LifeOmic Reviews

Updated May 1, 2020

LifeOmic CEO Donald E. Brown
Donald E. Brown
Pros
  • "Get to work with AWS and cutting edge tech(in 7 reviews)

• "Don Brown really cares about the mission(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "401k matching would be nice and possibly more options in Health insurance would be good(in 10 reviews)

• "There is no 401k match, which is to be expected of a small start-up organization(in 7 reviews)

1. "Really care about their employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Remote work - Great communication in the team - Two company retreats each year

Cons

The company solves a lot of really hard problems and so it has a really complicated tech stack that can be hard to work with.

LifeOmic2020-05-01
  2. "Excellent Comapny"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for less than a year

Pros

LifeOmic is an amazing place to work, they really value you as an individual and will work with you to help you achieve your goals. There is a lot of opportunity, with the ability to work on many different projects and at different layers. There is a lot of job satisfaction. The company has a ton of talented people and an exciting vision that gets you motivated. There is also constant updates on all the projects of the company and sales making it very transparent for employees.

Cons

A lot can be expected of you, but there is always someone willing to help out when you're unfamiliar with something specific.

LifeOmic2020-03-04
  3. "Excellent place with a lot of opportunities"

Current Employee - Principal ML Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at LifeOmic has spoilt me, I get to choose where, when and what to work on. The team is incredibly smart yet helpful. I am extremely happy to be part of this team and working on difficult problems and on a cutting-edge cloud platform.

Cons

Not really a con: things move rapidly and minimal management. This means on needs to be on top of things and be ready to adapt.

LifeOmic2020-03-02
  4. "An Amazing Company With Insane Potential"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is well respected. Benefits keep growing over time. Extremely low turnover. You are not siloed into any particular technology or product. Modern tech stack. Don Brown really cares about the mission.

Cons

LifeOmic is filled with talented developers; you'll have to work hard to keep up.

LifeOmic2020-03-02
  5. "Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highly competent team with positive attitudes and collaborative spirit. High marks for leadership.

Cons

Can't think of anything right now.

LifeOmic2020-02-26
  6. "Best place I've worked"

Current Employee - UI Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Creative environment with a strong "go get 'em" attitude. - Cutting edge, modern technology - Lots of opportunity for architectural design - Surrounded by intelligent, capable, and fun coworkers - Learn something new every day. Been here 10 mos and still feel like I am constantly being pushed in new ways. - Incredible work culture. Anytime I need help I know I can rely on my team and even others in the company I have never met. - Fun work events and company retreats. - Remote work opportunities. - Fully stocked fridge and kitchen.

Cons

- Sometimes deadlines are difficult to meet. Development is a slow process by nature, and while there is pressure to get new features and bug fixes out the door. It's part of startup culture though and I do understand that things have to move fast.

7. "LifeOmic is Unique"

Current Employee - Business Development in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Education to help you understand LifeOmic's mission in Health and Fitness, Freedom to grow in the job, Working remotely is standard at LifeOmic. Weekly all-hands meeting so you always know what is happening over the entire company.

Cons

So far I have not seen any downsides, unless you are afraid of working hard and playing hard.

LifeOmic2019-11-05
  8. "LifeOmic: An Award-Winning Precision Health and Wellness Company!"

Current Employee - Business Development -Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for less than a year

Pros

• LifeOmic has been recognized by Fast Company as one of the top 50 companies for Innovators and Outside Magazine as one for the Top 50 Places to Work. • A singular vision/belief in the democratization of health, providing researchers, clinicians and individuals the data and tools they need to live and help others live their healthiest lives. • A Precision Health Cloud (PHC) platform- that is transforming healthcare research, genomic discovery and delivery of digital programs in precision health and that will empower the future of individual wellness and selfcare by leveraging a full spectrum of diagnostic and engagement tools including multi-channel media and mobile apps that are linked to an ultra-secure cloud and analytics capabilities. • Data Integration Tools- The Precision Health Cloud (PHC) is designed to integrate all data types, including genomic, lab result, image and patient-generated data, among others, to help researchers accelerate discovery and empower clinicians to more efficiently diagnose, identify personalized treatments and recruit patients for clinical trials. • Full Mobile Integration- LifeOmic’s mobile applications, including the LIFE Fasting Tracker and LIFE Extend as well as customized solutions for industry and partners. • From the CEO Don Brown and throughout the company the culture, creativity and focus on getting things done is what I enjoy the most.

Cons

• It can be hard to keep track of all the activities and projects…LifeOmic is a fast-paced, self-driven startup that allows individuals the flexibility to move in the direction they want in regard to technology and project areas. This can be unsettling if you are coming from a corporate top down structure • Similar to many start-ups we have a lot of irons in the fire and it takes a flexible intellect to see how all the pieces align..but they do.

LifeOmic2019-11-05
  9. "Unbelievably progressive software company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Chance to completely disrupt healthcare and make a tangible difference in people's lives.

Cons

No place to hide. Contributions are readily recognized but it's not the sort of place to go if you want to coast.

LifeOmic2019-11-06

"Great Potential, with a few growing pains"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at LifeOmic full-time

Pros

- Private Offices, equipment, etc - Ambitious CEO with a great personality - Autonomy and ability to adopt latest tech. - Company has a strong root of great engineers - Amazing team build activities/retreats - likely much better than you'll ever experience at most other companies.

Cons

Typical startup growing pains, but as the company has grown.... - The company direction has been split into many areas. This could end up being a great thing, but it does make employees feel stretched thin across many efforts at once. - The talent pool has been diluted a little over time and there is an unwillingness to let people go. - Sub-par pay/benefits and no 401-k matching. There is a culture of highly valuing equity in place of salary. - Culture has started to change, for better or worse.

LifeOmic2019-09-27