Life.Church Reviews | Glassdoor

Life.Church Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2020

5.0
  1. "Best Organization to work with that has a Mission and Purpose"

Current Employee - Operations Pastor in Yukon, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Mission, Purpose, Development, Sacrifice, Generosity, Values, Vision, Benefits are outstanding, Family Oriented, Strong Work Ethic, Yearly Reviews to help you learn and grow.

Cons

There are not many cons to be called into ministry. It is a sacrifice but it is worth it!

Life.Church2020-03-30
  2. "Challenging but worth it"

Current Employee - Operations Pastor

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for less than a year

Pros

Life.Church genuinely cares about the well begin of their employees, the benefits are great, and doing the work of God can't be beat. LC is a place for growth, and innovation, yet they have systems in place that make everything work in harmony. I have never worked for a more well organized place in my life.

Cons

Be prepared to be stretched. This is great in the long run, but it is NOT easy. You will learn ugly truths about yourself and the spiritual attack is real. BUT, you will grow SO MUCH and become a better version of yourself.

Life.Church2020-03-29
  3. "Light, love and laughter."

Current Employee - Creative Production Assistant in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Life.Church has given me the opportunity to use my unique skill set as an actress on the Production Team. I'm thankful to have a consistent and fun job where I help spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. Life.Church is a light of hope pointing to Christ's love.

Cons

This isn't a con in my opinion, but, it could be to others. This is a top notch and high feedback ministry. So, be ready to bring your best EVERY day and be ready for feedback on how you can continually improve your skills and contributions.

Life.Church2020-03-26
  4. "We're all about the capital C Church!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get to be a part of something bigger than yourself! Life.Church creates and gives away all of our resources to support churches around the world, so that those church leaders can focus on the people in their communities, and not on creating content all week long. I love being a part of our mission to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.

Cons

Staff members are expected to be fully engaged in Life.Church. It's not always easy. This is the hardest job I've ever had, but also the best job I've ever had.

Life.Church2020-03-26
  5. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working with like-minded people who have a laser-focused mission. The organization truly cares about me and my family. It is an honor to work here.

Cons

We work hard and certain seasons are extremely busy, which can be tiring. This hard work is not done without feeling cared for or reminded of why our work matters by the people around us!

Life.Church2020-03-25
  6. "Christ Centered Employee Focus"

Current Employee - Associate Youth Pastor

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Life.Church will wholeheartedly reject the title of, "mega-church". Instead they are a micro church with a MEGA vision! If you have never been a part of Life.Church this may be difficult to understand. Instead of building massive buildings and only having 1-3 services per Sunday, they start in a community and begin reaching people on a more personal level until a larger interest has developed. Then they build a smaller sized building depending on the area, and have services running on 2-3 days during the weekend. LifeGroups are also one of the primary focuses of the Church and they are done well! - 5 Things: Life.Church focuses on 5 things and works to do them VERY well. Many Churches try to do more than they can manage to try and cater to everyone. Within Christ centered and Biblical core values, the following 5 things are focused on and executed VERY well! 1. The Weekend - It is clear that the weekend services are our times with a largest impact and reach so we emphasize the weekend because of the opportunity to reach the most people. 2. LifeKids - Every weekend and every service, LC sees hundreds of kids entering in each campus with their families. LifeKids is a trusted place for parents to allow their kids to go for Spiritual development and confidence while the rest of the family attends the service. 3. Switch - 6th-12th graders gather weekly to hang out with friends and hear the Gospel preached. After worship and a message intended to reach and grow the current generation, we split up into small groups to focus on personal discipleship on a more intimate level. 4. LifeGroups - These are essential to keeping community strong and intentional relationships growing. This focus allows people to remain connected on a deeper level then one may experienced at a weekend service. 5. LifeMissions - This focus allows for local impact on the communities surrounding each campus. Local mission opportunities allow just one more opportunity to expand beyond the walls of our building I have never felt so welcome starting a new job anywhere! And once on the team, you know you don't have to feel pressure to prove yourself because the interview process is so grilling and intense. Staff definitely make sure that they are only hiring excellence driven people who are called by God to serve here. Benefits are AMAZING! The last thing I will highlight among to many options is the ability to stand strong with Church Online even in the midst of a pandemic that has temporarily hindered us from meeting at the buildings. This allows people all over the world to stay connected. I love working for a Church that makes an even bigger impact for the Kingdom each day than the day before! Honestly, Life.Church deserves 5 starts on every subject!

Cons

With so many staff, it is harder to join the team and feel connected right away. Even though the welcomes and excitement for me as a new person at the front end were outstanding and unbeatable, it was tough to feel like I was truly part of the team at first or known as an individual if that makes sense. This hump however does not take too long to get over. Depends on the person!

7. "It's a Calling"

Current Employee - Host Team Pastor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyday I get to live out God's purpose for my life.

Cons

At times I get to walk through hard times with people in our church. It's hard to see people struggling but it's an honor to be trusted by God in that way.

8. "Best Place to work"

Current Employee - Pastor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Leadership cares about your wellbeing and family -Feedback is healthy and pushes you to grow -Collaboration with other team members -As big as the organization is, you don't get lost as an individual, you feel needed and knows -Great benefits and retirement plan

Cons

-Fast Paced -To be successful you have to be open to feedback and growth, it's hard but worth it -If you are not healthy in your marriage or spiritually it will be hard to work here.

Life.Church2020-03-24
  9. "Phenomenal place to work!"

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the culture are second to none.

Cons

There is an extremely high rate of feedback that definitely takes a learning curve to get adjusted to

Life.Church Response

March 24, 2020Recruitment Specialist

We are so glad you have a positive experience working at Life.Church! We value your input. Thank you for making Life.Church such a great place to work.

10. "Dream come true!"

Current Employee - Associate Host Team Pastor in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Life.Church full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love getting to use my gifts and skills for a mission that matters to me alongside people who aren't afraid to dig in and really do life with me. I'm able to make a difference while growing professionally, learning how to give and receive honest feedback, and encouraged to innovate. I also appreciate how intentional my leaders are to see me growing personally. They genuinely care about my mental and emotional health and the health of my family. Working at Life.Church is a dream come true!

Cons

I can't personally think of any cons at working at Life.Church. I know if you're not flexible or not willing to continue to grow and improve, you won't be comfortable here.

Found 414 reviews