LifePath Hospice Reviews | Glassdoor

LifePath Hospice Reviews

1.0
Kathy Fernandez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A disorganized mess of a company."

Former Employee - DME Tech in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - DME Tech in Tampa, FL

I worked at LifePath Hospice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a driver and (DME) durable medical equipment technician you are free from being under constant supervision. The PTO time is nice and can be used after 90 days. Pay is okay starting out.

Cons

All DME was outsourced to a for-profit company called Allcare Medical. Horrible roach infested delivery trucks. Having to literately pull teeth to get certain things fixed. Dilapidated medical equipment. Unpredictable scheduling and having to do on-call. Antagonistic and deceiving management. Almost no advancement opportunities, no raises, very poor 401k program. Can be immediately fired for supposed HIPAA violations.

Advice to Management

Grow up and act professional! New and current techs need to be trained better. I personally was NEVER trained on current HIPAA laws. Buy new and better quality equipment. We should not be giving patients old rusted bedside commodes and used mattresses. Some of the equipment was downright pitiful! It is no wonder Lifepath is losing it's monopoly on hospice care in the Tampa Bay Area. Patients deserve better.

"Staff are cut to the bone"

Current Employee - Social Service Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Social Service Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice (More than a year)

Pros

My team members who provide patient care give it their all - work way beyond the hours they are paid for, and truly care for the patients we serve. We want to do the best we can to help our patients and families.

Cons

Staffing has been cut to levels that cannot sustain adequate care of patients. There is virtually no continuity of care, and minimal help is available to patients who call in requesting assistance. If they aren't sent to voice mail... It is like working in a MASH unit - making do with any bit of help available. There is no time or staffing to be proactive in managing patients symptoms or caregiver issues. It is putting out fires and trying to rectify situations that have turned out badly. The staff we have try their hardest, but there simply are not enough of us.

Advice to Management

Put the priority on hiring enough field staff to meet patient and family needs. Make sure that patient calls will be answered, and there are staff available to go out and address their needs. Give us the resources to know at the end of the day that we are providing the care that is needed. Focus needs to be changed from productivity quotas (that don't take into account patient acuity, or distance traveled) to actually having the resources necessary to treat patients' symptoms and give the families assurance that they have back up in caring for their loved ones.

3. "Don't go there!"

Current Employee - R Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - R Nurse in Tampa, FL

I have been working at LifePath Hospice part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the patients and their families, can be very rewarding at times.

Cons

60-70 hour expected work weeks (on a salary). Management very demanding of your free time, calling you all hours of the day and night. Poor compensation when compared with others, poor mileage reimbursement. Constant payroll problems with checks being short or missing. Disorganized from the top all the way down. This is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. They change the rules daily and do not follow company policies that are in place! Knee jerk style, panicked style management.

4. "Great Patient Care, but Poor Employee Treatment"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse

Pros

The patients, families, and coworkers are terrific.

Cons

Senior management not in touch with realities of field work, unreasonable expectation of staff, no respect for personal lives of staff.

Advice to Management

Ask your field staff about number of hours required to finish work each week! Are your expectations realistic? No. Are your staff remaining with your company out of company loyalty or patient loyalty?