Lidl "good pay" Reviews | Glassdoor

Lidl Employee Reviews about "good pay"

Updated Nov 23, 2019

3.2
Lidl CEO Jesper Hojer (no image)
Jesper Hojer
Pros
  • "Good pay, flexible working, opportunities(in 201 reviews)

• "good salary developed people very fast if they see potential(in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours; hard work; not rewaridng(in 153 reviews)

• "Work life balance is not the greatest but then time can be taken back at a later date if you work more hours(in 152 reviews)

Reviews about "good pay"

Return to all Reviews

"Its better than What you read here"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lidl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome work life balance Good pay to start Endless potential for growth

Cons

Bad communication between team and senior leadership Not enough developmental time with your leadership Company isnt very transparent everything is a secret

Advice to Management

Be a little more open on plans to come for employees and the company Realize not all talent has a masters degree from a 4 year college.

Lidl2019-07-27

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Lidl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, nice facilities, nice location

Cons

Long hours, inconsistent promotion, lots of turbulence at top

Advice to Management

Be consistent with how employees are judged across departments, learn to work in the US

Lidl2019-10-25
  3. "Okay job"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate

I have been working at Lidl part-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Some in charge pick and choose what employees they choose to accommodate when it come to work/life balance

Lidl2019-09-17
  4. "Dont get hurt"

Former Employee - Everything in Wilson, NC

I worked at Lidl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay Training Laid back Customer based Steady

Cons

Doesnt take care of employees To few employees at the time so its double sometimes triple work

Advice to Management

Dont just have 4 or 5 employees working all night

Lidl2019-09-06
  5. "Pretty good"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wilson, NC

I have been working at Lidl part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay Good work environment. Flexible hours.

Cons

Hours are limited management is lacking in overall work ethic

Lidl2019-07-13

"It goes downhill"

Former Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Lidl part-time for less than a year

Pros

Feel like family, good pay

Cons

Poor upper management, no trust.

Advice to Management

I’ll start from the top. At the start you are given a speech during training of the privilege it is to work with Lidl and an idea imprinted that hard dedicated work will move you up. Your work will be appreciated and that working for Lidl is a special important thing. The technology and awe of the new and fresh things you’ll see will become a reason you struggle to see any flaws at the start. It excites you and you... believe the idea that this job will be a big deal for you. Don’t be fooled by this. You will work hard brittle work whatever body type or health related issue you may have. At the start you will use pallet jacks and most likely have to carry something across the entire store that weighs at least double your weight and most likely taller than you. For me the coworkers I had and the managers for the most part became my reason to love Lidl. But then the store manager left when our sales went down and the replacement wasn’t great. Following this our district manager also quit Lidl and she was wonderful but even she saw the treatment of the staff whether management or otherwise. The new managers were much rougher much stricter and would get upset about minor flaws. Boxes not pushed to “Lidl line” was more important than the moral of the Store’s workers and would often leave all if not most of my coworkers feeling unimportant and unappreciated. This also came from another issue. Loyalty. My biggest advice for the company is here, trust. your. employees. Why have a manager walk all the way down the store for minor things an associate knows how to do just fine. Why allow a manager to pick and chose what they can do so fluently when they know about as much as the associate themselves if not less. Most managers have not been on the registers consistently. I’ve seen some change prices or move things around but if an associate types in a cookie that isn’t that specific cookie, you could be looking at your hours being dropped. This brings me to my biggest issue. The threat of hours. Do not think it is appropriate to drop someone’s hours down to four hours a week at any given time with no warning. This destroyed people’s image of the store and created extremely anxious situations for the coworkers around me. I worked very hard for this company. I worked during a hurricane I worked double even triple shifts staying until almost 2am on one of my doubles although I live so far away. Care for your employees more make them feel trusted and give them more abilities on the register so you don’t upset your customers when they have to wait 5-10 minutes for a manger to finally come up to the register to do something a simple as void a fourth item or suspend a transaction.

Lidl2019-06-22
  7. "Hard work, great coworkers, terrible managers."

I have been working at Lidl

Pros

Good pay, great coworkers, flexibility

Cons

Most of the Managers are awful, sometimes they just cut hours out of nowhere

Lidl2019-05-24
  8. "Pretty good place to start a career"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Lidl full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good pay -Good 401k -Young, fun workforce

Cons

-No telecommuting and benefits aren't considerate of families -Reliant on consultants for everything

Advice to Management

-Offer better benefits for employees with families because the early-mid 20's employees that launched the country are going to look for companies that allow them a better work/home balance.

Lidl2019-02-05
  9. "Good pay"

I worked at Lidl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, upward mobility and car

Cons

Feels like you're just a cog on the gear

Lidl2019-01-24

"Get Payed Well, But Only When They Remember"

I worked at Lidl part-time

Pros

-Good Pay -Hour are available if you're willing to ask and move around -Hours are flexible or inflexible depending on department, if one doesn't work out for you, try to change departments -Friendly environment between workers

Cons

-They might not pay you or short you for a paycheck. A month after quitting, I received ~$600 dollars they'd shorted me. -Managers are hit and miss. Some of them are alright, most of them are either doing their best to brown nose up the ladder or annoyed with everything and everyone all the time -Working in the freezer or on a reach truck for the extra 1.25 (or both for extra 2.25) is all well and good, but they... will only pay you for time spent in either location, down to the minute, won't include breaks even if you've been on it all day, and won't pay you for it at all if you haven't been on for one continuous hour. Essentially, they don't want to pay you for it and will do their best to not need to.

Lidl2018-10-05