LifeLock Reviews | Glassdoor

LifeLock CEO Greg Clark
Greg Clark
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company Culture, Good Benefits, Location, A fun atmosphere to work in (in 14 reviews)

• the work life balance here is very manageable (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • To individually based number reporting and a complete lack of work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management was more concerned with metrics than providing one call resolution (in 6 reviews)

1. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at LifeLock full-time

Pros

Room to grow and advance to different departments.

Cons

Communication was sometimes delayed in reaching representatives answering members inquiry calls.

"Implementation Manager"

I have been working at LifeLock full-time

Pros

innovative, fast growing, great environment

Cons

more bureaucratic since merger w/ Symantec

Advice to Management

Keep it up

3. "Fulfilling and advancement opportunities"

Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Upper management is invested in their employees, and seem genuine in wanting to provide world class customer service.

Cons

Currently outsourcing a variety of positions.

4. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

I don't have any cons

5. "Member Services"

I have been working at LifeLock full-time

Pros

Culture, growth, people, views and innovative

Cons

No cons to share at this time

"Back in the day it was a great company"

Former Employee - Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Founder era when doing the right thing was valued & hard work was rewarded was great, later you got paid because you were a FOH. Member services agents work incredibly hard & used to get recognized for it.

Cons

When the place became overrun by greedy Californians who filled their pockets and talked about culture but contributed to the demise of a once great company..such a shame. Repeating great quotes like "culture eats strategy for lunch" doesn't hide the fact that mgmt doesn't walk the talk.

Advice to Management

Note to Symantec: do the right thing, reward the employees working hard to keep LifeLock best in class, not the management that has their own agenda.

7. "Growth and changes in leadership caused negative changes"

Former Employee - Alerts Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Alerts Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful newly remodeled location. Great team-building activities. Great benefits including a generous 401-K match.

Cons

Upper management was more concerned with metrics than providing one call resolution. Intimidation and threat of termination used instead of providing feedback and proper coaching. HR did not respond to multiple requests for assistance in the matter.

Advice to Management

Keep the customer interaction at the focus instead of metrics. Treat employees as humans instead of just a number. Provide coaching and encouragement to employees instead of threats.

"Missing it.. but wouldn't go back now that it's Symantec."

Former Employee - Implementation Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Implementation Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and pay. Room for growth, but only if you have the right manager. Flexible work/life balance.

Cons

Managers and the "Good Ol' Boys" club, make it hard to get bonuses. There's no consistency among any of them. They also have no issues giving one person all of the workload.

Advice to Management

VP and up, you need to make things consistent with all managers and ensure they have the willpower to hold themselves to it.

9. "Fraud Analyst"

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room for growth, good culture

Cons

Inconsistent management, people in and out, could train employees more

"Call Center Agent"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at LifeLock full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team I worked with were very good people. They did their best to be positive in a bad situation.

Cons

Management have their heads on a proverbial chopping block due to a corporate buy out, and are pushing numbers so hard that people that have worked at this company for years are being pushed out, purposefully. I understand that production needs to go up in a lot of areas, but when no effort is being made to streamline processes, or truly fix the utter lack of training here, it shows the current employees that they are going to be held accountable for things their managers do not want to take responsibility for. Many managers, who do not even possess any kind of degree, schooling for management, or actual job qualifications, that would make the assumption that they have knowledge that the floor personnel don't, make sweeping generalizations about the quality of work on the floor. Leaders LEAD, managers bark orders. We have managers, and are completely devoid of leadership.

They have moved away from customer service to sales based number reporting. Which, given the takeover by Symantec, makes sense that the corporate heads want numbers. However, when you hear managers using phrases like "cutting the fat" regarding PEOPLE that work for them, you start to feel like you don't matter at all.

The budgets have been slashed, the bonus structure has been practically obliterated, flex schedules have been taken away and our every two weeks pay has been removed and replaced with twice a month. And they find new reasons to blame employees. Not one manager has given credence since the beginning of the year to how much numbers overall have risen or how much more work everyone here (that is left) is doing. No, they just want more. Let me tell you something, they don't pay us enough for MORE. Especially when a lot of the production issues are systemic within the company.

This went from being one of the best places to work in the valley; a company that prided itself on support of it's employees and the culture of TEAMWORK. To individually based number reporting and a complete lack of work/life balance.

HR is absolutely abhorrent, they truly epitomize Steve Job's quote, "I have never met an HR person with more than a mediocre personality." They are here to file paperwork, do not consider them for help with anything. Ever. They sit up in their corner, but don't do anything to make this place better. Human resources lost its human face with those women. Truly.

This is just another call center now. If that isn't your thing, don't come here. We are no longer Lifelock employees. We are numbers next to a spreadsheet on some Symantec big wig's desk.

And don't get it twisted. We have ALL attempted to make positive changes for our teams and make it so this place didn't lose every bit of what it once was. We lost. And the fall out is going to be a high turnover in coming years and very little accountability by the management staff.

Putting in your resignation is basically you telling them you are ready to leave. They do not honor your commitment to two weeks but walk you out the door shamefully.

Career opportunities are at a stand still. Symantec wants to cut its spending and have instituted that no new employees are to on board and therefore new opportunities are gone. There will not be upward mobility for some time.

Advice to Management

Put your people first. Take responsibility for systemic issues and stop punishing people for doing hard work. Leaders lead by example. Managers bark orders and blame employees for failures. We have managers here. We do not have leaders.