Life Time Fitness Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Life Time Fitness Chairman, President, and CEO Bahram Akradi
Bahram Akradi

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours to establish an effective business and rapport with potential clients (in 93 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't have proper knowledge of the department which makes things tough at times (in 59 reviews)

1. "Growing, growing....love it."

Current Employee - Facilities Operations Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Facilities Operations Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very diverse and fun group of people. Most employees I meet have an awesome attitude and a determined mindset on where they are currently and what they'd like to accomplish in the future.

The atmosphere of each club varies and is different based on when I go to each club, but team members are usually kind and mostly welcoming, even when they find out you're a team member and work for the company just as they do.

The architecture of the clubs are wonderfully beautiful and calming. Lighting varies based on each club and the rooms you work out in and how the locker rooms are set up, but I've never been one to complain about it.

There are an endless amount of people you can connect and meet in the Life Time member and team member community, I enjoy the club scene and the free weights area specifically since I meet most of my Life Time friends and connections when I'm working out.

Overall, I love Life Time and everything they stand for and offer to their members and team members. It's a growing industry in itself apart from the Health, Wellness, Fitness Industry the world has already created and collaborated on. Life Time's team member benefits are only going to get better as the company grows and as the influx of revenue increases trhoughout time.

I will say it would be nice to receive certain benefits as team members reach each milestone (5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years, etc.) since commitment is what this company stands most firm on and how it's represented and stressed on to both its members and team members throughout the Life Time community.

Attrition is also key to maintaining a great team member community for each Life Time club since members are always happy to see the team members they make relationships with and having them work with those members for as long as possible to keep customer satisfaction consistent and high.

Life Time rocks!

Cons

Being apart of the Health, Wellness, Fitness Industry, it's tough to deal with people (specifically some, but not all personal trainers and yoga instructors at times) who come off as acting better than everyone else and usually shutting out certain people in their bubble of communication due to possibly being or feeling threatened by those who are just as good as being a trainer or yoga instructor as they are or even being really in shape (not tooting my own horn, but I take a lot of pride into making my physique look great since its been a passion of mine since middle school to stay in the best of shape).

Other than some jealousy which floats around the club at times, people are very welcoming and usually very interested in meeting other team members, both part time and full time and growing together as a Life Time community.

Advice to Management

As far as advice goes to management, I would increase the difficulty and stress more on the importance of the interviewing process for ALL job descriptions at Life Time clubs and Corporate center. Good attitude goes a long way in a company, and even though we all have our bad days, we need team members who can perform beyond the bad day they're having and leave personal issues at the door upon entering the club or Corporate center for their shift.

I would also stress more on the importance of team member communication between departments and how proper verbal communication is needed at all times, slow and busy, summer or winter, for departments to keep their team members and attrition rates low to be able to focus on team member benefits in the long run and to maintain fresh, familiar faces for members to see on a daily, seasonal and yearly basis.

Thank you.

2. "Not bad at all"

Current Freelancer - Ultimate Hoops Referee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Freelancer - Ultimate Hoops Referee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Life Time Fitness (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and free membership

Cons

Need tighter rules for players

3. "Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free membership for employees, great group of people to work with, fun environment

Cons

Lessons are evenings and Saturday's so can take away from family time for those with children

4. "Camp Consular"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-free platinum membership
    -they want you to be healthy
    -pretty flexible
    -access to every lifetime

Cons

-pretentious atmosphere from other employees or customers
    -besides that nothing else really is a problem

Advice to Management

Work professionally, but do not strive to be as pretentious as most of the customers

5. "Enjoyed my time"

Former Employee - Head Lifeguard in Warrenville, IL
    Former Employee - Head Lifeguard in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team is very inviting and energetic. Everyone is there to help you and will assist you with anything you need. If your new their is always someone their to increase your skills.

Cons

none that I can think of. Had a great time and enjoyed the managers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. I enjoyed my time and will recommend it to others looking for a job.

6. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Esthetician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Esthetician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clients, co-workers, atmosphere, dream job!

Cons

Spend too much money in the cafe.

7. "Lifetime has provided me with a part time manager position during college that I couldn't be more grateful for."

Current Employee - LifeCafe Assistant Department Head in Burr Ridge, IL
    Current Employee - LifeCafe Assistant Department Head in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay, people , environment , discounts , and management attitude is great. I also loved how much overtime was available in the summers for my position.

Cons

It has a lot of the normal cons of a job , no job is perfect . Overall the good outweighs the bad here.

Advice to Management

As for the cafe we need to invest in more capital investments. Such as new floors every 10 years , order screens so we don't lose tickets , and an office for all cafe managers so we don't have to do paperwork next to the coffee station .

"LOVE LTF, 10/10 would recommend"

Current Employee - Aquatics Supervisor in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Aquatics Supervisor in Troy, MI

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Life Time Fitness is by far the best company I have had the pleasure of working for. I currently work as a Supervisor in Aquatics in Troy, MI. I have had many jobs before my employment at LTF, including local community centers, & Goldfish Swim School and my experiences with this company have been life altering. Life Time has not only taught me how to handle any costumer service issue thrown my way with a smile on my face, but so far in my 1 year 1 month journey, I have learned more about the health/fitness industry than I have ever known in my entire life. This is a company that truly wants to see you succeed in your personal goals, as well as the company and does love to promote from within. I truly believe Life Time is the (well deserved) leader of the health and fitness industry, and can't wait to see what is in store for us in the upcoming years.

Cons

Starting off, you are paid a base wage which is typical for every company you could work for. Lifetime wages are based off of a points scale. Meaning, the better you do in different areas of your job the more points you earn. Your wage is then evaluated every quarter (3 months), based on the amount of points you earn. Truly your work ethic is your wage determining factor.

9. "Best All Inclusive Fitness Club"

Current Employee - Swim/Rock Climbing Instructor in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Swim/Rock Climbing Instructor in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A wide variety of activities offered: Lifting, Swimming, Group Fitness Classes, Basketball, raquetball, Rock climbing, Cycling, Kids Activity Center
    Additional extras make time spent pleasant: Life Spa and Cafe
    All equipment is updated and new
    Large Facility hosts many events
    Many locations found throughout US and memberships are transferable for each club location

Cons

Higher price than most other facilities: ~90$/month per person
    Specialized activities such as tennis, skiing, and etc are only offered in certain clubs

Advice to Management

Hosting additional programs to rock climbing in order to increase awareness and long term company profit

10. "Lifetime Fitness"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Get a free membership out of it- HUGE perk. The people are so kind and fun to work with. You are around people who want to better themselves, and that it truly inspirational.

Cons

Absolutely no cons. I have worked there for three years, and have nothing bad to say about it. Maybe except for the fact that since it is a fitness club we don't typically get holidays off- and we don't get time and a half for working on holidays.

Showing 248 of 1,740 reviews