Lieberman Research Worldwide Research Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
Lieberman Research Worldwide CEO Dave Sackman
Dave Sackman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Smart people that are honestly a pleasure to work with, great location (in 13 reviews)

• Lots of opportunity - you want something, put in the work and go for it (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • work / life balance is pretty non-existent due to intense working hours (in 19 reviews)

• The salaries are slightly below average, and you work very long hours without extra rewards or recognition (in 38 reviews)

1. "No work-life balance and lack of authenticity, but at face value, excellent place to work!"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friday bagels
    Intelligent friendly people
    FUN happy hours and holiday parties (when they do have them about 3x year)
    Great training
    Lots to learn

Cons

Shady upper management. Never believe what you hear at the QUFFIN quarterly meetings. The big boys are trying to make a buck. Sales sales sales, clients clients clients, money money money. It's not about you. The people getting business are under immense pressure to keep finding business to keep things a float. Ultra lean budget leads to micromanaging

Advice to Management

Pay more, micromanage less and find a new structure

"Research Associate - would not recommend"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fortune 500 clients offer good networking opportunities

Cons

Stuck in bland corporate world all day. Pay isn't worth it. Run by a bunch of white hetero males. Little to no active community engagement.

Advice to Management

Improve diversity by promoting more women and minorities. Make the office a much more livable space since you expect employees to spend so much time there. Give more vacation time. Increase pay.

"Research Associate/Research Manager"

Former Employee - Research Associate, Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Research Associate, Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lieberman Research Worldwide (More than a year)

Pros

This was my first job out of college. I waited a couple years to leave a review in order to accurately evaluate my years at LRW after working for other research companies.

-Entry level positions are typically filled with enthusiastic, intelligent young people.
    -Exposure to multiple industries and methodologies.

Cons

-Hourly pay for Research Associate and Research Manager positions. Long hours and overtime on a constant basis.
    -Low compensation/benefits compared to other companies.
    -Lots of monotonous boring tasks and lack of opportunities to be more involved in challenging analysis and process ownership (at least on RA/RM level).
    -Corporate red-tape, bureaucracy and lack of innovation.
    -Lack of timely feedback.
    -My biggest pet peeve at the company: client satisfaction is high at the cost of employee satisfaction. Senior managers are completely incapable of pushing back and managing clients' expectations - which translates to 12+ hour days for lower level positions, for days at a time. When the CEO was presented with low employee satisfaction scores, he responded with "If you're not satisfied with the way this company runs, then this is not the place for you."

Advice to Management

Value your employees, instead of making them feel disposable. Offer fair compensation and hire more workers, instead of making your employees work 12+ hour days.

4. "Research Associate"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

People, location of the office, can work from home if need be.

Cons

pay, long hours, beurocracy, difficult to switch teams.

5. "Great place to gain experience"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great culture, interesting work, very smart people, work hard play hard

Cons

Long hours, pay could be higher

"Just Awful"

I worked at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time

Pros

Some of the people here are very team-oriented and are willing to collaborate on projects. The office meetings are also somewhat well-organized. The office itself is aesthetically pleasing and even the cubes are somewhat spacious.

Cons

There is little to no training available here for Research Associates ("RAs"). The training was basically non-existent during my time here. The management here makes it more than obvious that they simply don't care about the career development of their Research Associates. Management is distant, unreachable, and out-of-touch. There's basically a de facto caste system in place and you're basically only going to interact with your direct supervisor and other folks who have your job title. The feedback you receive from management will also be non-existent. Expect to be completely out-of-the-loop, even on decisions that directly impact you or your position. To say that you're invisible here is an understatement.

Advice to Management

Please just go out of business soon.

"Experience depends largely on which unit/project one is staffed to."

Current Employee - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to touch various industries, lot's of young people.

Cons

Work can be tedious, boring.

Advice to Management

Pay more

8. "I was Immersed in the world of Market Research and skipped on all the "Intern" work"

Current Intern - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Intern - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lieberman Research Worldwide as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Even as an Intern I was thrown right into all the work that a full time RA does. I got to see every part of the Market Research process. I was even put in charge of several projects that were ultimately shown to the client. These projects included financial reports as well as projects vital to the successful delivery of a full report within a set deadline.

Cons

As an Intern you have to occasionally do "receptionist" duties while to regular receptionist is on Lunch (occasionally equals once every other week or so for a half-hour). This isn't difficult at all but as someone who is more introverted I really didn't care for this part of the internship.

Advice to Management

Make sure to have a project that an Intern can see from start to finish. The RM I reported to asked what I was specifically interested in and they made sure to put me in LRW classes that fit my interests (e.g. I love statistics and they signed me up the the Market Research Stats intro class), I was so excited by that.

"Mediocre salary but"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

There are a lot of fun people to talk to. Some very talented young individuals. Food. Location.

Cons

You awake in the morning knowning that you will have to "find work" within the company so that you can stay productive, if you are not productive you recieve punishment. You also do not know what time you are going home because it is typical for someone to dump hours of work on your desk at 6pm. You get very little recognition if you are not upper management. The tasks are monotonous and the pay is decent.

Advice to Management

I have seen employees crying. It would be a good idea to invest more in management training or communications classes on how to treat employees with dignity.