LifePoint Health Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
LifePoint Health President and CEO Bill Carpenter III
Bill Carpenter III

Pros
  • Work-life balance, excellent resources and ethical caring leadership (in 4 reviews)

• Great staff at the department level that are committed to their work and patient care (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This results in employee dissatisfaction and extremely high turnover (in 6 reviews)

• From a leadership prospective there is no work life balance (in 3 reviews)

"Health Care Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Richland, SC
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Richland, SC

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are okay, pay is okay, great flexible hours.

Cons

Benefits could be better, a lot of uncertainty.

2. "Exceptional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at LifePoint Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership, culture, focus on improving care

Cons

No "cons" come to mind

3. "Harvest chef"

Former Employee - Chef in Watertown, WI
    Former Employee - Chef in Watertown, WI

I worked at LifePoint Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and a four day work week. Have a newer kitchen with good equipment. The kitchen is air conditioned.

Cons

The chef threatened someone and HR did nothing about it after they were notified. The whole event was just sweep under the rug without interviewing the parties involved directly. Very toxic place to work. Extremely high turnover rate. Around 40 people in two years turn over in the kitchen. Management needs to go if this place will ever keep quality employees. Management only looks out for themselves and will lie to cover there lack of ability.

Advice to Management

Quit and educate yourselves by working in real kitchens. Stop lying to your employees.

"beware"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

none that i have seen in 3 years since lifepoint purchased the hospital I work for

Cons

This company clearly has 1 objective. Line the pockets of it's executives. They do not have any concern for employee well being and only look at patients as assets. There is no genuine concern for people or community.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. We get told there is not enough money to provide wage increases or benefit enhancements yet executives and physicians seem to continually get bonuses. If the company is underperforming then why do executives get bonus funds? The money they make is totally on the backs of employees.

"Beware of LifePoint Health"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a nurse who attempts to provide excellence in care, I can understand why LifePoint would want good patient satisfaction scores and improved quality of care using NQP initiatives.

Cons

At first, LifePoint enticed our hospital by only showing the best of what Corporate Headquarters could provide our local community. Promises were made that staffing cuts would not be made, benefits would be improved, more resources would be available for our community while paying taxes into the community since LifePoint is for profit. Well, the blinders have been lifted and staffing cuts have come. LifePoint has a set standard what they feel is adequate staffing. There is no regard to the time a nurse actually spends with patients or family members providing education, reassurance, and comfort in their time of need. No benefits are available to Part time employees. Health Care has become like working in an assembly line. Unfortunately people vary greatly in physical, emotional, and mental needs. I'm sorry that our hospital united with LifePoint 1 1/2 years ago.

Advice to Management

If you are a caring manager, stand up for what is right. Talk to your staff openly. A for profit company is exactly that - to make money for top executives and management at LifePoint.

7. "Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture is outstanding. Work is meaningful and fulfilling. Great management team. My supervisor is the best boss I've ever worked for.

Cons

Long stressful hours with little recognition. Poor work life balance. Like anywhere else there are people who most certainly don't carry their own weight

Advice to Management

Identify future talent and nourish it. Offer opportunities to grow within the company. Treat everyone the same. Do not let good team members go due to personality conflicts

8. "Quality patient representative"

Current Employee - Quality Department in Ville Platte, LA
    Current Employee - Quality Department in Ville Platte, LA

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time

Pros

Safety and customer service are priorities. Great support from Senior management

Cons

Pay scale for some categories are too low: example, RN salaries

Advice to Management

Regular townhall meetings to really hear from employees

"Great culture starts from the top"

Former Employee - Hospital Management in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Hospital Management in Asheville, NC

Pros

Great culture starts from the top- and LifePoint has a fantastic culture. It's friendly, forward-looking, and challenging. The focus on high quality patient care is evident, and employees are treated well. There are lots of opportunities for advancement, and because they operate facilities all over the country, there are opportunities virtually anywhere.

Cons

Would have liked more opportunity to work from home occasionally because I'm the type that likes a bit more flexibility. But at the hospital level that's sometimes not possible. It's what you sign up for and the benefits of being a LifePoint employee far outweighed this minor annoyance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work remembering how important each and every member of your team is to the success of your overall enterprise. Keep hiring senior leaders who model the friendly, open, encouraging corporate 'personality' you are known for.

"CBO - Decent benefits, poor structure"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pleasant co-workers, flexible hours, convenient location

Cons

Management is promoted based on their ability to perform within their department, with no consideration to their managerial skills, so we we wind up with management staff that has no idea how to lead effectively. This results in employee dissatisfaction and extremely high turnover.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees in leadership positions have some sort of leadership background and/or training on effective management.

11. "Great for Entry level IT"

Current Employee - Operations Support Analyst in Winchester, KY
    Current Employee - Operations Support Analyst in Winchester, KY

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benfits, 401K, Hsoptial Atmospheres, Working with brilliant people is always a plus. You develop a ton of networking connections. Expect to work and learn,

Cons

Limited growth, on call, Hsoptial never closes or shuts it's doors. Each Hospital is different. Hours can be sometimes ridiculous

Advice to Management

Allow more opportunities for education and advancement