LifePoint Health Reviews | Glassdoor

LifePoint Health Reviews

Updated February 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great staff at the department level that are committed to their work and patient care (in 3 reviews)

• A few helpful employees at the HSC (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This results in employee dissatisfaction and extremely high turnover (in 5 reviews)

• I think upper management expects too much of everyone (in 4 reviews)

1. "They refuse every request to cover their butts."

Current Employee - Texas in Palestine, TX
    Current Employee - Texas in Palestine, TX

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff that are compassionate and experienced or young and energetic.

Cons

Administration will listen to your concerns but will respond with "I am sorry there is nothing we can do". Facilities are understaffed and plagued by "budgetary concerns".

Advice to Management

Follow the recommendations of your staff.

"Physician"

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LifePoint purchased our small community hospital within the past year. They did a great job on selling their brand to our community based board. They provided a fair purchase price and were able to dedicate financial resources to the community.They seem to have a true desire to promote quality initiatives.

Cons

They did a very, very poor job on following through on promises such as 'nothing is going to change'. Since being purchased, we have experienced attrition of many long term and stable employees. Job satisfaction is at an all time low, but profits are up. They seem to be spread thin and in an attempt to centralize resources, they have eliminated much on site management.

Advice to Management

Remember your culture, because LifePoint will try to make you forget it.

3. "Medical transcription"

Former Employee - Medical Transcription in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Medical Transcription in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Paid hourly. Allowed to work from home.

Cons

Expect too much for little pay.

Advice to Management

Think of the employees and help them.

5. "HR/PR Interface Specialist"

Current Employee - ERP Systems Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - ERP Systems Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Health (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, company stresses volunteering.

Cons

few advancement opportunities within company.

6. "Medical receptionist"

Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Winchester, TN
    Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Winchester, TN

Pros

There is a good attitude about his place. They want employees to keep patients coming back and happy.

Cons

The pay is horrible. I have a bachelor of science and am paid $1 more and hour than McDonalds and I am pathetic.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and we will be happy to be more pleasant and hard working. If we don't feel appreciated then we aren't going to be happy about it.

7. "Overall a good place to work."

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Wilson, NC
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Wilson, NC

Pros

Good general experience. Great place for general therapy and learning. Good therapy group to work with overall with good teamwork.

Cons

Rural area with low socioeconomic patients with lots of poor health and challenges. Lack of speciality care.

8. "Aae"

Former Employee - AAE in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - AAE in Brentwood, TN

I worked at LifePoint Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was great and well run

Cons

Make communication a top priority

Advice to Management

Communication

"Stress R Us - Just Don't!"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Hickory, NC

Pros

Hmmm....I got nothing. I guess my personal "pro" is that I got another job elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of any Lifepoint owned facility.

Cons

Although hospital was previously run by another for-profit company, Lifepoint brought nothing positive to the table. They put an idiot in the CEO chair. Management is worse than ever, benefits truly suck, and all departments are working short. Turnover is ridiculously high, especially for nursing.

Advice to Management

Earth to management! Wake up and open your eyes. How you treat employees has a direct effect on patient care.

"LifePoint Health"

Former Employee - Senior Management in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Raleigh, NC

I worked at LifePoint Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

LifePoint Health is a company growing very quickly and offers excellent an excellent salary and benefits. Most of the workforce are quite congenial and easy to approach. Excellent support from corporate accounting.

Cons

LifePoint Health displays poor strategic planning in most instances because they are growing so quickly. The communication from the top down typically does not exist. There are "silos" within the corporate and many times work request from the field are duplicated.

Advice to Management

Corporate management should do a much better job with strategic planning both at the corporate level and at the local hospital level. Better communication from the top down is imperative and a quicker response time when issues arise from the field.

"Money Matters, People Don't"

I have been working at LifePoint Health full-time

Pros

There are many good employees in the local organization. A few helpful employees at the HSC.

Cons

Loss of community hospital culture. Local CEO, CFO, CNO are part of HSC in Tennessee. Admin team not visible or transparent. It has become all about money, people don't matter. The culture has become harsh, the workload is unreasonable and demanding, which is causing burnout and high turnover of some of the best employees. Benefits are terrible. High deductible, high out of pocket maximums are causing financial hardship to the employees. It is very sad to see what is happening to this once beautiful organization. The HSC has high turnover as well which causes a lack of support causing lengthly wait times to get a simple question answered. LifePoint is growing too fast and not taking the time to do things right. Many promises made prior to acquisition are not the reality.

Advice to Management

Work even harder to keep the patients and don't lose site that you are still working at a community hospital and not at the corporate HSC. Be visible, talk to employees, be transparent, recognize employees and make everyone.... patients, physicians, employees feel like they matter. Slow the growth down until you can get the business you currently have in order.