LifePath Hospice Reviews | Glassdoor

Kathy Fernandez

1. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL

Pros

Patients, purpose of organization, quality of life is a priority

Cons

Workload, realistic time required for each patient,

Advice to Management

Listen to staff

2. "There is room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with some amazing people. Among peers, I feel like part of the family. I don't have to wear scrubs! I feel I make a difference in my patients' lives.

Cons

Not favorable working hours (but you know that going in), salary is not competitive. The corporation reminds me of our federal government, they take care of their elite. The employees actually doing the work, not so much. Management has unrealistic expectations from employees.

Advice to Management

Poor management can make or break a company. Decisions being made by those that have never stepped foot in a patient home or had to help with their family crisis. The revolving door of employees is a strong indicator there is room for improvement and the management needs to be looked at. The 'hands on' caregivers are the ones who make your company. Reward them! Start now before the competition makes it to Tampa.

"Staff are cut to the bone"

Current Employee - Social Service Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Social Service Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice (More than a year)

Pros

My team members who provide patient care give it their all - work way beyond the hours they are paid for, and truly care for the patients we serve. We want to do the best we can to help our patients and families.

Cons

Staffing has been cut to levels that cannot sustain adequate care of patients. There is virtually no continuity of care, and minimal help is available to patients who call in requesting assistance. If they aren't sent to voice mail... It is like working in a MASH unit - making do with any bit of help available. There is no time or staffing to be proactive in managing patients symptoms or caregiver issues. It is putting out fires and trying to rectify situations that have turned out badly. The staff we have try their hardest, but there simply are not enough of us.

Advice to Management

Put the priority on hiring enough field staff to meet patient and family needs. Make sure that patient calls will be answered, and there are staff available to go out and address their needs. Give us the resources to know at the end of the day that we are providing the care that is needed. Focus needs to be changed from productivity quotas (that don't take into account patient acuity, or distance traveled) to actually having the resources necessary to treat patients' symptoms and give the families assurance that they have back up in caring for their loved ones.

4. "Great leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice (Less than a year)

Pros

Focusing on patients and quality is good

Cons

Difficult working with dying patients at times.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on patients and quality.

5. "Don't go there!"

Current Employee - R Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - R Nurse in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the patients and their families, can be very rewarding at times.

Cons

60-70 hour expected work weeks (on a salary). Management very demanding of your free time, calling you all hours of the day and night. Poor compensation when compared with others, poor mileage reimbursement. Constant payroll problems with checks being short or missing. Disorganized from the top all the way down. This is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. They change the rules daily and do not follow company policies that are in place! Knee jerk style, panicked style management.

6. "Depends on which department you work in..."

Current Employee - Navigation Center in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Navigation Center in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The department that I work in handles incomming calls. It has managers and directors who truly care about balancing both work and hiome life. The team works together to cover each other when our childern are ill, when we need a "mental health" day, or even when there is a school play that we want to attend. The quality expectations are clear, training is great, and the staff really supports each other. This is a great place to work and I am proud to tell people that I work for LifePath.

Cons

If you are not completely dedicated to helping the patients and families in crisis, you can become burned out. It's important not to become too personally involved and still be empathetic and supportive.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with compassion, consistency and respect and you will foster an environment like ours.

7. "Rn"

I have been working at LifePath Hospice full-time

Pros

Team support and a paycheck and our patients

Cons

Management does not care about employees health...they just are looking at the numbers and don't care if they burn god nurses out

Advice to Management

Work in the field for 2 weeks and get a belly full of our reality

8. "Great company to work for."

Pros

Only hospice in tampa so there isnt much competition

Cons

there is a lot of managment change.

"senior staff needs to do our jobs and see what it is realy like to work with no raises, uncaring managers."

I have been working at LifePath Hospice full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We care about our patients and we like to help the dying . Even with no raises, low bonus, we do this because we care about the patients.

Cons

Management doesn't care the staff, they give theirself raises and bonuses, nothing to us.

Advice to Management

Senior staff needs to see how the employees are really doing, how much hard work they do for low pay, no raises, no bonuses and bad treatment by mangers. By making it harder for hourly people to take time off, be late and go to Dr. appts. Salary people and managers DO NOT follow these rules. They come in late, Salary staff come an go, but the hourly people are harrased for being late,taking time off for thieir health or home life. Th managers are not fair, they have favorits. Senior staff needs to keep an eye on the managers who cheat the system. They make rules the way they want. Some managers treat some staff with no respect others are their pets and get away with bully and harrassing the employees they don't like. If we had a camers, you wuld catch. They hide so much stuff from thei boss. Always wrighting up the stff they don't like, but their favorites do the same thing snf get away with it. Labor laws should know some of this.

10. "Great Patient Care, but Poor Employee Treatment"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse

Pros

The patients, families, and coworkers are terrific.

Cons

Senior management not in touch with realities of field work, unreasonable expectation of staff, no respect for personal lives of staff.

Advice to Management

Ask your field staff about number of hours required to finish work each week! Are your expectations realistic? No. Are your staff remaining with your company out of company loyalty or patient loyalty?