Lidl Reviews | Glassdoor

1,884 reviews

Jesper Hojer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "a bit hard keep work life balance" (in 115 reviews)

• "very long hours as well as nights sometimes holidays wouldn't be selected best for everyone" (in 109 reviews)

1. "Supervisor"

I have been working at Lidl full-time

Pros

Anazing work enviroment and ppl

Cons

Cant think of any negative things

"Physical labor vs mental energy"

Current Employee - Associate in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Associate in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Lidl part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can go in and do what youre supposed to (stock shelves, register, bakery, or produce) and go home. Flexible schedule, during peak seasons overtime is free to whoever wants it. Pay for everyone is $12 until promotion. Room for growth. They offer benefits!

Cons

Though there is room for growth, nearly everyone starts out as part time, and positions dont open up often. Management changes a lot, so you have to keep introducing yourself and showing them your drive.

"Jesus Needs to Take the Wheel"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lidl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After a year of working at LIDl I would say there are no real pros. Unless you like an open floor plan.

Cons

You pay for your own coffee. Expect benefits to decrease with higher premiums. Expect a new ceo every year or so. We are on the third ceo in 3 years. The board is full of Europeans that might know retail grocery in Europe but have no clue what they are doing in the US. LIDL lies to the vendors they work with all the time. There is no clear direction of the company and everyone sees it besides the Europeans running the show. Oh the board of directors get company paid Audi Q7s to drive around in but they can’t afford to pay their employees a proper wage based on what their skills are. If you need to travel you will get $30 per day for food and expenses. Take $10 out of the total if your hotel offers breakfast. If you have to travel for longer than a week they will not pay for laundry that will come out of your pocket. Oh and parking is about a 10-15 minute walk away from the office building. Don’t worry if you get a company car then you can park in the garage at the office for free.

4. "picker"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Order Picker in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Lidl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

was a great environment to work there great people there to work around

Cons

no cons at all was a great

Advice to Management

management was great

"Could use Improvement"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Lidl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Diverse staff
    -Benefits
    -401K Match
    -PTO; VTO; STO combo

Cons

-Lacks Professional Development ops; -Closed minded
    -Management

Advice to Management

Experience in a field does not promote you to management; Not everyone can lead; Seek consultants; promote within; Equality in the workplace gl

6. "Oh, Lidl"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

I worked at Lidl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay, I didn't stay long enough to activate benefits

Cons

You're gonna work a LOT. That's more money for you, but don't expect to have much of a life outside of that.

7. "On a scale of 10 for how you would recommend Lidl to other people. I will choose 0, or negative."

Former Employee - Purchasing Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Purchasing Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Lidl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some colleague that I worked with are nice, smart and willing to learn. But they all either got fired without any notice or quit without other job offer because of desperation.

Another pro might be make you feel so good just to get out of this company.

Cons

1. Poor management. A lot of managers are promoted not because they are skilled or experienced, but just because they suck up the right people and stay long enough. So most of them have only analyst level of knowledge but are assigned to manage more skilled workers and pretend they know the stuff. So arrogant and pretentious. Absolute no appreciations and respect.

2. Poor pay. Definitely way underpaid for some data analytics job. I hope they can realize it by just googling the market pay for people with certain skill. They definitely have no intention to retain talent. The analytics team here is a joke. Nothing you can learn here.

3. Poor communication. We were super short staffed, which I thought maybe my manager can have better communication now. But no, even for just 2 people team, no communication AT ALL!!!

4. Upper management doesn’t know what they are doing, constantly firing some European CEO is not going to make you successful in US. And VPs, be more reasonable about what you are asking and show some respect.

Advice to Management

I don’t understand why HR have so many employee satisfaction survey but never actually do something based on the survey. And PR team, please stop posting fake 5 star rating here. At least some new hire need to know what is in front of them.

"Lidl US - Unorganized and Disaterous"

Former Employee - Production Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Production Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Lidl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Team Members
    - Benefits
    - Open office environment

Cons

- Profit first, through and through. They don't even believe their own "values".
    - Departments are NEVER set. Teams and procedures are constantly upended or shifted around, so don't get comfortable.
    - Favoritism is very apparent. Some employees constantly fall behind or pass of their work, but keep moving up the ladder.
    - Be careful if you end up taking time off for some sort of personal situation, they'll find the smallest thing to turn into a reason to let you go. You get no warnings or chances, even if you've never been reprimanded for anything.

Advice to Management

Start making some solid plans on structuring departments to last for more than a 6 month period. Fight for your employees instead of rolling over for upper management.

"Miserable work environment"

I have been working at Lidl full-time

Pros

the pay is competitive I suppose but not really considering the stress level.

Cons

One person is given the workload of three, ridiculous expectations, always understaffed. You are never shown any appreciation. The supervisors are extremely rude and disrespectful (no common courtesy). Overly physically demanding (especially for those with pre-existing conditions like arthritis, degenerative joint disease, poor vision or hearing, etc)

Advice to Management

I assure you that a little appreciation and compassion towards your employees will get more of the results you are seeking (increased productivity, greater customer satisfaction, higher profits, ...). Stop being bullies.

"Sales Operations Manager"

I worked at Lidl full-time

Pros

Good Renumeration package and responsibility

Cons

Long work hours expected constantly