Find jobs for Certified Personal Trainer

3.2
Life Time Chairman, President, and CEO Bahram Akradi
Bahram Akradi

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Life Time and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Dec 21, 2021 - Certified Personal Trainer in Montvale, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great coworkers, awesome environment to work in!

Cons

All commission can be tough

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Cult-like "Healthy Way of Life"

Apr 17, 2022 - Certified Personal Trainer in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very positive, and driven energy especially from new people, and then of course people making great commission. The right people are great to work with. I would say front line workers in all departments are the most pleasant to be around.

Cons

Majority of leadership and upper management has $$$$$$ for eyeballs. Money drives this company. Sales and numbers. But they do an excellent job of hiding that behind the mask of "Helping the members." Don't get me wrong, the products and a lot of the testing and things like that really do work. But anyone who has "made it" in this company, has made it by putting the member's needs 2nd, and the money first. That is the only way to climb the ladder.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Depends on club you work at

Apr 25, 2022 - Certified Personal Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great facility and ammenities. Typically a higher income client base.

Cons

Commission rate is trash and very competitve in the club to get clients when you're new

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Starting Point, Not a Fit For Me Long Term

Oct 21, 2021 - Certified Personal Trainer in Fishers, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

They, just like other Box Gyms, provide a good starting place for new trainers. I started at Life Time as my first job out of college and without much formal training experience. I got lucky with my managers who were fairly willing to sit down with me and offer advice and feedback on my training programs.

Cons

I don't feel that Life Time compensates the trainers fairly. Working in Indiana, I got $10/hr with the promise of commission if I sold enough to earn more than the hourly rate in a month. The most clients I ever had at a time there were 8, all of whom were being charged around $70-$80/hr to train with me, but I never made enough to earn commission. With a college degree in exercise and wellness and seeing Target pay their cashiers more than the $10/hr I made, it was difficult to stay for longer than a year.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of earning potential. Well-being of staff no longer a priority. This company has been consumed by making $$$$$$

Oct 25, 2021 - Certified Personal Trainer in Gaithersburg, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're willing to work hard and utilize all the earning opportunities, there's a good bit of money to be made working at Life Time.

Cons

It seems that as more time goes on, the company's main focus is on making more and more money and less on the quality of training or the well being of its staff. I have seen awful things being instructed via trainers to clients that are paying top dollar. I have seen trainers hired who aren't even certified to train. Managers have told trainers they don't care if they are good trainers, "just sell training". I have heard management tell staff that working out was not allowed if certain revenue goals aren't being met. In fact, staff was told they were not allowed to leave the building for a break if certain revenue goals weren't being met. During my time there, I saw staff come, work out less and gain weight under the stress of the extreme revenue producing pressure and lack of work life balance. Many staff would leave less healthy than they were when they started at Life Time. This goes completely counter to their "healthy way of life" motto.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Lifetime Personal Trainer

Jan 10, 2022 - Certified Personal Trainer/Group Insutructor in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Client facing, experience in fitness industry, best pay per session

Cons

Poor management, semi-flexible schedule, no base pay outside of commission

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

It's Great.

Jul 31, 2021 - Certified Personal Trainer in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

High-level continued education opportunities take you from average to great. As a new trainer, I struggled with finding my nitch. With so many resources, Lifetime gave me the support and tools to become a top-tier trainer.

Cons

You have to commit more hours than full-time to be successful. Be ready to dedicate days off, holidays, and after-hours to acquire the clients needed to make a decent living. Often, you will be graded on performance.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place

Aug 18, 2021 - Certified Personal Trainer in Woodbury, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cut throat but if you're ready to grind, you will love it. Hard work gets the job done here. Work at it every day.

Cons

Can be very intense to hit budget sometimes. Similar to any other job, heavily based on sales and performance. I really enjoyed it though

9. 4.0

Solid Company

Sep 7, 2021 - Certified Personal Trainer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, and well constructed clubs.

Cons

Poor professional development and lack of long term continuing education support.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

okay

Aug 2, 2021 - Certified Personal Trainer in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

working in a gym, upbeat vibe, overall a positive experience with hiring, flexible schedule that you can change pretty easily

Cons

the pay is low, the work day hours can be long, base pay is removed after 100 days and getting your sales up in a grind for little reward

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews