Lidl Reviews | Glassdoor

2,103 reviews

3.1
Jesper Hojer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good pay and also flexible time for your own" (in 150 reviews)

• "good salary developed people very fast if they see potential" (in 55 reviews)

1. "Response on lidl"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Lidl part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good healthy cheap food ao overall good

Cons

Stores are a bit small

Advice to Management

No advice all good

"Good job, growing pains"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Lidl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, lots of time off, good workout, you can go up the corporate ladder pretty quickly

Cons

High turnover, high expectations, lack of communication due to turnover rate. I’m sure once the business is fully established in the US it’ll settle.

"Little concern for employee morale and job satisfaction"

Current Employee - Store Associate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Store Associate in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Lidl part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay for this area

Cons

Extremely faced paced with a focus on deadlines and productivity instead of employee satisfaction. Too few associates scheduled to meet the expectations of the company. Most employees get 20 hours or less until promoted to a PT30.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and help them when they Express a serious concern. Learn employment law and treat people fairly

4. "Work and Every Day Life Balance"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Greece, NY
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Greece, NY

I worked at Lidl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Value Experience, Fast-Paced Working Environment

Cons

No Work and Every Day Life Balance

5. "Don’t do it"

Former Employee - Associate in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Lidl part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The associates I work with

Cons

Upper management, pay for the work you do, timed, stressful, inconsistent,

Advice to Management

Keep your promises

6. "ok"

I worked at Lidl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nothing at all for me

Cons

Long hours, not nice people

"Great opportunity executed very poorly by management"

Former Employee - Logistics Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Logistics Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Lidl full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to train and learn in Europe

Cons

You feel like an expendable asset more than a human

8. "Good pay for young adults"

Former Employee - Store Associate in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Richmond, VA

I worked at Lidl part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was great for me being 18 years old. Training was thorough and management was nice yet stern enough to make sure daily tasks were complete.

Cons

The hours were not very flexible. They really only offer 2 shifts. Under certain circumstances will they accommodate. Communication between morning and night crew should be worked on.

Advice to Management

Implement all things learned during training or clearly explain which aspects are not going to be used in store.

"LIDL sucks"

I worked at Lidl full-time

Pros

Okay pay, good benefits, lots of free stuff & some cool events. Modern office space with some perks.

Some good opportunities for challenging and rewarding work
    If you can navigate the toxicity there is a chance to really get noticed for hard work and accomplishments made for promotion
    Fast-paced environment (if you like that) and cool to be a part of start up so you can create new ideas (if they are approved against Lidl concepts written in stone)

Cons

Maybe I just got unlucky with my experiences, but wow, the majority of people there are seriously like sharks. You can always find a few really genuine/smart people, but a lot of people are just so shallow and phony, it's not even funny. Like legitimate bullies and divas. Super competitive/vicious against one another, and illusory sense of "team". Some of the departments acted like high school kids circling drama. I could hear drama between my upper managers on a regular basis, because they didn't like one another? Like, what...? This is work... and, stop sharing your drama for others in the company to hear and creating clicks. Go to Employee Relations, and leave it there. It was just sooooo unprofessional and annoying. The open environment seems cool and hip, but really its a distraction, because people are so darn clicky and will make you feel intentionally left out of the team circle if there is anything your team members deem "uncredible". If you have any kind of genuine intuition, and you're not a mindless robot, you can feel the literal tension and weird energy coming from coworkers on a daily basis. It's just childish, and again, simply annoying when you're just trying to work. Fake smiles and competitiveness from coworkers who really just want to see you fail... it's honestly just weird. A couple of really genuine leaders (if you're lucky) who genuinely care about your growth and want to see you succeed. I'm sure some departments had a good team vibe, and good for them (that's what is expected, right?), but just seems like there were too many sour apples. You can feel really alone in general, with little to no guidance. A lot of their business concepts are just laughable. Like the "projects" people come up with are so tacky. A lot of the information rolled out seemed useless, and just to check off a box per say. Idk... I guess I wish them luck? . But, really most of the people there are so disingenuous and full of crap. Sorry to say...........

"THROW THE ENTIRE COMPANY IN THE TRASH!!!"

I worked at Lidl full-time

Pros

None none none none and none

Cons

Unprofessional, micro managing managers. No cohesiveness, as a new employee I was made to feel like an outsider who did not belong. I was offered no training yet on my 12th day on the job was called into a little room and told that I needed to "get my KVI numbers up" when no one had ever even explained to me what a KVI number was. I noticed that the line managers spent more time watching my every move rather than leading and teaching. I was fired out of the blue less than 2 months after starting and was given a less than articulate reason as to why however, at that point, I had already started interviewing again about 2 weeks after I started when when the line manager snatched her head phones out and frowned up her face as though I were bothering her whenever I would approach to ask her a question about the work that they provided no training on. I felt mislead and almost betrayed that place was so horrible. Not to mention that I literally felt insulted at the fact that this is a whole grocery store chain yet employees have to pay for a cup of gotdarn coffee in the morning. I shouldve known that this was not the place for me when they held 2 days of orientation and did not offer the new hires so much as a cup of orange or a bagel. We had to sit in an all day orientation for 2 days and were responsible for providing our own breakfast and lunch, I'm sorry, I just thought this was so very tacky especially when their offices were so modern and nicely laid out. The facade that is Lidl. I was told that OT is optional and then after I started it suddenly became mandatory and I was even asked to come into work before going to Church one Saturday, I was floored! I worked on that Tuesday of the week they fired me from 7am till 7:30pm to help get the close done, they fired me that Friday. Go figure. Crazy part is, I got off at 3:30 and was rushing to a 4:30 interview that same day and GOT THE JOB! I was desperately trying to get out of that place. The environment was a very stressful and uncomfortable one not to mention that one of the employees that was there before me had just told me that they have a difficult time keeping people and they had just gone thru a period where several people had up and quit at the same time. They did have a temp their who seemed pretty desperate for a job so much so that the she spent her entire day boot licking the bottom of the line managers shoes so Im sure they gave her my job, I wish her well LOL!

Advice to Management

THROW THE WHOLE COMPANY IN THE TRASH!!