KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 20, 2022

Found 743 of over 801 reviews

4.9

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great!(in 78 reviews)
  • "Great Culture to grow and be stretched.(in 75 reviews)
  • "Leadership is amazing(in 63 reviews)
  • "great people to work with each day(in 56 reviews)
  • "We get to work toward the best mission there is and have fun doing with a fantastic team!(in 24 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Life.Church and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Mission Actually live out our core values Development of staff is actually important and not just a buzzword

Cons

Low base salary (Benefits can offset this, but this job is definitely a calling)

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellence Honors God

Jun 20, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of opinions on the internet about whether or not it is a good thing to think of your co-workers as "family." I think that depends on what kind of family you want. If you want the kind that smiles every time they see you, work well together, asks the question "How are you?" and genuinely means it, and would pray for you in a moment's notice, then this is the place for you. I have been here for almost 10 years and the only thing that has changed is the number of employees. The visions and values are rock solid and can be seen in every team. Not a single one is not pulling their weight to help ead people to become fully devoted followers of christ.

Cons

You will never work harder for less money. This isn't just another JOB and almost anyone on the team could leave and make more money tomorrow doing the same thing for some big coorporation. If you want a fatter paycheck, this isnt the place for you.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We’re glad to hear you enjoy working at Life.Church! Thank you for sharing your experience–your input is important to us! Thank you for making this a great place to work!

3. 5.0

Best Place to Work!

Jun 17, 2022 - Coordinator in Bronx, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being a part of such incredible life change! We get to play a part in a mission that impacts the world. Our leadership really cares about us and our families, and we have amazing benefits.

Cons

You have to learn how to rest well. While the work is meaningful, sometimes it’s also incredibly challenging.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to serve an amazing mission

Jun 15, 2022 - Central Team Leader in Edmond, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing mission which really is the central reason for why we do everything we do. - We always say, "family is our first ministry," which has made the work/life balance so much better at this job. - Really fantastic benefits. The 401k matching structure is top notch. - Annual pay for performance raises have been really generous. - High trust culture.

Cons

- Working for such a vibrant ministry can lead to very real spiritual attack. But our leadership and pastors help prepare team members for that and come alongside each person along the way.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are so glad you have a positive experience working at Life.Church! We value your input. Thank you for making Life.Church such a great place to work.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Real talk from 10+ years on the team

Jun 14, 2022 - Central Team Leader in Edmond, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been here over 10 years and fall more in love with this place every day. I'm a more faith-filled follower of Christ, better spouse and parent, stronger leader, and more generous person overall because of the impact working here has had on my life. Here are 3 areas in particular that stand out: 1. Mission: I've never been part of a place where every single person on the team is fully committed to our mission of leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. There's something incredibly special when the entire staff is running in the same direction, aligned in their values, and full of trust for each other. 2. Impact: I've never been part of a place that has such a far-reaching, global, local, and personal impact in people's lives. It's incredibly humbling and fulfilling to get to be part of. 3. Culture: I've never been part of a place that has such a high emphasis on trust, transparency, feedback, accountability, personal and family health, and leadership development opportunities. We work hard, have so much fun in the process, and experience tremendous growth every day.

Cons

The cons I tend to see people mention most here are 1) work-life balance and 2) pay. Here's why I don't have any concerns about either one: Work-life balance: This is really up to you! Let me explain: There is so much trust given in how we manage our schedules and workload, so each person really has to have the personal discipline to do that well instead of relying on the organization to do it for you. If you're someone who hasn't yet established healthy work-life rhythms, you're going to struggle no matter where no work. But if you're someone who has learned to manage your time and energy well, this is such a freeing, trusting place to work. My team is so great about working hard when we work, being fully present with family when we're home, and holding each other accountable to taking great time off to recharge. (For instance, we'll lovingly get onto each other if we ever see someone checking emails on vacation!) This is a place that highly emphasizes your personal health and your family—but it takes you playing your part in that too. Pay: Yes, you could get more if you worked somewhere else. If your top career goal is to make money, this isn't the place for you. But if your top goal is to use your skills and gifts to lead people to Christ, I can't think of anywhere better to fulfill that calling every day. I personally find the pay very fair and more than enough for my family to live comfortably. And when I add in the crazy generous benefits package (especially the 401k matching!), the healthy work culture, the development opportunities, etc., it's a no-brainer. It's an honor to me to get to live out my calling here AND receive such a high level of care through not just salary, but benefits, leadership, etc. For me, it's all a matter of perspective and priorities.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We’re so glad to hear you enjoy working at Life.Church! Thank you for taking the time to share valuable insight about your experience on the Life.Church team!

6. 5.0

So much more than a job

Jun 14, 2022 - Subject Matter Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

#1 pro: We get to work on the best mission on Earth every day- leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ! There's not enough room to list all the pros so my quick list is: Incredible leadership; opportunity to develop professionally, personally, and spiritually; next-level benefits; healthy culture.

Cons

We work hard and the pace is fast and faster because our mission is too important not to. We are led to set healthy priorities and create work/life balance for ourselves, but we have to choose to do that. Because we love what we do, it can be easy to slip into unhealthy work patterns. Not really a con, but good for awareness for anyone considering applying.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We agree with you: Life.Church is a fast-paced environment! We definitely don’t have it all down yet, but we are always trying to get better at making sure that the time you spend outside the office with family and friends is as fruitful and fulfilling as the time you get to invest at work. Thank you for making Life.Church a great place to work!

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Life.Church so far. we're just getting started!

Jun 14, 2022 -  in Edmond, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The mission, the culture, and the health insurance are my top 3 reasons to work at Life. Church

Cons

working vocational ministry isn't for the faint of heart. you can make a bigger salary without a target on your back elsewhere.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Such a supportive, loving, meaningful, and exciting place to work

May 27, 2022 - Content Editor in Edmond, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

• global reach • supportive of staff spouses and family needs • excellent benefits • healthy environment • professional and personal development opportunities • trust extended from the beginning • leveraging technology and always innovating and growing • amazing people (passionate, talented, and kind)

Cons

• growth pains ... need more space (but this is exciting also) • have to be willing to live in Oklahoma and take a lower pay than working a regular job (but the mission, ROI, kind work environment, and job satisfaction is totally worth it!)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Life Is Better With Life.Church!

May 24, 2022 - Casting Coordinator in Edmond, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love getting to use the unique skills God gave me to share His love with others! I am an actor/singer/dancer and I use my knowledge and skill as the Casting Coordinator finding talent for all our photoshoots, voice-overs, videos, etc.

Cons

This is a high feedback culture. So, you always need to be ready to give and receive feedback.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We’re glad to hear you enjoy working at Life.Church! We appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you for sharing about your experience!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Jun 2, 2022 - Church Pianist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, eccentric place to work

Cons

Better pay at Korean American United Methodist Church

Viewing 1 - 10 of 743 Reviews

Life.Church Reviews FAQs

Life.Church has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 801 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at Life.Church to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Life.Church employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Life.Church. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

98% of Life.Church employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Life.Church 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Life.Church to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Life.Church Job Seekers