LifeOmic Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

5.0
LifeOmic CEO Donald E. Brown
Donald E. Brown
Pros
  • "I am extremely happy to be part of this team and working on difficult problems and on a cutting-edge cloud platform(in 6 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is well respected(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No 401k matching or HSA contribution(in 8 reviews)

• "There is no 401k match, which is to be expected of a small start-up organization(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best Place to Work!

May 12, 2021 - Senior Product Designer in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing leadership, great benefits, great pay, lots of opportunities, best technology, impressive diversity, great products, meaningful work.

Cons

I had to really, really think about this one because it's all so great, but since I need to put something in this section, here it is: Health Insurance is a high deductible one. I've worked in companies where they provide you with an HSA with preloaded funds (based on individual or family) and I would say that was a better deal than what we have here. BUT, I will also say that we switched my family to this insurance because my husband's has less coverage and is about $350/mo more expensive than this one. So, not the worst! I'm very happy here!

2. 5.0

Startup Company Unlike Any Other

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company that treats its employees as true partners and adults. Outstanding talent throughout the organization. Exciting product roadmaps that lend to an environment that you want to come to work every day - even if you are out on PTO. Supportive and collaborative co-workers make achieving goals easier than doing things on your own. Not only are the employees glad to be here, our customers are excited by what we provide to enhance and improve their processes.

Cons

As with any startup, direction changes often and it can be a challenge for some to keep up. It's an environment for those who like a challenge and a fluid structure.

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The company is truly product-led rather than sales-driven, which is refreshing in the current climate of VC overload - You get the best of both worlds; a small start-up feel with little to no red tape and small, scrappy teams, but larger company benefits like 401k matching, a wellness program, competitive maternity/paternity leave policy, nice offices, etc. - The culture encourages autonomy and taking ownership but also collaboration - good ideas come from anywhere and anyone can jump into anything. - An annual all-company week long retreat to the Uinta Mountains! Totally optional, but well worth it. - Working from home and flexibility is easy and a very accepted part of our team environment.

Cons

If you love the start-up environment, there would be no cons for you. Be prepared to change direction and move quickly! There's never a dull moment.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and learn

Apr 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'd echo the no-ego culture of other reviews, as well as the talent and drive of employees. Folks here are smart, driven, and genuinely helpful to new people. You can tell that the company's goal is to hire great people and let them work, which is very motivating. The CEO has a clear vision for the company which he shares openly during all-hands meetings. Even though we are all on Zoom there is a strong sense that teams are aligned. I've been really impressed with everyone. There is a ton happening here with a team of only around 100!

Cons

If you need a lot of structure and direction, this could be a challenging place to work. You will need to speak up if you need help or direction. Self-starters will thrive here.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Where have you been all my life?

Apr 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I mean... where do I even begin? My role is a bit unique at the company, as I am my own entity in a newly created position. I've had several jobs as a developer/engineer prior to my current position, as well as various other industries prior to LifeOmic and I can safely say that this is the best company I've been a part of. I felt spoiled by one manager I'd had previously, and my current manager is giving her a substantial run for her money. The biggest award-winning quality is that the company truly does walk it's talk. Most roles I've had, I haven't been reminded daily of why we do what we do... which leads to the tendency to not be as engaged or passionate about the work and the mission. Not the case here. On a daily basis, I feel inspired and grateful to be a part of a company who truly is looking to help people be the best version of themselves. Complete flexible work from home options, which sometimes can be a challenge. But LifeOmic is clearly well-practiced and prepared and encouraging to everyone on the team. The company sets you up for success. Our CEO and leadership team are highly transparent about the company as a whole, as well as day-to-day operations. No question is inappopriate or goes unanswered. Every bit of feedback is encouraged, considered and appreciated. The amount of trust displayed by the company to simply get work done is incredible. Not sure why so many other companies micro-manage to the extent that they do, because that feels like a lack of trust. I can't trust and feel inspired and motivated to work to my max unless I feel that trust. This is the best example of it that I have ever experienced. The company truly walks their talk as far as corporate wellness, and even incentivizes monetarily those who elect to take part in the wellness initiatives. As an avid outdoorsman, I am thrilled that my passion is such a huge part of the company and the team. On a personal level... how often do people in our culture not dread Mondays or are excited to get up and work every day? From my own experience, that is super rare. I can't wait to jump in every day and can't see myself working for anyone else.

Cons

.....not applicable (n/a feels like enough, but need to fulfill the requirements of at least 5 words)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Several years in and it's still an awesome place to be

Mar 24, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been here several years now and the company and culture are still just as awesome as when I started out. LifeOmic continues to be a company focused on its core mission of disrupting healthcare with a combination of science and technology. While our product portfolio has grown over the years it still points back to that common mission. Still hiring crazy talented, hard-working people. Still a refreshingly pragmatic, ego-free culture. Still super audacious in our goals. Still hosting epic company retreats :) Best company I've worked for by a mile.

Cons

As with any company, especially startups, you have more goals and things you want to do than you have resources. Prioritization can be hard and things are always left on the cutting-room floor. That also helps you stay focused.

7. 5.0

Big Vision Company with Many Paths to Success

Mar 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

LifeOmic is the best company I've worked for in my 20 years in industry, in culture, quality, and business potential. It has the vision for making big impact in both cutting-edge genomic medicine and personal health and wellness for millions. The company is strong in both science and tech. The culture is phenomenally positive, yet grounded in know-how and common sense. We are remarkably advanced in product maturity after only four years in business. The CEO has several prior successes under his belt, and it shows.

Cons

People who like the longer-term planning of a big company might not be comfortable here. LifeOmic maintains a great deal of business flexibility, which is awesome from my perspective, but not to everyone's taste. New products launched every year stemming from opportunity and creative employees, which means there's always a bit of a resourcing struggle.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The company I always wanted to be a part of

Mar 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The talent level is incredible yet the culture is ego-free, collaborative, empowered, friendly and committed to building innovative, high-quality software. The offices are all very nice and the environment is friendly for working remote / from home. The culture is very conducive to work-life balance. Employees are treated like responsible adults. The team is made of people that are a joy to work with every day. The retreats are epic. We have already impacted the health of millions of people around the world - and we are only four years old.

Cons

Things move quickly. It is not a great fit for anyone that wants to hide in a slow moving company or political culture.

9. 5.0

Incredibly Talented Team

Mar 22, 2021 - Mobile Architect in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The talent here is just astounding. What we are able to produce quality and scale wise would not be possible without having such talented people. We use the latest technologies and practices and are never afraid to move things forward. Our process is very agile with a minimum of red tape. We are able to develop and deliver features very quickly. We rely heavily on automation to enable continuous delivery of updates. The culture is very inclusive, and there is a company-wide love of the outdoors, and leading a healthy active lifestyle. Also have to mention the company-wide epic outdoor adventures!

Cons

No major concerns. Focus can sometimes be a bit divided given leaderships' level of ambition, but this has the feel of a very calculated, conscious decision.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Expertise. Great Products. Great Culture.

Mar 22, 2021 - Data Scientist in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a phenomenal place to work with an energetic team interested in building tools for people to live healthier lives through precision medicine, personal wellness, intermittent fasting, and scientific understanding! It has a great company culture where your work actually matters, and teams are not simply silos. Plus, you can know that you've got an excellent leadership that knows what they're doing and welcomes transparency across the entire company. The individuals throughout the company are a great group of both scientific and technical backgrounds but still prioritize teamwork--and not egos.

Cons

Those looking for a simple clock-in/clock-out and a paycheck likely won't be happy. These guys are builders and want to change the world--not be a cog in a huge machine.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Reviews