Life Time Fitness Reviews | Glassdoor

1,634 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,634 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours, low pay for the job (in 90 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't have proper knowledge of the department which makes things tough at times (in 55 reviews)

"Work, work, work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people to collaborate with, you have opportunity to grow and move around the US, fast pace environment, learn how to multi-task and change on a dime. The perks of getting to workout during your work day and be involved with community.

Cons

long work weeks, sometimes the work load is intense and expectancy to make things right for members or to change your numbers within a days notice. Communication at times lacks between different departments when they are supposed to be collaborating together so there aren't mixed signals to members and guests.

Advice to Management

clear expectations and succession plans for each employee, believe in the managers you have in place or station corp members in the club until find a new replacement, the work load needs to be divided more between manager and assistants.

2. "Terrible Managment"

Former Employee - Front Desk in Harrison, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Harrison, NY

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free membership...that's about it.

Cons

Hours are bad and they give you zero flexibility. If you have a problem with a coworker, but they're friends with a manager, nothing will get solved. They expect you to clean up messes and help gym members when you're there on your free time, and if you don't they yell at you. Double standards for anyone who is friends with managers, you could be yelled at for dress code, but a coworker will not. Managers are rude and condicending. My often would not get a break, but when I complained I was told that there is no time during the day for me to have a break. On the rare occasion I was allowed a break, I would constantly be called on the walkie to get back even when my break was no where near being over. And again, if you were friends with a manager, you could take as many breaks for however long you liked. They also expect you go keep up with their emails and "education" during your off time, absolutely ridiculous for $10 an hour.

Advice to Management

Stop with the buddy-buddy crap between managers and employees. Rules should be followed by everyone. FYI I didn't put the correct last year worked as I know the people who are still there are big enough jerks to still annoy me.

3. "horrible"

Current Employee - Facilities in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Facilities in Austin, TX

I have been working at Life Time Fitness (More than a year)

Pros

none unless you are full time

Cons

you will hate this job, believe me

5. "Not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place if you like fitness and living a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Way to much asked with increasingly lower compensation year over year. not feeling valued for the work or tenure of employment.

Advice to Management

revisit the company culture and ethics, to reinstate a degree of trust and professionalism in the work place.

"Swim Supervisor"

Current Employee - Swim Supervisor in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Swim Supervisor in Cary, NC

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pros about working at Life Time are being about to working with children who enjoy swim lessons. My boss is a great guy who gives me great hours.

Cons

The Cons of working at Life Time are the rules of the swim department. The contract that is signed by parents of the children taking swim lessons are confusing and should be rewritten for everyone to understand that you have to cancel 30 days in advance.

Advice to Management

Be straight forward when it comes to answering parents who are frustrated and make sure every swim lessons instructor understand the rules of the pool.

"Account Manager- Sales"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity for bonuses
    Good opportunity for growth
    If you're passionate about health and fitness their mission statement/ideology is something you can really get behind
    If you plan to grow with the company they will support you and help you along the way

Cons

Work life balance- I work 45-50 hours a week. No opportunity for overtime pay. Benefits are awful. No maternity leave- if you don't pay into short term disability you're out of luck if you get pregnant. No opportunity for paid holidays for some leaderships positions unless you use PTO. PTO is the only available option to get time off- no sick, personal, or vacation time. The only consistent thing with this company is change. They change any and everything they want at the drop of a hat. They "re-budget" to change bonuses constantly even when you think they're set in place with little to no explanation. My compensation plan has changed twice and I've only been with the company a year.

Advice to Management

Take care of your front line employees and they will take care of you!

8. "Hospitality Team Member"

Former Employee - Operations Team Member in Algonquin, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Team Member in Algonquin, IL

Pros

Working with Robin was an absolute pleasure. Scheduling and hours were more than accommodating to my schedule. You get to use the gym for free!

Cons

None that I can think of right now

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!

9. "Fun atmosphere"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Orland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free membership, Nice employees, Good hours

Cons

Dirty work (cleaning bathrooms, etc.)

Advice to Management

n/a

10. "Facility Operations Team Member at Lifetime Fitness"

Former Employee - Facility Operations in Parker, CO
    Former Employee - Facility Operations in Parker, CO

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free membership with employment, management wanting the place super clean

Cons

Low pay, expecting the place to be super clean with very little time for excellence, management sometimes treats someone closer to mid-life like a child that doesn't know much.

Advice to Management

Treat people equally, make time for the excellence you expect and pay for it.

11. "Personal Trainer"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Education, competitive pay for trainers, opportunity for flexible schedule and room for growth within the company.

Cons

100 percent commission for trainers, heavy sales initiatives.

Showing 1,634 of 1,649 reviews