KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Life.Church Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2021

4.9
Pros
  • "I don't know of anywhere that has a bigger positive impact on the global church(in 57 reviews)

• "They don't hire you to fullfilling a job but to fulfill your God Calling(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pretty fast paced work environment(in 74 reviews)

• "the possibility of moving, high feedback culture that can be hard to take sometimes(in 41 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Inspiring, Motivating, and Dedicated

Aug 21, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone who works here is passionate and driven to help the organization succeed. - Management is top-notch and goes over-the-top to take care of everyone who works here. - Each department from the top down is mission-focused and does an amazing job in their respective areas. - Benefits are better than that offered by most other companies out there - Motivating and inspiring environment that always re-energizes me every day

Cons

The environment may not be for everyone. Everyone working here has a passion and drive to help the overall mission and vision of the organization, and if you aren't fully committed, you will likely not succeed.

11 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Specialist

We are so glad you have a positive experience working at Life.Church! We value your input. Thank you for making Life.Church such a great place to work.

2. 5.0

Surprisingly awesome

Jun 14, 2021 - Senior Director Engineering in Edmond, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ worldwide impact: we get to help build the global Church, and bless those far from God. + high quality expectations: we have all we need to make a big positive difference, and the teams here routinely do so. + extraordinary focus on leadership development

Cons

Ministry isn't easy! But if God has called you to it, there's nowhere better to be.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place to Work!!

Jun 11, 2021 - YouVersion Software Engineer in Edmond, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is definitely the healthiest of any place I've ever worked. They really care about the individual and our families. It's evident from the amazing benefits (most health care is 100% covered, no deductibles or co-pays), generous 401k match, and flexible work schedule. Everyone is very friendly and focused on the core mission. There is no in-fighting or internal politics! Very healthy organization that I am blessed to work for.

Cons

The job required relocation very far away from family and friends. We love the new Life.Church community, but it was difficult to leave our home town, and visiting family requires planning and a long road trip or a plane flight. In the long run the reward is great, but is definitely something a job seeker should consider.

4. 5.0

Best Workplace Ever

Jun 11, 2021 - Software Engineer in Edmond, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are cared for so much and will grow personally, spiritually, and professionally. I learn a lot by being in the game as a developer. There's a great community here of people who love Jesus and truly are committed to the mission of Life.Church. There are plenty of ways to learn and grow, with a team dedicated to training and developing of our staff members. God is truly blessing Life.Church. What we get to work on is very impactful. I can't imagine myself doing anything else.

Cons

One thing that can be hard is that we have a high feedback culture, so make sure to separate your identity from your works, so that you do not find yourself getting defensive. The feedback is welcomed and is encouraged, because we are better together than apart.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to grow in all areas

Jun 11, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Edmond, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

This place is filled with humble, highly skilled, self-aware people, united in mission. My personal well-being (and my family's) is clearly top priority. There are also lots of wise people who are willing to talk about anything, so I'm able to grow not just as an engineer, but as a husband, father, neighbor. And the childcare program is top-notch. My coworkers and leaders are patient and honest, and since many of us made status / pay / geographic sacrifices to work here on mission, we're not defaulting to climbing a ladder.

Cons

It is a non-profit, so many luxuries of other software shops are absent.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Life.Church is innovating in nearly every capacity

Apr 15, 2021 - Product Designer in Edmond, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Every full-time Life.Church staff member I've ever interacted with has been kind, helpful, graceful, and passionate about doing their job with excellence. • My leaders are some of the best humans on the planet, and they genuinely seek my well-being alongside the success of our team and organization. • There are not only a million internal opportunities for professional and personal development, but an open minded approach to new ideas and methods. • Trust truly is the foundation of this healthy company. • High expectations keep employees accountable to a fast pace and excellent work, so I have not experienced having to work with any slackers. • Organizational growth is showing there are opportunities to advance or move around. • This organization gives so much to their employees. We are taken care of by the Benefits team in every capacity. • Life.Church is very serious about consistent values and culture. We make decisions by the "Life.Church Book" and as far as I can tell, this is proving to be a solid approach.

Cons

• Though I have not experienced this, some say the demand for excellence, a fast pace, and results is too high. Those people seem to burn out and have negative experiences. • As with any large organization, there seems to be some red tape from time to time. It's not a flat start up, that's for sure. However, some of the good of innovative start up culture exists at Life.Church!

Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We agree with you: Life.Church is a fast-paced environment! We definitely don’t have it all down yet, but we are always trying to get better at making sure that the time you spend outside the office with family and friends is as fruitful and fulfilling as the time you get to invest at work.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Love this place!

Jun 10, 2021 - Operations Director in Edmond, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Life.Church is an incredible place to learn, grow, and pour into others. The leadership team cares deeply about its staff, provides incredible benefits, opportunities for growth, and all kinds of additional resources for individuals. Our team works hard and has lots of fun together, my teammates are more than coworkers, they are dear friends.

Cons

The pace is fast and change is inevitable. It can take time to adjust to these norms.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

High Investment = High Return!

Mar 11, 2021 - Worship Pastor in Tulsa, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Life church is an exceptional church to belong to and an even more expceptional place to work! I love that we indentify, recruit and develop people who have the raw potiential to be incredible leaders! We've learned to be able to see high potiential in people and the clearest indicator of that is passion for the mission of leading people to Jesus. Salary increases are directly related to the effort YOU put in to making things/yourself better! Benefits are OUTSTANDING! (AND, our Central Team is always looking for ways to make both our costs lower and benefits better!) Development and growth is almost impossible to avoid. Everyone including leadership is always looking to find their "next step"... all while realzing that perfection is the enemy of better! Every day is a WORK DAY! We make incredble team memories together while living out the greatest calling in the world! PEOPLE will always be the single most important driving force behind everyting we do!

Cons

We often work long hours in certain times of the year. Things happen at such a fast pace that often times communication can come in various ways and timelines. This may leave you feeling somewhat overwhelmed. If you're not flexible, you may be frustrated by constantly evolving systems. We aren't to afriad to change things up immediately if they aren't working.

1 person found this review helpful

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

The hype is true!

Jun 10, 2021 - Engineering Leadership Program Engineer in Edmond, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything you're read about Life.Church is true it really is as good as it sounds. I get to work in a high feedback, caring, and fun environment with the smartest people in the world. Life.Church not only cares about its mission but also our families. The benefits get better every year.

Cons

Pay could be better when you compare it to other similar places.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

No Place I'd Rather Work

May 12, 2021 - Pastor
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone on the team genuinely cares about you as a person. They want you succeed and the opportunities to grow and develop your leadership here are unlike any place I have ever worked. - The mission is clear here and our organization does a phenomenal job of keeping the "why" in front of us every single day. - The benefits we receive as employees are second to none. Our benefits team does a great job of making sure staff and their families are well taken care of.

Cons

- This is a high feedback culture. As long as you know that the feedback given is out of love and a desire for you to grow than you will enjoy receiving it. - The pace can be intense at times. We move quickly as an organization and as long as you can adapt to that then you will succeed.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 634 Reviews