Life.Church Reviews | Glassdoor

Life.Church Reviews

Updated April 23, 2019

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is no higher calling than to be a part of our mission to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ" (in 20 reviews)

• "Our culture, our values, our team passion all center around an amazing mission to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "High feedback culture might be challenging" (in 20 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be challenging, especially with young kids" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Mission Minded"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission of Life.Church has remained the same throughout the years and keeps the entire staff focused. However, the way we go about achieving that mission has changed with the times to foster innovation and risk-taking ideas.

We also have a culture of development - both professional and personal. We all strive to improve and bring our best every day. This culture helps us to get out of the "that's how we always do it" mindset and encourages taking on challenges to stretch individuals to propel the organization forward.

Plus, there are great benefits and perks such as health care, FSA, employer-match 401k, and many more.

Cons

It's a growing, learning organization, so if you're not comfortable with change, pivots, and fast-paced work environment it might not be a fit for you.

2. "Actual Best Place To Work"

I have been working at Life.Church full-time

Pros

Getting to be a part of life change with every contribution we make! We also have a great working environment with lots of fun, personal growth, spiritual growth as well as professional growth. There are so many opportunities to develop leadership, time management, communication, really any area I can think of in a work context I have opportunities to develop and grow in here. The team at Life.Church cares so much about you as a person, not just you as an employee, and they care about your family!

Cons

The pace can be fast sometimes, so if you don't love working hard and running fast then you might not enjoy it here.

3. "I Love My Job!"

Current Employee - Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They care about you as a person, and want to make you a better leader and person. Plus the mission - leading people to be fully devoted followers of Christ! They have amazing benefits!

Cons

They have very high standards, and sometimes it's hard to meet them.

4. "Gets better every day"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits package, a best friend at work (or several), support for every area of your life, positive approach to personal development and an open feedback culture. You will always know what is expected of you for success and you will be challenged and supported as you grow in your leadership. Every day is better than the day before.

Cons

Demanding schedules because we are working hard to create opportunities to change lives. It's up to you to protect your family time and to seek out opportunities to rest - all of which is highly encouraged.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. You get to make a large impact on the world
    2. Great culture
    3. People are genuinely nice

Cons

One of the core values is that we are bet the farm risk takers, but many times it seems the opposite

6. "The greatest place to work"

Current Employee - Software & Support Specialist in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Software & Support Specialist in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They make me feel valued, feedback is welcome. Teams feel like family and work well together. Family comes first, always. They have great benefits. They encourage all staff to grow personally. Great opportunity for advancement. The work done here helps change others lives for the better.

Cons

I can't think of anything at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep following Jesus

7. "Development Is A Huge Value"

Current Employee - Worship Pastor in Hendersonville, NC
    Current Employee - Worship Pastor in Hendersonville, NC

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am so thankful to work at a place where me and my co-workers are always pushed to never settle for lest than our best. The resources and leaders we have a tools for self and spiritual development are endless. I feel valued and cared for majorly in this way.

Cons

Ministry can just be hard! When you are called to it you sign up for long hours, and it's not something that you can just "turn off." To work at Life.Church and in ministry, it has to be a calling, and you need to know that before you step into it.

8. "Lots of Great Development & Feedback!"

I have been working at Life.Church full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of development opportunities! It's a high feedback culture so there's not any gray areas on whether you're doing well or not. It's a great environment where your co-workers care about the same mission as you but also care about you as a person.

Cons

Work life balance can be hard with it being so fast paced but if you're passionate about the mission then that sacrifice is worth it.

Advice to Management

Would love to have paid paternity leave.

"Best Place I have Ever Worked, PERIOD!"

Current Employee - Pastor in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Pastor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Life.Church full-time

Pros

I have worked a ton of places in my career as well as a handful of different churches. This is the best job and place I have ever worked. It is filled with great culture and you are surrounded my great leaders that care about you and your family.

Leadership truly sees you as a person and not just a number. They strive to be better and feedback is both given and received in a healthy manner. The character of our leadership is such an example for others both outside and inside the church.

The vision and mission is very clear and spoken about often. You know what to do and are equipped to do it every day. This creates a healthy environment to grow and be the best you.

Cons

Feedback can be hard if you are not aware or able to take feedback often. Again, it is said in love and is healthy but ultimately it is up to the individual to receive it.

It is a fast paced organization. If you are not in a healthy place along with your family it can cause you to burn out and not have great work/personal life balance.

Advice to Management

Thank you!!

10. "Lead, grow, and make a difference, while having fun doing it!"

Current Employee - LifeGroups/LifeMissions Pastor
    Current Employee - LifeGroups/LifeMissions Pastor

I have been working at Life.Church full-time

Pros

Our mission is more than just words on a wall - we truly exist and focus solely on projects and goals that lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.

Our culture is intentional, not accidental. We live and breathe by our aligning organizational values, which drive and guide our high-performing teams.

Our staff is valued. We are a team full of leaders who have other leaders investing in us, our families, and our development. Additionally, our compensation and benefits are competitive, with year-end review salary increases based on performance. We also highly value our families, knowing they are our #1 ministries God calls us to.

Our teams have fun. We really do enjoy what we do, while doing it with people we enjoy being around. As a high-performance organization, we make sure to let loose and have fun!

Cons

The pace is so fast that it's not the right fit for everyone. If you do not thrive in flexible, dynamic, and highly-driven staff teams, this would not be the right fit for you. To go the distance on this team, you must be well-centered in who you are.

Advice to Management

Thankful for you! Keep guarding and guiding what you've excellently created.