Life Line Screening Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Colin Scully

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Saving Lives Daily, Not Micro-managed (in 9 reviews)

• Everyone is willing to help at all levels of senority (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay and extremely long hours (in 8 reviews)

• No raises ever and they treat you like you should be grateful to work for them (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Saving Lives Daily"

Current Employee - PHA in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - PHA in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Saving Lives Daily, Not Micro-managed. Everyone is willing to help at all levels of senority. A very friendly and caring enviroment. Open to employee feedback for improvment. Simple to understand Metrics and multi level bonus structure. Advancement from within. Consistant recognition. Open door policy with management. Close to home and also offers work from home postions.

Cons

Very fast training, too fast. Not enough emphesis on the VOC. Call flow/structure is lacking empathy. Poor coaching and the quality process does not seem to take into account the VOC.

Advice to Management

The CQ flow and coaching is not to build a lasting relationship with our customers, which IMO should be the goal. CQ grading seems metrics driving, that is okay However the VOC = the NPS. The VOC is driven by making lasting connections. So I think more time should go into develping "soft skills" in training. We are talking to the most vurnerable people. We owe it to them to provide empathy, real care and concern. grading should not be so black and white when you are communicating with human beings there is always a grey area.

Life Line Screening Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Employee Advocates, Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your experience here at Life Line Screening. We value your opinion. We are glad to hear you recognize the impact you make in people's health, in people's lives. Likewise... More

"Ultrasound"

I have been working at Life Line Screening (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are saving lives by performing the tests

Cons

No breaks Management is constantly giving you more responsibility no raises 56 hours PTO there are no increases

Advice to Management

Treat your r employees better

"Review"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of compensated travel and lots of overtime

Cons

Overtime (80 hr work weeks) are sometimes mandatory. Very high commitment.

Advice to Management

Greater incentives like there used to be would be encouraging for the level of commitment required.

"TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK"

Former Employee - Preventive Health Advisor in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Preventive Health Advisor in Canton, OH

I worked at Life Line Screening part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only plus was the benefits and the bonus and u had some nice co workers which I really made a good group of friends out of !!

Cons

Forced to upsell old people ... terrible management , bad upper management, rude people . Not worth it to work here honestly ...

Advice to Management

Please stop putting policy before your own customers and workers .. yeah it's saving their life but at the end of the day why are we upselling to old customers for screenings they barely can even afford in the first place ? Please allow the people who want to upsell upsell then pay the ones who don't less money not write them up and fire them I witnessed 3 people be fired ..

"HSC"

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company was wonderful when I first started. It was then sold about 5 years ago and have nothing good to say about them. Work from home but expect to put in at least 10 hour days to stay ahead. No raises, no annual reviews just more work and less pay. The product is good but new management has ruined it.

Cons

Salaries were reduced by 15,000; they try everything so they don't have to pay you commission; reporting is a joke and never right; management does not care at all about you, you are a work horse; demands are extreme; deadlines stressful; benefits are the pits; It's all about the money and any means to save a buck. No longer get office expense reimbursement for internet. It's a horrible company to work for now. They have lost all good employees those that have been with them from the start. I finally left after the past 6 years of abuse. Best thing I ever did!

Advice to Management

Learn the field. I would like them to book 36 events a month and drive revenue. Quit making Reps responsible for things they have no control over. Treat them like humans not dogs. Where's the incentive trips; acknowledgements; raises? Oh that's right your getting them all!. HORRIBLE!

"Customer Care Coordinator"

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time

Pros

I can not provide a positive comment.

Cons

Horrible environment. Poor management. Preying on the elderly with false information.

"Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time

Pros

No pro's! The company doesn't care about there clients health only there money!! The employees are under paid and over worked! You get no lunch break! They expect you to upsale to the patients! It's more of a sales position than a health care position! I've heard rumors that doctors nor radiologist read the reports!!

Cons

Never work for them!! If you are a trained medical personnel and genuinely care about making a difference this job isn't for you!

"Exciting at first..."

Former Employee - Inbound Call Center Customer Service Representative in Independence, OH

I worked at Life Line Screening full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a pretty exciting job to get in to, there so much you will learn. You are indeed saving lives. If you have a unique ability to retain everything you are required to learn in a two week training course if your lucky, minds was one week an i had no experience as a in bound sales rep and was on the phones that Friday. If you can manage that amount of stress then you should be great for that part. it was pretty easy for me thankfully because i had lots of experience in customer service and some how i was great at all the other requirements. if you enjoy a highly competitive job where if you don't bring your "A game" every day that you come in, and you can risk losing half the bonus you get every other pay. then this job is for you..

Cons

Old and out dated technology. I and many others lost really good calls and never got them back because of the many tech. issues.. $1,000 sells that could get you a pretty nice bonus.. However these "bonuses" can be underwhelming. they can and will cut your bonuses in half if some of the calls you make aren't just right.. a lot of people quit because of the amount of effort that was being poured in to their jobs, weren't even being recognized like it was promised just because they couldn't read the many disclosures Q&A's to one of the hundreds of customers you speak with a day.

Advice to Management

Don't always be in it for the money and stats. I know that the company knows that a lot of the participants have decent insurance to get their basic blood work done every year so forcing the in- and outbound to try to undermine customers to pay an extra two to three hundred dollars more so that they can get procedures done when they can just get it from their doctors and it's covered by their insurance.

It hurts a lot of the hard working employee's spirit, mind, ambition and bodies.. including myself. No one really seemed to care about the calls rep's that needed to go to the hospital once if not three times a WEEK from the amount of stress the upper staff puts on them everyday. It's immoral.. It reminds of the people we have running the government these days..

"Dont do it"

Current Employee - Assistant Team Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Team Manager

I have been working at Life Line Screening (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing really is good about the company

Cons

Everything from management to greed to poor employee concern

Advice to Management

Care about your employees

10. "Great company to work for that values their employees"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Life Line Screening full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Privately owned and don't have to work for a client. I'm not treated like a number my employer works to have a personal relationship with me and pushes me towards success. I feel valued and part of a team. I feel like my ideas and thoughts matter.

Cons

Technology is a little behind but this companies potential is amazing with the leaders that are in place. This company is going to do nothing but get larger.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide growth opportunities for your employees. Continue to treat people like humans and not numbers. Continue to hold yourself to higher standards than other call centers in Stark County and be the employees of choice in the area.