LifeCare Hospitals Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LifeCare Hospitals President, Chief Operating Officer Frank Battafarano
CEO

"Awesome co workers, lousy management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

Great co workers, supportive immediate supervisors

Cons

Complete lack of respect and appreciation for hourly employees, constant change in policy and procedures without impact evaluation, a "blame the employee" mentality when things go wrong without considering staffing and resource deficits, accomadation of one group of employees at teh expense of others.

Advice to Management

Encourage HONEST feedback from employees, consider the possibility that we do our jobs every day, we may have a good idea of what works and what doesn't. Quit playing divide and conquer by pittng shifts and rotations against one another. Focus on real issues, instead of using created ones as a smolescreen.

"The "no tolerance policy" should be "we tolerate aggresive,abusive,and disruptive behaviors""

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dayton, OH

Pros

Great co-workers, long time friendships.

Cons

Being told to clock out and then finish my work. Being yelled at in front of my peers. Being so disruptive on a daily basis that it is almost impossible to get work done. Everyday having a different focus on a new process none which envoles patient care. Being pitted against other departments. Only caring about how many patients we can get in an not about taking care of the ones we have, and finally you only have a chance for promotion if your a male.

Advice to Management

Support the hospital as a whole, and open your eyes to what's really going on.

"Horrendous!!!! They do not care about there employees at all!!!!!"

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Mechanicsburg, PA

Pros

I'm sorry but the only reason I work for them is because our previous co was purchased by them & I had no choice. I was optimistic when they took over but that is gone. There horrible & could care less about there employees & in turn that directly reflects on how much they care about the patients in the facility

Cons

Absolutely everything!!!!! The turn over since they came is insane & they just don't care. They cut our hours tremendously & being a hired full time employee being forced to use all our PTO & dealing w unacceptable loss of hours( like 20-25 per pay) has really taken it's toll on everyone. They treat us like slaves wanting 1 person to handle a patient load of like 15-20 patients is not ok nor safe. All they care about is there bottom line apparently not realising that the employees are the face of there hospital & when u work them to death & treat them like garbage how are we supposed todo our job adequately & gi e the patients the care they allare paying for & deserve. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this hospital & that is very sad because before they came along I as well as many others loved there job now it's just where we go to pay our bills. I've talked to corporate regarding this & they don't care In the least.

Advice to Management

Show the people who run your hospital (ie the employees) the respect we've earned & deserve & know it's not all about you. The patients are the priority & maybe if u wanted your hospital to be more successful you would act that way. I wish someone would take your hours from youikd you've done to us so you could see what your doing

"CEO WORTHLESS AND HAS SURROUNDED HIMSELF WITH MINDLESS FOLLOWERS"

Former Employee - Management in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Management in Dayton, OH

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Humm, give me a minute

Cons

Management from the Local CEO Down completely cliqueish, undereducated and undertrained. In short a complete clusterfunk. The CEO shows up less than 50% of the time, blows hot air, his management team, with only a notable exception or two, is made up of third stringers that couldn't get hired anywhere else. Corporate tolerates and condones this.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

"They are running us into the ground."

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

None. If I could have given zero stars, I would have.

Cons

They bought us from a company that was great to work for. They said they would show us "how a hospital is run." First, they declared bankruptcy, and now they are cutting back so much that full-time people are only getting about 25 hours a week. At this rate, I'll be out of PTO time soon. They still expect all the work to get done, but in much less time, with fewer people. Morale is terrible. They took a great hospital and they ruined it.

Advice to Management

I have been told that a casual employee has to stay on the schedule in place of me, even though I am full-time and my hours have been cut back severely. I was told that we have to keep the casuals happy, or we won't have them when we need them. That implies that casuals are more important to you than full-time people. Why is that? Is it because you don't have to pay for their benefits or give them raises? Do you really think people aren't going to figure this out? If you want casuals so bad, be careful what you wish for, because you will end up with only casuals and part-timers when all your full-time employees get disgusted and leave.

"Management Team Unprofessional"

Pros

Pretty good pay, at first

Cons

New CEO disrespects women. Always trying to short your time. Not patient focused. Constant meetings, micromanagement, offensive demands. Just looking out for his own bonus, doesn't care about good patient care. You will end up not getting the hours they promise at hire.You will have a lot more and sicker patients than they promise you, and the charting is ridiculous. The health insurance is cheap but very poor plan.

Advice to Management

Stop paying guys a lot of money just because they are men. Do well by doing good, not by promoting micromanagers with no team building skills. Shreveport is not Ruston. Our doctors want excellence in care, lots of PT/OT/RT/dietary/speech/wound care, not some guys standing around talking about politics and religion. Don't embarass them in front of their patients by going dirt cheap on all supplies and materials and having things broken, crappy beds, short staffing.

"Porter"

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

People are nice up there

Cons

The diector sucks bad don't do enough to help staff and plays dumb don't fill out application for the kitchen in 7 years i been there was the wrost years of my life now looking for a fresh start

"favoritism, blinders and scapegoating"

Pros

Great patient care, great hours

Cons

No mentoring as promised, scapegoat for senior leader who was trying to save own job.

"Clinical Liaison"

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros

Good team to work for.

Cons

Management did not support the Marketing Team

"Lvn"

Former Employee - LVN in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - LVN in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There was always team work, and good communication

Cons

After so many years there, everyone lost the communication and teamwork became very poor.

Advice to Management

Always consider the employees suggestions, and keep that's comradory