your entire staff, you understand them better. Find out why they chose their profession. The answers may surprise you.

6. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Staff RN
    Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Licking Memorial Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working in the same community I lived in

Cons

the uniforms weren't very stylish but they were comfortable

Advice to Management

nothing that I can think of

7. "Accounting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, OH

Pros

Health insurance and hours. Hiring process

Cons

Payscale Workload can be over whelming

Advice to Management

No comment. Not qualified

8. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Physician Center Clerk in Newark, OH
    Former Employee - Physician Center Clerk in Newark, OH

I worked at Licking Memorial Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that promotes success and general care for the community. I worked at LMH for almost 2 years and I can not wait to return someday (I left to continue my education). The initial orientation process is great, HR does a wonderful job at welcoming new employees to the company. The CEO, Rob Montagnese does an exceptional job at acknowledging and rewarding his employees. In my 2 years at Licking, I received a number of generous bonuses and 2 pay raises (no complaints in that area). Lastly, the insurance package is terrific, especially if you have a large family. I am proud to say that I was a former employee at LMH and would recommend this company to friends and family.

Side note: The staff at Licking Memorial Hospital was responsible for saving my mother's life, 2 times. I can not thank them enough for what they did for my family and I. Thank you, LMH.

Cons

The only complaint I would have pertains to the uniforms. The clerical uniforms were uncomfortable, outdated, EXPENSIVE, and did not come in petite sizes.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! But please reconsider the front desk clerk uniforms. I would recommend getting employee feedback about the uniforms.

9. "Registration clerk"

I worked at Licking Memorial Health Systems full-time

Pros

Great insurance, they really care about their employees flexible scheduling and great employee perks and benefits

Cons

Some of the supervisors arent that great to work under CEO is not that great either

Advice to Management

Give your employees more kudos employee appreciation days discounts gift cards ect

10. "Culinary assistant"

Former Employee - Culinary Assistsnt in Newark, OH
    Former Employee - Culinary Assistsnt in Newark, OH

I worked at Licking Memorial Health Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you can get past that this place wants you at work even if you are severly ill and don't care that you can potentially spread infection to patients and Co-workers then sure fantastic place to work.

Cons

I was let go because I called off twice within my first thirty days of employment even though I had health issues and I had a doctor's word and signature from a doctor employed by this organization! When you are coughing and throwing up you do not need to be anywhere near food service which is where I was. how can an organization condone that employees should come to work sick then handle and prepare food for patients that are already there with health problems, absolutely horrid this hospital shouldn't even be permitted to run horrible business and health practices. Managers and supervisors will take the first chance they can to undermine you and make you look bad when something goes wrong, human resources are worse than debt sharks I sent in a letter of appeal to appeal my termination because I felt it was best that I shouldn't spread infection within the hospital especially handling food and their response letter was that I should have come to work that that was not an excuse to call off of work so clearly this hospitals priorities are completly about money instead of saving and improving lives. This hospital got an award for one of the best places to work in the US I have a good feeling that some money was thrown around under the table to obtain this award because any business that legitimately gets this award doesn't do that to their employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your people better if they are sick they should not be around food service or patients yet you let people go because they don't want to spread infection which you would think a hospital would encourage this, this hospital shouldn't even be allowed to operate I will discourage anyone from applying here I hope no one experiences what I did horrid management horrid business and health practices.