LifeOmic Reviews | Glassdoor

Donald E. Brown
  1. Great Company, Great Culture, Awesome Tech

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Cutting edge tech stack - Great people. - Awesome CEO - Relaxed work environment - Remote Friendly - Crazy fun off sites - Good pay

Cons

Basic cons of working for a smaller company or startup. Health Insurance and 401K are just OK and things move fast.

2. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Current Employee - Product Designer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging and rewarding work. Smart and hard working team members. We have a lot of rockstars but everyone is amazingly grounded at the same time. Fun outdoor retreats. Great office space and equipment. Remote-friendly. Great pay. After 15 years of software development, it's the best place job I've ever had.

Cons

Only blip on the radar is no 401k match, but all the pros really drown this out.

Advice to Management

Stay lean. Less mass lets you change direction quickly. You can react and evolve. You can focus on the good ideas and drop the bad ones. You can listen and respond to your customers. You can integrate new technologies now instead of later. Instead of an aircraft carrier, you steer a cigarette boat. Revel in that fact.

3. Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Senior Mobile Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Start-up feel - I feel like my contributions make a difference * The products that we work on can actually improve people's lives. * Transparency - we have frequent meetings to discuss where the company is at and where it's going * LifeOmic values the work I do * I have learned a lot since coming here * Nice equipment (new Macbooks, 5k monitors, standing desks)

Cons

Priorities can change quickly, which can be great for the business but a little distracting.

4. Tremendous Culture with a Bigger Picture Focus

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

The organization is focused on changing how we think about healthcare, cybersecurity and wellness (and more to come). It's a clear and consistent vision. The transparency is refreshing, honest and motivating. There is always alignment on priorities. Also, the organization is dogmatic about not being dogmatic. People are genuine and speak with honesty, which means internal politics and jockeying doesn't exist. The focus...

Cons

As with all startups, there is a lot going on. You can get pulled into multiple directions if you are not focused and organized every day. It's a reality but easily combatted if you stay focused on the goals.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

LifeOmic's Bright Future

Current Employee - Mobile Architect in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well funded and growing company. Strong belief of getting things done with high quality. Excellent product management and research focused to make the right decisions. Highly capable leadership and team members. Really exciting future and lots of opportunity to grow.

Cons

It's a startup so more time and attention is given to the job then if I were to work at some big company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. Sr. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Private Offices - Great Equipment (5K thunderbolt monitor, fully-loaded macbook, Steelcase desk & chair) - Very nice office space - As a remote-first company (offices in Indianapolis, SLC, and Raleigh-Durham) the work from home policy is very flexible. - The hiring bar is set very high, which means you get to work with "the best of the best." - Great pay - Great stock options - The company is keen on leveraging...

Cons

- Not necessarily a con, but working with geographically distributed teams can have it's challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue in your efforts in making employees feel valued, because it's working.

7. Exciting, Professional, Fast Paced

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

• Engineering centered product development. • Experienced team of engineers, executives, scientists, and project managers. • Everyone is professional and dependable. • Flat operating structure. • Remote friendly. • Great offices and equipment.

Cons

• Typical startup challenges. • Priorities change quickly.

Advice to Management

Iterate on the mission statement.

8. Proven Leadership, Challenging Environment, Exceptional Opportunity

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Early stage startup with realistic prospects of business success * Experienced, proven leadership; high believability score * Exciting industries: medicine and information security * Exceptional opportunity to work on large cloud-only architecture * Lots of encouragement to learn, including funding for conference attendance

Cons

* Typical startup cons related to 401K, insurance benefits * Haven't been around long enough to write much more here

9. Amazing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

-First and foremost, the company cares about you (the employee), and it shows -Some of the smartest (but humble) people I have ever worked with -Work environment that challenges you to do/be your best - bring your A-game -Flexible working environment -Great workspace: the best tech and equipment, standing desks, snacks, great office location

Cons

-Startup nature challenges you to say "no" and focus on core products and value prop - not necessarily a bad thing, just stretches you if you are a "yes" person!

Advice to Management

The culture is amazing, work hard to guard against a drift away from it, as tends to happen with growth.

10. Great place to work

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time

Pros

• Challenging and engaging work • Super talented team • Flexible work environment

Cons

• Things change pretty quickly. Need to be willing to learn and adapt.

Found 42 reviews