LifeCare Hospitals Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 16, 2017

1.0
Jim Murray

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There was a good work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Team work with staff, decent pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work with little to no gratitude from management (in 3 reviews)

• Its very hard to provide excellent patient care when this occurs (in 3 reviews)

1. "Disheartening"

Pros

Solid therapists, huge amount of talent and compassion. Decent PTO if you don't have to use it for flexing time off due to budget

Cons

Budget dictates everything. Patients aren't provided individual attention or treatment based on need. Constant micromanaging treatment times. Administration dictates how long treatment sessions will be

Advice to Management

Educate managers and supervisors on appropriate communication. "Scare tactics" and blatant intimidation do not work with educated professionals

"Rehab"

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great rehab team, work well together and like-minded to bring the best customer care and treat patients like people not just a number

Cons

Company cares more about $$ than caring for people, scapegoating, gossip, poor politics. Hard work with little to no gratitude from management. Most staff under qualified to treat properly at this level of care. Poor support from nursing staff(supervisors) to assist rehab outcomes and truly help people return to prior level of care

Advice to Management

Should have quality education and procedures for daily care especially with nurse aides. Hold employees to a higher standard of care and help staff feel pride and appreciated-to in turn provide better care with empathy and sacrifice. Hold monthly all staff meetings to create a stronger team and review real issues. Supervisors mostly seem to brush complaints under the rug.

"CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - CNA in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros. Never send any of your love ones here. You will regret it. Trust me. They don't care about your love ones just your money.

Cons

A disgrace. No teamwork. None of the nurses care about their patients. They are disgusting. Uncaring humans taking care of your loved ones. This chain of hospitals really need to be shut down.

Advice to Management

Need to just shut all of the Shreveport Campuses down

4. "If LifeCare bought you....."

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

there are no pros at this time

Cons

bought us out from great company,( six hospitals) to avoid competition. Then began to treat these employees with disrespect. reduced hours, less pay then original Lifecare employees. Said we didn't know how to run a hospital, after THEY filed bankruptcy!!! Cancelled us only to bring original employees to work our shift. ( please read Mechanicsburg review). Then they closed our campus. all employees gone from original hospital, but kept the employees LIFECARE hired.

Advice to Management

you can't keep CEO's, COO's. you blame YOUR failures beginning with KATRINA. You bought LTACH's only to close them, devastating those employees. Maybe you should CLOSE ALL YOUR HOSPITALS....and stop your dirty deeds. KARMA holds no preferences.

"Lvn"

Former Employee - LVN in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - LVN in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There was always team work, and good communication

Cons

After so many years there, everyone lost the communication and teamwork became very poor.

Advice to Management

Always consider the employees suggestions, and keep that's comradory

"Clinical Liaison"

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

Good team to work for.

Cons

Management did not support the Marketing Team

"favoritism, blinders and scapegoating"

Pros

Great patient care, great hours

Cons

No mentoring as promised, scapegoat for senior leader who was trying to save own job.

"Porter"

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

People are nice up there

Cons

The diector sucks bad don't do enough to help staff and plays dumb don't fill out application for the kitchen in 7 years i been there was the wrost years of my life now looking for a fresh start

"Management Team Unprofessional"

Pros

Pretty good pay, at first

Cons

New CEO disrespects women. Always trying to short your time. Not patient focused. Constant meetings, micromanagement, offensive demands. Just looking out for his own bonus, doesn't care about good patient care. You will end up not getting the hours they promise at hire.You will have a lot more and sicker patients than they promise you, and the charting is ridiculous. The health insurance is cheap but very poor plan.

Advice to Management

Stop paying guys a lot of money just because they are men. Do well by doing good, not by promoting micromanagers with no team building skills. Shreveport is not Ruston. Our doctors want excellence in care, lots of PT/OT/RT/dietary/speech/wound care, not some guys standing around talking about politics and religion. Don't embarass them in front of their patients by going dirt cheap on all supplies and materials and having things broken, crappy beds, short staffing.

"They are running us into the ground."

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

None. If I could have given zero stars, I would have.

Cons

They bought us from a company that was great to work for. They said they would show us "how a hospital is run." First, they declared bankruptcy, and now they are cutting back so much that full-time people are only getting about 25 hours a week. At this rate, I'll be out of PTO time soon. They still expect all the work to get done, but in much less time, with fewer people. Morale is terrible. They took a great hospital and they ruined it.

Advice to Management

I have been told that a casual employee has to stay on the schedule in place of me, even though I am full-time and my hours have been cut back severely. I was told that we have to keep the casuals happy, or we won't have them when we need them. That implies that casuals are more important to you than full-time people. Why is that? Is it because you don't have to pay for their benefits or give them raises? Do you really think people aren't going to figure this out? If you want casuals so bad, be careful what you wish for, because you will end up with only casuals and part-timers when all your full-time employees get disgusted and leave.