Life Care Centers of America Reviews in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Forrest Preston
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The upper management staff does not care about the employees or anything going in with the employees (in 17 reviews)

• Low pay to CNA compared to other places makes it hard (in 13 reviews)

1. "A/P"

Former Employee - ACCOUNT PAYABLE VOLUNTEER in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - ACCOUNT PAYABLE VOLUNTEER in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Life Care Centers of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a interm with Life Care Center of Las Vegas. If was a great way to get my foot in the door, and get some experience.

Cons

I only spent about 5 month on the job. I wish I had more time to grasp diffrent concepts that I can use in the accounting world.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I enjoyed working with he staff at Life Care Center of Las Vegas. The office on Vegas Dr. is the absolute best ! The administrator that runs the building is very attenative to her employees needs.

2. "Dietary aide"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Life Care Centers of America (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Pay raise was only 25 cents

"For now, pays half of the bills."

Former Employee - Full Time Staff in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Full Time Staff in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Proximity and central location, cleaner facility. For now, some decent co-workers to work with, but that's a revolving door. Still pays on time.

Cons

Managers and executives are so afraid of losing their own job, so its almost always a one sided win for them. In one general meeting, the former exec director said that these nursing homes have more lawyers on staff than nurses. So check their Nurse to patient ratios. If employees get in any problems, you are on your own. They will progressively write you up and fill up your file for easy processing of your firing. It is a franchise, like Mcdonalds, so everything is dictated by corporate. Profit driven motives is the rule. (Need to maintain that $2+ Billion dollars, profit every year, mostly from Medicare - see Forbes Magazine). For staff retention they still do those 1960's style "Employee of the year/month" worthless awards. Medicare reimburses the same in all states per patient, yet here they can't seem to pay/benefits like those other states.

Advice to Management

Restructure. These patients need more hands-on care providers and staff that will clean them, feed them, talk to them, etc. than statisticians, office workers and executives who tour the sites. If your paycheck comes from Medicare, you are not worthy of that unless you have actually provided some hands on care to those needy patients, even one 8 hour day a week. You do have enough corporate executives to rotate everyday of the week.