Life Time Fitness Reviews | Glassdoor

Life Time Fitness Chairman, President, and CEO Bahram Akradi
Bahram Akradi

1,554 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours during summer and it can be hectic with kids at times (in 88 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't have proper knowledge of the department which makes things tough at times (in 53 reviews)

1. "Great Company, Great Employer"

Former Employee - Sales Department Head in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Department Head in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Promoted a healthy way of life

Cons

i worked long hours, not enough accountability to thoes who did not

Advice to Management

need a regional HR that travels to field

2. "It is a very welcoming place where the employees are always happy and eager to help someone in need."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Pros

Exciting experience. Motivating nature. Gives you that at home gym feeling. Chance to meet new people. Great coworkers. Gym has everything from basktball courts, rock climbing walls, jacuzzis, indoor and outdoor pools, hair/nail salon, and even a cafe.

Cons

Alot of standing and walking around.

Advice to Management

no advice. they are on top of everything that goes on and they support their employees 100 percent.

3. "Great Place to Launch and Grow Your Career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Pros

Life Time Fitness offers employees:

A Fun Team Environment
    Fast Paced Work Pace
    Changing Atmosphere
    Rapid Growth
    Unbeatable Employees
    Beautiful Facilities!

Cons

Overall, I can't think of any cons. The hours can be lengthy at times, but I enjoy the work that I do so the hours often fly by!

Advice to Management

Life Time Fitness has excellent leaders who keep their teams informed on company initiatives and aligned with the mission and vision of LTF. We have exceptional managers!

5. "Love it"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Life Time Fitness offers the best fitness facilities I have ever seen for both members and employees. I've worked for more than one location and visited several others and had great experiences at all of them.

Cons

The facilities are so big that it can be intimidating to new gym members. I can see how someone may get the impression that the fitness staff is unfriendly HOWEVER its because they are busy trainer clients. They have highly qualified trainers with a high success rate for helping members reach their goals.

6. "Life Time Fitness"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Energetic environment for people that like change and can give a lot of advancement opportunities. Most people are there because they really like their job and want to make a difference.

Cons

Life Time is always trying to get better, which means there are new initiatives launching constantly. This change can either be viewed as a positive or can be a large struggle for some.

Advice to Management

Be careful with how much is rolling out to the clubs from the corporate office and make sure there is a logical communication plan for the changes.

7. "There is no place to pursue your dreams like Life Time Fitness!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Life Time Fitness is the right fit for me because they truly let you determine your career path. Although my tenor with the company is three and a half short years I have been able to achieve the position of General Manager! Life Time Fitness provides great communication with guidelines and standard operating procedures that makes my daily, weekly, and monthly activites efficent and impactful. Every team member in the building has the opportunity to make there career dreams come true.

Cons

Work life balance is VERY hard to achieve, even when you are on PTOyou are never really off. Also,when you lose a manager there is no back up plan given or supported to get you through until you find anew manager.

Advice to Management

Our innovation is non-stop which is inspiring and overwhleming at the same time

8. "My Life Time"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love working for innovative, caring company that truly puts the member and team member first... Life Time recognized my potential early and supplied me with specific management training after I proved high level of performance... I can see myself retiring from Life Time! Team members can expect a performance-based culture, high-pace work environment that daily strives to exceed our members' expectations

Cons

Can be long hours initially - but if you put in the right amount of time with the right focus, it's definitely worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! And keep building clubs!!

9. "Great Energy and people with great products and services."

Current Employee - Assistant Department Head in Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Department Head in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work because you are working with like minded people. Ex athletes, health and fitness pros. There is a lot of satisfaction in helping people.

Cons

benefits and commission based salary. You make your money off of sales. If you have a slow month you feel it in your paycheck. Benefits are weak. The insurance and 401K matching in sub par in my opinion.

Advice to Management

None

10. "What we find in the Laundry Room!!"

Current Employee - Laundry in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Laundry in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lost and Found Clothing
    Pay
    Benefits
    Laundry Room
    Machines

Cons

None
    Nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

You don't need to update anything because it's all good! Since I work for the Laundry room, I go into the Women's Locker Room and get the wet/dirty towels. Every single day I find different articles of clothing left in the locker room. Everyday I find: winter jackets, swim wear such as 1 piece swimsuits and 2 piece bikini swimsuits, pants, shirts, hats, and more. When we find any article of clothing we're required to bring it to the Laundry Room and immediate deposit it into the washing machine. After everything is done in the washing machine we throw it in the dryer for a few hours on high heat. Lot's of people come about 30 minutes later after we picked up their clothing and think they can get it back immediately but aren't able to until we process the item (which means iron the item). I have had a lot of teenage girls coming to me because they say they put (either) their winter jacket or swim suit by the sinks while they're in the shower. I explain to them everyday that they have to put the clothing in the locker while they're in the shower because it's automatically taken when it's by the sinks. There have been a few occasions where people throw a lost swimsuit or winter jacket in the towel hamper too and we discover that in the laundry room. If the lost clothing isn't claimed the day it was originally taken, we have to launder it again the next day for 30 days...then Goodwill comes and picks everything up. I have seen a lot of teenage girls drying their 2 piece bikini swimsuits with the hair dryers and find that weird.

11. "Great workers, helpful management, great customers, endless opportunity"

Current Employee - Life Cafe Team Member in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Life Cafe Team Member in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly, caring staff in all departments, fun and energetic environment

Cons

Very high-class clientele sometimes makes it hard to please them, even when service and products are already provided at above average.

Showing 1,554 of 1,569 reviews