LifeWatch Reviews | Glassdoor

LifeWatch Reviews

1.0
Dr. Stephan Rietiker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lacks Stategic Direction and Leadership"

I have been working at LifeWatch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a small company that allows you to learn the many functions of a large organization if you're apart of the cross functional teams.

Cons

The parent company is located in Switerland and the executive leadership is clueless to the market changes occuring in the US healthcare market. The company is lacking a strategic direction and a cohesive leadership team that builds confidence in the organization.

Advice to Management

Bring in a consulting company that will help the executive team learn strategy development and team alignment before speaking with the employees.

2. "Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at LifeWatch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liked the people I worked with

Cons

Churn and burn company, that goes through reps constantly. NO JOB STABILITY!

Advice to Management

Customers refuse to do business with companies who burn through reps. No chance in establishing long term relationships with accounts because of this.

3. "Want stability in a job? Do not work here!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I worked at LifeWatch (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros to working at this company is the salary. They pay very well.

Cons

Their is a lack of substantial management there. Supervisors were lazy. Rules were inconsistent. This is the first company that I have ever worked at that couldn't care less about its employees. During my time there, many employees received unfair or undeserved write-ups and everyone there was encouraged to tell the managers of "inappropriate workplace conduct" by snooping into the personal conversations of others. This obviously created a lot of tension in the workplace which made it very uncomfortable to work there.

Advice to Management

Clean out current management in ccc/pcc departments and also HR, because these are the people conducting and allowing unjust actions towards employees.

"Waste of quality career time"

I worked at LifeWatch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some pretty amazing Co-workers whom I still keep in touch with. It showed me what NOT to put up with in a company.

Cons

Management changed and everything went to hell. People became hostile towards one another due to management. Those who became management did so only through pure favoritism. They had no qualifications, education, etc. They denied unemployment benefits to those they "laid off". It was truly a horrible experience in the end.

Advice to Management

Give a management position to those who are qualified for it with a fair temperament.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

There are some nice reps where I made great friendships over the years.

Cons

This is a horrible company. Do yourself a favor and run. The company has a ton of lawsuits if you google them and have horrible customer service. They make it very difficult for customers to utilize their service. They also don't give you sales rankings so you have a difficult time leaving the company because they know if they don't give you sales rankings it makes it impossible to leave LifeWatch. RUN from the position in sales.

Advice to Management

Fire all the regional manager as they don't provide value to the company.

"Not much to say."

Former Employee - Telemetry Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Telemetry Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at LifeWatch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was great. Great co workers

Cons

Management was unorganized. The company fights unemployment after releasing you and they have no compassion for their workers. You are a number in this company.

Advice to Management

You should give people opportunity for growth. Have management opportunity. Give raises to the employees. I worked there for two and a half years and recieved not one raise. Work with your employees not against them.

"customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Skokie, IL

I worked at LifeWatch (More than 5 years)

Pros

great co-workers, pay was decent

Cons

management was horrible at the time, extremely unorganized, no communication, no chance of ever moving up and growing within the company, hostile environment, your treated like children

Advice to Management

respect your employees, please, if you show just a little bit of respect and input some kind of appreciation incentive (small bonuses or employee of the month, something anything) people would appreciate it. after the years I've been there to have been treated the way i did would have to say leaving was bittersweet, I was sad let what i worked so hard for go but i literally was going no where within this company. its really a shame because i would have stayed had the management team been better. i actually really liked the job itself but again management at this time was horrendous I'm so glad i left and am at a better place now where in 6 months I've moved up and have been given things that I've asked for from lifewatch but never saw such as a better schedule, bonus, raises, respect and being treated not like someone beneath you but an actual team member...its really sad but i guess its ever man for himself right? also for a company who works in the heart monitoring field i would have expected there to be more out reach and more community programs for healthy living, giving back to the community and taking part in charity events that may help promote a healthy lifestyle....just saying

"Disaster of a company is a dying industry"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at LifeWatch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy job. can literally sit back and hit your number if you have the accounts. but winning accounts with ZERO product...ha

Cons

constant turnover, constant back order, managment constantly changing, technology never improving

Advice to Management

run

"not trust worthy"

Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Lynbrook, NY
    Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Lynbrook, NY

I worked at LifeWatch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there is nothing positive about this company other than you get paid

Cons

they have double standards, terminate easly do not like to pay Unemployment
    high turnover rate

"Run don't walk away from this company!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

High Salary and opportunity for bonus

Cons

Zero training for new employees, management is horrific, gives no direction and attempts to micromanage to the point of tripling tasks. False promises, no job security, each person for themself. The product is dated, huge lack of innovation and sales numbers are at the mercy of patient reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Show compassion, invest in your workforce, don't be so quick to throw your team under the bus. Train!