LifeCare Hospitals Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Corporate Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LifeCare was one of the most flexible and rewarding environments I've ever been in. I was able to learn so many things with this company because they weren't "over-layered" with unnecessary positions. They ran lean and mean, which allowed me to learn so many things I wouldn't have been able to touch in a larger environment. The healthcare industry is being squeezed everywhere, and LifeCare did a great job of keeping the lights on while still trying to take care of it's employees. I had to leave to go to another company to realize that the Senior Leadership team at LifeCare is one-of-a-kind. Good, salt of the earth people, that know what they're doing.

Cons

As with any lean company, you can be over-worked sometimes, but it was well worth it to learn so many things at the start of my career.

Advice to Management

Continue practices of employee engagement. Your Mentorship Program and Employee Assistance Fund were great additions in 2016. :)

2. "STAFF PHARMACIST"

Current Employee - PRN Pharmacist in Pewaukee, WI
    Current Employee - PRN Pharmacist in Pewaukee, WI

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the pharmacy director and the pharmacy staff. The nursing staff is wonderful. The hours I work are very good and the job pays well. The cafeteria is excellent and the parking is convenient

Cons

It is a long drive

"Premier LTACH in Pittsburgh"

Current Employee - Administrative Nurse Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative Nurse Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

LifeCare Hospitals has a great organizational model they promote from within and are eager to offer professional advancement

Cons

LTACH setting isn't for all nurses it's challenging and being for profit organization also has a bit of ethical questions for some

5. "Great Work Environment"

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Environment, Family Atmosphere, Great Coworkers

Cons

None that I have seen!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Happy employees make for a happy place to work!

6. "I would be proud to recommend LifeCare to anyone because it is a great organization!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

They care about your thoughts and feelings. They promote growth in the company. They provide excellent patient care. I would bring my family here for treatment. You receive support from Corporate down and you are not just a number.

Cons

I would like to see the company continue to grow and become number one in the nation.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding the employees and holding people accountable and promoting team work because we know it works.