Life Care Centers of America Reviews in Andover, KS | Glassdoor

Life Care Centers of America Founder & Chairman Forrest Preston
Forrest Preston
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • The upper management staff does not care about the employees or anything going in with the employees (in 17 reviews)

• Low pay to CNA compared to other places makes it hard (in 13 reviews)

"Executive Director"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Andover, KS
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Andover, KS

Pros

good values, strong upper management, I felt that I would be with this company for the rest of my career and because of some health issues that I was off for FMLA, I was terminated.

Cons

regional management makes up their own rules.....and they will preserve their positions at all cost.

Advice to Management

need stronger support in the field

2. "Andover, KS-Unprofessional!"

Former Employee - CMA in Andover, KS
    Former Employee - CMA in Andover, KS

I worked at Life Care Centers of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent. Other than that, I unfortunately have nothing more to praise based on my experience.

Cons

My first and only day, I showed up pumped, only to be greeted (or actually not even spoken to for 20 minutes) by aides who refused to give me any training. Instead, they chose to complain and argue over who would do it, because they were tired of training only to have people quit. (Hmmm, perhaps they had many other issues that caused lack of desire to continue employment?) Management did nothing to help offer me training, despite my optimistic and eager attitude. Between that and having an extremely unprofessional hiring process in which the nurse and management were texting and making personal calls, I told the company they were not a proper fit for me. I absolutely do not recommend this particular facility to anyone seeking a career, nor would I suggest anyone allow a family member to reside there.

Advice to Management

Be professional and be sure that current staff are aware of new hires/are eager to provide proper training! Your new hire (no matter their prior experience) or a resident could easily be harmed if the hire is not aware of the resident's dx, health hx, level of assistance needed, dietary needs, etc. Also, an experienced, enthusiastic new hire cannot help create positive change if they aren't given training and enthusiasm in return.
    (Your residents should be able to recieve the care you'd expect for your own family member. To achieve that, training is a necessity!)