Life Line Screening Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Colin Scully

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Saving Lives Daily, Not Micro-managed (in 9 reviews)

• Everyone is willing to help at all levels of senority (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay and extremely long hours (in 8 reviews)

• No raises ever and they treat you like you should be grateful to work for them (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Saving Lives Daily"

Current Employee - PHA in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - PHA in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Saving Lives Daily, Not Micro-managed. Everyone is willing to help at all levels of senority. A very friendly and caring enviroment. Open to employee feedback for improvment. Simple to understand Metrics and multi level bonus structure. Advancement from within. Consistant recognition. Open door policy with management. Close to home and also offers work from home postions.

Cons

Very fast training, too fast. Not enough emphesis on the VOC. Call flow/structure is lacking empathy. Poor coaching and the quality process does not seem to take into account the VOC.

Advice to Management

The CQ flow and coaching is not to build a lasting relationship with our customers, which IMO should be the goal. CQ grading seems metrics driving, that is okay However the VOC = the NPS. The VOC is driven by making lasting connections. So I think more time should go into develping "soft skills" in training. We are talking to the most vurnerable people. We owe it to them to provide empathy, real care and concern. grading should not be so black and white when you are communicating with human beings there is always a grey area.

Feb 8, 2017 – Employee Advocates, Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your experience here at Life Line Screening. We value your opinion. We are glad to hear you recognize the impact you make in people's health, in people's lives. Likewise... More

2. "Work-life balance, family-oriented, wonderful culture."

Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- work-life balance
    - rewarded for working hard on all levels
    - compassion for employees

Cons

- mobility opportunities
    - CHQ location
    - lack of offices for managers

"Not A Normal Call Center - Great Product! Great Leadership!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time

Pros

Working in a "Call Center" can be very hard at times but at Life Line, It seems like they really take pride in the customer as well as their product. Although it is sales, they do not want people using used car salesmen approaches on people and want people to talk to their customers and carry on a educating conversation. Although it is sales, it is not scripted and it is a great product. Much better company than most out there. I have recommended several people and they like it. Great bonus potential as well...

They also try to work around schedules in order to help maintain Work/Life Balance.

Cons

It is hard work and can be monotonous. It is call after call but if you can handle that, it is good! There are numbers that need to be met since it is sales but there is also great bonus potential. It makes up for it. In the end, you are doing good by customers.

Advice to Management

Keep an upbeat atmosphere. You have done a great job over the last year and everyone is much happier due to the changes that you have made. Keep up the good work. People need to appreciate you more.

Nov 24, 2015 – Employee Advocates, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and recognition. As an organization that strives to foster both, we appreciate it!

We are happy to hear you enjoy working with Life Line Screening. It sounds like you... More

4. "Call center-outbound"

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time

Pros

They compensate you fairly for the work that you do, and the team leads are great. There's opportunities to improve based on one on one coaching with your team lead, and group coaching for call calibration. Everybody is really nice, it's a positive atmosphere. The supervisors give you the tools you need to succeed and always give you goals to try and reach, and you're also not strictly micromanaged. Benefits for health, dental and vision are included, along with 401k.

Cons

You don't get sick days or vacation days. You need to save up your paid time off hours and request days off in advance. There's also no potential to get a raise. Your base pay remains the same no matter how long you've worked here, unless you get promoted to a different position in the company.

Advice to Management

There should be a potential to get a raise based on length of employment and job performance.

Nov 30, 2015 – Employee Advocates, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy to read your positive comments about your leadership, team, your work environment and recognizing the compensation package which... More

5. "Outbound Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly working atmosphere with flexible hours at a competitive wage.

Cons

Having to wait a month for the first paycheck & then it takes a couple months for your first bonus.

Advice to Management

More consistency with discipline and consequences for company violations that are progressive (involving warnings) before firing.

6. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, OH

Pros

This is my first "call center position" and I really enjoy working here. Just like with any other position, it is what you put into it. I have one of the greatest Team Leads and the upper management is great and approachable. Bonuses are nice

Cons

high turnover, Health insurance is outragous

Advice to Management

Invest in continuously training current employees.

Nov 24, 2015 – Employee Advocates, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It means a lot to hear you enjoy working with us and your management is approachable. We have given careful thought to your additional commentary... More

7. "Great Corporate Job - Great People in a Good Setting"

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. CO-WORKERS: The people here, including management, are truly amazing. They work hard, always put their best foot forward and try to make a difference in people's lives, whether it is a co-worker or customer.

2. WE HELP PEOPLE: We provide comfort to people with no to low present risks as they discovery they are currently healthy. We inspire healthy habits for others that become aware of mild risk factors for cardiovascular diseases which often motivates them to improve their health habits (exercise and eating healthy) and seek medical follow-up with their doctor to minimize any future risk for health issues. We help save lives for those who become aware of blockages in their arteries or aneurysms which otherwise could have gone undetected and may have resulted in life threatening consequences. It is rewarding knowing we are encouraging people to know their health at every age, not just when a symptom occurs, and to do something about their risks early on so they can have a better chance at being & staying healthy in the future.

3. BENEFITS & PERFORMANCE REWARDS: Great benefits including paid time off, health insurance, 401k with employee matching, etc. I have also seen many people, including myself get rewarded for performance. If you are producing results, demonstrating the companies core values, and asking the right questions it is possible to get promoted or take on more responsibilities with a raise in a corporate position.

4.CONTRIBUTE TO HEALTH SCIENCE: We contribute to medical science by collaborating with many prestigious universities to help further understand the relationship between lifestyle and hereditary risk factors and the development and prevention of cardiovascular diseases.

5.INNOVATIVE: The company respects innovation and new thinking and I know as a result they are implementing new technology and procedures that are going to improve the way many of us do things and ensure a safe and compliant organization continues to improve and grow.

Cons

I believe my con is improving and will continue to do so in time. It happens at many GROWING (growing being key) national corporate companies.

1. COMMUNICATION: People are not always informed or in the loop with changes, new products, performance numbers, etc. and at times it can feels like the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing.

Advice to Management

Improve "global" communication and culture to ensure customers and team members are on the same page, feel educated and cared about so whether they are in New York, Cleveland or California, everyone is having a similar experience.

Jun 14, 2016 – Employee Advocates, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience at our organization. We are happy to hear you appreciate your co-workers, helping people, the benefits and performance, our contributions to health science, and... More

"anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Life Line Screening (More than a year)

Pros

If you like traveling, working with people and are full of energy this is the job for you.

Cons

lots of traveling, late nights, lots of driving

Advice to Management

no advice

9. "Great company to work for that values their employees"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Privately owned and don't have to work for a client. I'm not treated like a number my employer works to have a personal relationship with me and pushes me towards success. I feel valued and part of a team. I feel like my ideas and thoughts matter.

Cons

Technology is a little behind but this companies potential is amazing with the leaders that are in place. This company is going to do nothing but get larger.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide growth opportunities for your employees. Continue to treat people like humans and not numbers. Continue to hold yourself to higher standards than other call centers in Stark County and be the employees of choice in the area.

"If you love to travel this is the job for you!"

Former Employee - Mobile Unit - Ultrasound Team Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Mobile Unit - Ultrasound Team Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will never stop moving or learning learning. Great potential for advancement. Challenging and diverse opportunities for personal career growth.

Cons

Without strong support the continuous travel can erode continuity in training procedures, staff feedback and development, and frustrate any sense of team work within company culture.

Advice to Management

Strengthen management and team support. The continuous travel can result in lack of continuity in training, feedback and staff development. The resulting lack of communication can frustrate any true sense of team work within company culture.